Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just walked along with the dog to meet the missus finishing her shift at the boozer, apparently full of young folk discussing who's house they were going to to watch the boxing.

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Number of hospitalised Covid cases in Scotland has doubled in 2 weeks. 99 as of today albeit “only” 11 of those in ICU. 11.5% of those tested yesterday were positive. More than 700 cases confirmed in a day. Time to stock up on wine again ☹️.

My MiL is back in icu - they say its more of a safety measure given its the holiday weekend, rather than she is desperately in need of icu care. I think they had capacity and felt it best for her there. So icu at hairmyres anyway isn't struggling with covid cases as yet. Crazy to think 5 months ago she'd just have been papped home. 

Had to get the two weans (AHVE GOAT TWO WAINS BUT) tested yesterday, thankfully adding a couple of numbers to the negative test side (you're welcome covid deniers) 

My MiL is back in icu - they say its more of a safety measure given its the holiday weekend, rather than she is desperately in need of icu care. I think they had capacity and felt it best for her there. So icu at hairmyres anyway isn't struggling with covid cases as yet. Crazy to think 5 months ago she'd just have been papped home. 
Had to get the two weans (AHVE GOAT TWO WAINS BUT) tested yesterday, thankfully adding a couple of numbers to the negative test side (you're welcome covid deniers) 

Not great. Again, fingers crossed for you all.

Hope your MiL does well. I’m presuming with what you’ve said she hasn’t as yet needed to be on a ventilator. If so, very much hope that remains the case going forward.

Edit to add the ICUs in Scotland currently have good capacity and indeed better capacity than pre-pandemic. Hopefully that remains the case but the current trends are to me a concern. I absolutely get that we are a long way from the levels of admissions seen earlier in the year but I am concerned by recent figures albeit accepting that increases were largely predictable.

11 minutes ago, Empty It said:
31 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
Which house did they choose? 

Some guy with a swanky house up the road, got an invite but not into boxing that much or covid come to mention it.

^^^ also fooling nobody

1 hour ago, Chairman Mao said:

We’ve got all these restrictions for 11 people in ICU?

It really not tough to work it out. 

Any measure you put in place will take 14 days to give an indication if its worked. That's why we need to act now and can't just wait for hospital admissions / the corpse producing process does its tang. But surely to christ people get that by now? 

Edited by madwullie

11 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Hope your MiL does well. I’m presuming with what you’ve said she hasn’t as yet needed to be on a ventilator. If so, very much hope that remains the case going forward.

Edit to add the ICUs in Scotland currently have good capacity and indeed better capacity than pre-pandemic. Hopefully that remains the case but the current trends are to me a concern. I absolutely get that we are a long way from the levels of admissions seen earlier in the year but I am concerned by recent figures albeit accepting that increases were largely predictable.

Cheers mate, yeah no sign of a ventilator as yet and she's sitting up talking and stuff, but won't be happy till she's properly out the woods - can deteriorate pretty quickly with this shit if you're one of the unlucky ones. 

She doesnt have any underlying conditions apart from being an old bat, so hoping that works in her favour 🤞 

Edited by madwullie