Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I’m seeing more and more people not wearing them. I went to the chippy in Maybole yesterday and there was 6 people in, 4 of which didn’t have face coverings. Folk are chucking it already in the same way they chucked lockdown measures 

Some folk are idiots.

I was in Tesco yesterday and every person was wearing a face covering. Same the last time I was there. Lots of people get that this is important and are happy to comply.  

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

Did you actually read what I'd written?

I specifically said that I've no problem with folk who don't need to wear masks. My bugbear was that, if you were exempt from wearing a mask, surely you'd still go some way to mitigate the droplets that are coming out of your mouth and not walk around a shop laughing and joking on a phone.

Yes and my point still stands.

So because they are exempt from wearing a mask they’ve not to laugh and just to keep their mouth shut?

Erm no, a vaccine is not a drug even by your own definition. A 'substance' causing a physiological change describes a chemical process within the body; a vaccine is an entirely biological process. It is not the chemical substance of a vaccine that confers immunity but rather the inert virus/microorganism contained within it.
Except it's not my definition, is it?

I’m seeing more and more people not wearing them. I went to the chippy in Maybole yesterday and there was 6 people in, 4 of which didn’t have face coverings. Folk are chucking it already in the same way they chucked lockdown measures 
From experience, I'd say the % of people wearing face coverings in supermarkets is much higher than people in corner shops/takeaways. Observance in the latter is really quite low.

10 minutes ago, Markka said:
1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

From experience, I'd say the % of people wearing face coverings in supermarkets is much higher than people in corner shops/takeaways. Observance in the latter is really quite low.

I'll give that a Scruffy Second:

image.png.6a0a5acd2b3761bc6a4067c61b542acc.png

Plenty of masks worn at Asda the other day, but I was literally the only person wearing a mask when I popped into a nearby chippy.  Staff included but given the heat at points behind the counter I can understand that, any mask would likely end up wringing after a short time.

Sort of; there was a ginger guy that came in after me but he doesn't fucking count because he took his mask off after a couple of minutes when he noticed hardly anyone had one on.

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Some folk are idiots.

I was in Tesco yesterday and every person was wearing a face covering. Same the last time I was there. Lots of people get that this is important and are happy to comply.  

Must of got lucky . Staff members good to see also. My store this isn't the case.

However I'd  say 85 percent of customers are wearing masks in my work.

Staff id say 60 / 40 😞

Aye this is what I've seen too. Went to the driving range last week and no-one in the golf shop was wearing one.

Massive reduction in tests again, down to just over 4,000

I might be looking for a pattern I want to see here, but I wonder if community transmission has remained pretty steady and low, with the additional tests being done at the end of the week identifying asymptomatic cases that the SG have built in to their estimations anyway.

Certainly hospital numbers are still falling, and ICU cases have been pretty stable at 2/3 for a good period now, and the obvious good news of just 1 death now in the last 12 days.

22 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
1 hour ago, Markka said:

Aye this is what I've seen too. Went to the driving range last week and no-one in the golf shop was wearing one.

It does seem a bit bizarre to me; supermarkets might well have more people in them but there's a good bit more space and usually multiple entrances/exits too, smaller stores like chippies are vastly harder to maintain a safe distance in. Wonder if there's been a f**k up with the messaging somewhere or something purely psychomological driving it (I think all of the news items led with soundbites/taglines to the effect of "Shoppers must now wear masks when going to supermarkets". Maybe folk associate all of the rules like one-way systems, cleaning trolleys, no entry signs etc. at supermarkets with rules like wearing a mask too...)

You'd think people would go "hmm am i going to be visiting an enclosed indoor space today which will be frequented by other people, if so maybe i should wear a mask like the news dude said" but perhaps not.

edited to make a correction.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

It just comes across as mental to me at this point that I can walk into a pub with no mask on yet still can't walk into a doctor's surgery without an appointment.
Its because of money. Better to have people drinking and spending cash than living healthily.

Of course you should wear a mask. That's why I find it bizarre you can walk into a pub without one.

Masks are completely useless in a pub though. It’s like comparing apples and oranges really.

5 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

You can walk into a doctor's surgery for a number of things without having an appointment to see a doctor.

Any doctors I’ve had this has never been the case.

3 minutes ago, Pcplum said:

Any doctors I’ve had this has never been the case.

It would only be to make an appointment or pick up a prescription, both of which can very easily be done remotely. Not sure you can go to the pub remotely quite as easily.