Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I had a cough for about ten minutes a few days back, then my asthma started playing up as I got covered in dust when emptying the hoover. Last couple of days I’ve got s funny taste in my mouth.

What do P&Bers think, am I a goner or will I pull through?
Don't worry its just aids

On 08/07/2020 at 22:48, alta-pete said:

Has nobody else yet made the correlation between the Scottish Government’s limitations on Spain as a snide at Catalonia’s failed bid for independence? 

Anyhoo, with them having made the pointless separatist ‘point’, I’ll wager come July 20th the quarantine will be miraculously lifted. While our glorious devolved Government will have monitored the quarantining of the sum  total of, ehhh, zero airport arrivals over the two weeks.

Wha’s like us, eh???!! 

What date today? Oh look, Spanish Quarantine lifted! Anybody want next weeks lottery numbers? 

1 minute ago, alta-pete said:

What date today? Oh look, Spanish Quarantine lifted! Anybody want next weeks lottery numbers? 

Yeah, this doesn't change the fact that your post was obviously batshit mental.

I had a cough for about ten minutes a few days back, then my asthma started playing up as I got covered in dust when emptying the hoover. Last couple of days I’ve got s funny taste in my mouth.

What do P&Bers think, am I a goner or will I pull through?

Bad Aids

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

He's in the same office as me and I saw him cough once at around 9:30am, he was sent home about an hour later. I think most folk, including his manager and our health and safety guy, think that he's fine but sent him home as a precaution. Some of the simpletons on the shop floor have taken this precaution as a positive test being returned and are now blaming this guy for their impending death.

Personally I think he's got to work on a Monday morning and thought "f**k this", started coughing and told his manager it might be best if he works from home. A positive test being announced tomorrow could lead to some incredible scenes though.

This is another problem as I know from personal experience that a tickly throat and cough are pretty standard symptoms of hay fever especially when the pollen count is high during June, July and August.

I've been working from home fortunately for the past couple of months now, however had I been in the office I'm sure I would have caused "terror" a few of the high pollen days over the past few weeks !!

10 hours ago, bennett said:

That's it, you're basically wearing it for around 20 - 30 minutes max and if it reduces the numbers of infections then it's worth it. Bairnardo sums it up pretty well, few posts up.

Is the whole mask thing not more about anonymous people and the inability to use track and trace as opposed to any sort of health safeguards ??

Before I get attacked, I'm not for one minute advocating people NOT wearing them in public transport / shops etc but if it was purely for personal health reasons / protection, then you would surely have to wear them in pubs, restaurants and office environments also ??

13 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Getting temperature checked walking into the pub on Saturday night was quite a surreal experience.

The Apple shop in Braehead make you read a board with symptoms on it - if you say you don't have any of them, they then ask if they can take your temperature (a laser to the forehead) before letting you join the actual queue (which then involves booking a slot and coming back when it's time).

20 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Getting temperature checked walking into the pub on Saturday night was quite a surreal experience.

Getting ID'd to fire a chest of drawers into the dump even more so

26 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Yeah, this doesn't change the fact that your post was obviously batshit mental.

Balls. It was another pointless ‘look at me, we’re doing it different’ (but we’re no’ really) piece of grandstanding from The First Lady. Go look up the Spanish infection rate then and now. I’ll wager no real reduction since. 

1 minute ago, alta-pete said:

Balls. It was another pointless ‘look at me, we’re doing it different’ (but we’re no’ really) piece of grandstanding from The First Lady. Go look up the Spanish infection rate then and now. I’ll wager no real reduction since. 

If anything it's gone up

I see infections are down again in Sweden, and 7 day average deaths have fallen to 3.

Perhaps hope for all that second waves are not inevitable or as out of control as back in March and, even if infections do pick up slightly, they will drop again, and will do so without increasing the number of deaths.

Edited by Todd_is_God

I see infections are down again in Sweden, and 7 day average deaths have fallen to 3.
Perhaps hope for all that second waves are not inevitable or as out of control as back in March and, even if infections do pick up slightly, they will drop again, and will do so without increasing the number of deaths.

Europe’s kinda got on top of it largely.
It’s the USA that’s going to f**k it for everyone else.

40 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

When the bouncer insisted that he gets a better reading "below the equator" I realised I hadn't booked into the establishment that I had expected or wanted.

Still, I fancied a pint all the same. Walked it off over the rest of the weekend.

10 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Aye. Be interesting to see if they follow the pattern of Sweden's "2nd wave" or not. Needs to slow down pretty rapid just about now to do so.

12 minutes ago, mizfit said:

That’s why folk from the US shouldn’t be allowed to travel outwith their country. If they really need to travel they should be quarantined until a test reveals they’re clear 

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Getting ID'd to fire a chest of drawers into the dump even more so

Civic Amenity Recycling Facility for ffs.

Edited by Jacksgranda