Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Is it getting worse gman?

I thought folk would've realised by now that stocks are fine.
Oh yes.
Its non stop. Deliveries are behind so stuff is coming in.
Leave on cages on shop floor and let the mutants take over
Was at Tesco there. No pasta for a week. No toilet roll for a week. No dettol type wipes for a week. Kleenex nearly out. No non alcoholic beer for a week! 
fucking idiots. 
Toilet roll you should get in next week. ( should be tomorrow)
Rest I will find out tomorrow

Was in ASDA earlier stocking up on wine (McGuigans Chardonnay and Campo Vieja Rioja) and saw my first surgical mask wearing person IRL.
Saw 2 at Sainsbury's yesterday on the way in, pushing a trolley that had almost certainly been touched by someone else that day. Go figure.

3 minutes ago, Dosser-fae-the-shire said:

Most local shops have pasta, toilet rolls etc. This virus is certainly outing the utter dregs of society.

You'll probably find that the dregs don't have the cash to bulk buy. 

1 minute ago, Dosser-fae-the-shire said:

Most local shops have pasta, toilet rolls etc. This virus is certainly outing the utter dregs of society.

Aye, my Scotmid isn't running out of anything other than antiseptic wipes, don't think they ever stocked hand sanitiser. Local Tesco Metro much the same, both a bit low on toilet paper.

I live near the heart of the Chinese community in Glasgow and so seeing people wearing surgical masks has never been particularly unusual. For some reason it is odd to see a non-Chinese person wearing one though. 

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Stop panic buying you absolute mutants

Cheers

Was in Asda and they were doing 2 for £1 on their packets of pasta. When I got to the checkout was told I was only allowed one packet despite no signs in the pasta aisle about any restrictions. Shows how much other folk must have been taking the piss with their stockpiling.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Was in ASDA earlier stocking up on wine (McGuigans Chardonnay and Campo Vieja Rioja) and saw my first surgical mask wearing person IRL.

I saw a couple of middle aged women with masks on the bus yesterday. Surreal, to say the least.

32 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

232D6982-CAE7-4651-8E21-76F13F71695A.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Peters Wyngarde said:

NHS must be really struggling if they cant afford uniforms that fit.

I think she should take it off.

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I was in Ikea earlier and the woman in front of me bought 700 paper napkins. I'm guessing she won't be using them to wipe her mouth.

Her toilet drain will either be seriously clogged or her bins absolutely stinking.

You’re meant to catch a sneeze or a cough in a paper napkin and bin it, so it is conceivable that people aren’t bulk buying them for (in one sense of the word) arsehole reasons.

Edited by The OP

12 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

You'll probably find that the dregs don't have the cash to bulk buy. 

It's quite possible to be a dreg with a £1,000,000 in your account, imo.

20 minutes ago, Peters Wyngarde said:

How can visits from family and neighbours be deemed an acceptable risk but bingo isn't?

Because family and neighbours is controlled. 

You know if you are symptomatic, you know of they are symptomatic and you can put in controls like hand washing on arrival and between the two of you you know it's done.

Even if you are infected and asymptomatic, if you both keep hands clean, don't touch your face, cough into hankies etc and keep physical contact to a minimum it's not to say you would pass it on.

Nobody is saying it's 100% safe but it's better than having older people isolated for weeks on end for all sorts of other reasons.

And to be totally blunt you might infect a family member and they might die but the overall risk to the system as a whole means that that is acceptable. 

Planning for a mass viral outbreak while generally under resourcing public services is like me planning for an Olympic 100m final but continuing to drink beer and eat chippies on a weekly basis.

To be pedantic, it isn’t true that the UK Government didn’t have plans for a pandemic flu before all of this. There are clearly lessons to be learned from countries who have prepared for/dealt with this far better though.

It’s going to be interesting/horrifying to see the  glaring weaknesses in the UK economy come to light at the peak of this. Not just with the resilience of public services but with the level of insecure employment, precarious personal finances etc.

This will raise plenty of questions about how Britain goes about normal business. Which we’ll definitely find the wrong answers to.

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

It's quite possible to be a dreg with a £1,000,000 in your account, imo.

Of course it is, was just referring to whom most tag with being the dregs.