Coronavirus (COVID-19)

29 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Yeah I agree there's not much point getting better numbers (especially if it has meant more hardship) if you do f**k all with them 

Scottish kids can now hug their granny and starting back at school next month, all going well.   

England waiting to see how it goes...

Guest bernardblack

Went past a couple of beer gardens in dundee after work and they both looked very calm, with everyone distanced. Hope that stays the same

Went past a couple of beer gardens in dundee after work and they both looked very calm, with everyone distanced. Hope that stays the same

Most are being sensible.

The Fort for example:

"BOOKINGS FOR BACK BEER GARDEN

Bookings for drinks or meals. If a table over 4 is not available, we are FULL. Please understand we cannot move tables around. These bookings are 2.5hr slots only and you cannot book in again under a different name. Please do not ask to be seated near other customers that you know.

We serve from 10am Teas, Coffees, Cakes & Scones.We will also be serving food, all day everyday from 11.30am until 9pm (Last Orders 8:30pm) and all outside areas will be closed at 10pm."

Most are being sensible. 
The Fort for example:

"BOOKINGS FOR BACK BEER GARDEN

Bookings for drinks or meals. If a table over 4 is not available, we are FULL. Please understand we cannot move tables around. These bookings are 2.5hr slots only and you cannot book in again under a different name. Please do not ask to be seated near other customers that you know.

We serve from 10am Teas, Coffees, Cakes & Scones.We will also be serving food, all day everyday from 11.30am until 9pm (Last Orders 8:30pm) and all outside areas will be closed at 10pm."

I walked past 2 in Perth today.

The welcome inn was quite busy in the afternoon, however the Bank Bar in town was pretty much empty.

I think with them being opened on a Monday with most people starting to return to work has seen them a lot quieter then they used to be.

1 minute ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

You feeling better about coronavirus potentially coming to an end?
Well here’s some largely unsubstantiated news about how you should be very scared.

The media.

Obviously there is no herd immunity

Everywhere locked down before everyone could get it

Only 5% of people having had it would be totally out of sync with the understood mortality rate - it's likely to be 3 to 4 times that.

There is a lot of research just now on whether people have a different level of susceptibility - potential if that's the case then you could have a scenario where 15% of people get 80% of the infections, taking you to herd immunity much quicker.

2 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

Did read something interesting that was miles above my head that suggested T-cells might in some way have the key to immunity in CV. The impression I got was that this was unusual and your normal antibody test wouldn't measure this. 

Could quite easily have been some bonkers article posted by some raving lunatic on twitter mind you, but it came across more serious science than that. 

41 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

You feeling better about coronavirus potentially coming to an end?
Well here’s some largely unsubstantiated news about how you should be very scared.

The media.

I think you're pushing the MSM scaremongering line a bit heavily here mate. It's not largely unsubstantiated for a start, has a massive cohort, shows that some areas have up to 17% prevalence, is peer reviewed and ties in with more than a couple of other similar studies in other places that had similar findings. 

🤷‍♂️ 

Not only was it implied it was fine to go to the pub, the government essentially said it was people's civic duty to go out on "Super Saturday" to save the economy.
I noticed that royal ascot was a pretty major event that took place on Saturday (derby day) - perfect timing for the great and good to enjoy their champagne.

I wonder if that played a part in the choice of date. It goes without saying that certain industries and events have more clout than others with the highest decision makers in the land.

6 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I noticed that royal ascot was a pretty major event that took place on Saturday (derby day) - perfect timing for the great and good to enjoy their champagne.

I wonder if that played a part in the choice of date. It goes without saying that certain industries and events have more clout than others with the highest decision makers in the land.

Royal Ascot was a couple of weeks back.

Think we're all heading for repeated lockdown cycles (sometimes local, sometimes national) until such a time a vaccine (if one ever happens) is mass rolled out.

Even if Scotland reached "zero Covid", it'll inevitably be imported from elsewhere, and it all begins again.

6 hours ago, pandarilla said:

He’s going down the fake news route.

im sure everything will be fine. I see Todd’s back on the spamograph as well I see now there’s a couple of positive statistics.