Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, MP_MFC said:

I'd say it's likely to be that and or Thursday / Friday is when they do the routine screening in care homes etc and these pick up, naturally, more cases.

Would be interesting to see the breakdown of the positives by pillar 1 and 2 for Scotland and I guess the govt do which will guide how they react.

Aye we are usually a Thursday and we get the results Friday night/early Saturday morning.

Friday this week as we had public health in doing all the residents + staff.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Re: Testing figures. Does anybody know if these include people who are now undergoing regular testing? E.g., my mate works at Erskine and all their care and admin staff at all their homes are now being tested weekly.

The testing figures are split by new people and total tests.

For example 16,547 tests yesterday, of which 3,463 were new people.

I assume the difference will be people who have been tested previously, like your mate above.

Worth noting as well that the percentage of positive tests on travelling tabby are always recorded as a percentage of the new people. If it was of all the tests yesterday's figure would be 0.1% rather than 0.6%, and the 0.4% 7 day average would be much lower as well.

On 17/07/2020 at 14:16, madwullie said:

I get the impression that @Thereisalight.. holds slightly more off-piste views than he lets on here

On 17/07/2020 at 14:18, Thereisalight.. said:

What like? 

On 18/07/2020 at 13:23, Thereisalight.. said:

Another thing that puts me off the vaccine is how involved the “Gates Foundation” is  with it. Not that I believe in the conspiracy theory about him microchipping every one before anyone thinks that 🙄 

QED

Edited by madwullie

37 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

23 new cases today in top of the 21 yesterday.

A wee reminder that we can't be too careful with this, especially as we're starting to get back to normal BJ.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-53465160?fbclid=IwAR3UGaFuuK0S8k51pAaLsmo2XTrNaV3S9va6IdWU_27Qjw2apE6UwWPcuLU

A potential cluster of Covid-19 cases is being investigated in North Lanarkshire, health officials have confirmed.

BBC Scotland understands the outbreak involves a call centre which carries out coronavirus contact tracing for Public Health England.

One employee said he believed at least seven of his colleagues had tested positive.

NHS Lanarkshire said it was aware of a number of "potentially linked cases".

Dr David Cromie, NHS Lanarkshire consultant in public health medicine, said: "We became aware this morning [19 July] of a number of potentially linked cases of coronavirus (Covid-19) in Lanarkshire.

"We instigated some immediate measures to reduce risk and are currently investigating the situation."

Earlier, the Scottish government said 23 new cases of Covid-19 had been detected across Scotland in the past 24 hours, although only three of these were in the Lanarkshire health board area.

Public Health England has been contacted for a comment.

Cue Alanis Morissette. 

19 hours ago, Stinky Bone said:

Covid 19.  19.  19  19  not 20. 

I think you are peddling knicker wetting pish, scientists are still discovering information about this virus.  You have said that it is a novel virus, so you must recognise it is new.  I cannot understand why you cannot accept that a vaccine rushed out would not have any side effects.  You post a lot of shite on this forum, and so do I, but VT you have fucked this one.  

I think you should have a cup of tea and cake. 

@pozbaird

9 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Looks like its clusters.Heres a few in the same workplace

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-53465160?__twitter_impression=true

"BBC Scotland understands the outbreak involves a call centre which carries out coronavirus contact tracing for Public Health England."

A smidgen of irony there...

Wonder how many new cases each day would be enough to have folk screaming for another lockdown [emoji848]
Not sure if you're on Twitter but various accounts publish the daily figures and the slightest increase will see any number of folk asking for tighter restrictions.

I would like to think that in Scotland given the population and the low number of cases that there will be no need for a further lockdown, even on a localised level. So far the track and trace system (or whatever it's being called) seems to be working as it should as far as I can tell.

24 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Commuters to work which could possibly be the explanation for that 

Hadn't considered that.

Be interesting to see the case numbers tomorrow. Hopefully back down to single figures and those suggesting the higher weekend figures are purely a result of vastly increased testing are correct.

Is there daily update tomorrow? I imagine the FM will elaborate on it then.

Incredible the number of people on twitter that reckon it's all down to a couple of people they saw in Morrison's not wearing masks, though, despite the fact that cases, deaths etc had all been steadily falling over the last few months when the vast majority didn't wear a mask.