Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

I think there’s merit in the argument that imposing lockdown too early will have bring about other issues, from things like the impact on individuals mental health to the potential of widespread social disorder.

Quite possibly. Economic impact seems to be of more importance than the infection rate in some places though.

My boss got stopped by the police today while driving from his village to town (5 miles) to go to the big supermarket. The police sent him back, saying he had to use his local shop and that if he was caught again they'd issue him with a court summons.

6 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

My boss got stopped by the police today while driving from his village to town (5 miles) to go to the big supermarket. The police sent him back, saying he had to use his local shop and that if he was caught again they'd issue him with a court summons.

Good.

Where was this?

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Where was this?

Between his village and the town.

11 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

This video made a lot of sense to me.

The worry is how soon the NHS gets to saturation levels I guess. 

It makes sense, my worry is about the quality of joined up reporting and decision making to decide when that right time will be 

Right. All about sources, isn’t it? And of course socially ostracising the fuckwits panic buying.

5 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

It makes sense, my worry is about the quality of joined up reporting and decision making to decide when that right time will be 

My worry is that if we're right just about everybody else is wrong.

38 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Did you post this on the wrong website?

I know, in my heart of hearts, that the Club Dece boys will take heed. Let's turn this #quarantine into a #quaranTEAM #DECEtillDECEased

I get the feeling China didn't blow it's economy for the sake of 3000 pensioners? 

My best guess is that if it was 'just' going to be 3000 then they would probably be treated as collateral damage, but they can't be assured of this relatively low figure and therefore have to assume that it could be significantly higher. The 'Michael Fish & the hurricane' analogy was being widely used last week. Seems to be more about preventing the crash of the NHS system rather than caring about the number of deaths out there per se.

There's always a money game as the UK government could save ~80,000 lives every year simply by banning the sale of tobacco products, yet never do for the purposes of economic gain. However, smokers won't crash the NHS system... unless they all pick up an extremely nasty respiratory virus at the same time of course.

Diegodiego should adopt the Grimbo method of signing off every post, but put “I am in Northern Italy btw”.
Yeah, I think you might be right. This lockdown is utter shite by the way, I hope you good folk of the motherland don't have to deal with it.

Sent from my Northern Italian post-apocalyptic Red Zone bunker.

I've no idea whether our overlords are right or wrong but they've never shown any interest in doing what's right for the wider population in my lifetime. 

As fir panic buying, it's getting to the if you can't beat them join them stage, it's becoming ridiculous. 

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

As fir panic buying, it's getting to the if you can't beat them join them stage, it's becoming ridiculous. 

Yeah, there's no escape really. Once the morons have started, you kind of need to join in or you end up fucked.