Coronavirus (COVID-19)

@Chairman Mao we've spoken about Sweden before and they had a pretty light de-facto lockdown (uni colleges closed, workers asked (and most did) to work from home. Bans on large gatherings etc. In effect, an extremely light lockdown (lighter even than our half arsed nonsense) but, and here's the key that only 1% of people have IQ to understand, didn't use the word "lockdown". Fucking genius, took me a while to cotton on but I'm sure an intellectual giant like yourself is all over this like rats on a dead dog. 

So yeah, it's a bit weird that you trumpet them as a model to follow, when you claim to believe that measures do nothing and we should just lift them all?? 

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:

Rude Boy by Rihanna when I joined. An absolute banger I'm sure you'll agree.

Back in the good old pre-2010 days when lyrics were more poetic, moving, thought-provoking and uplifting:

Come here rude boy, boy
Can you get it up
Come here rude boy, boy
Is you big enough
Take it, take it (yeah)
Baby, baby (yeah)
Take it, take it (yeah)
Love me, love me (yeah)

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

What song was no.1 when you joined P&B (your first account)?

July 18 2007:

Eh eh eh.

I signed up in early spring 2009 with a full head of hair, riding the crest of a wave after a 0-0 draw at home with Peterhead I logged into Pie and Bovril to tell someone to f**k off for the first time (on here).  Later that year @dundeebarry did the Leigh Griffiths blog and I was hooked to the place needing my fix.  

But to the matter at hand it was the 24th of March 2009, it was a simpler time - some people wore shirts that had hoods on them,  the Iraqi man who had thrown a shoe at George Bush had only a couple weeks earlier been sentanced (he got out by October), people were pretending they enjoyed Slumdog Millionaire, Obama was just starting out as president. 

We had been blessed with some of the finest number one songs of any year already:

• Lady Gaga          Just Dance
  • Lily Allen               The Fear
  • Kelly Clarkson    My Life Would Suck Without You

The best was yet to come, enter Flo Rida with Right Round.  The song heavily interpolates the chorus of the Dead or Alive song "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)" in its hook.  Set in common time with a moderate tempo of 125 beats per minute. It is written in the key of A minor with a chord progression of Am–C–G–Am–D–G, and the breakdown of C–G–Am–C–D–E. 

A classic anthem we can all enjoy. 

I know the storm is comin'
My pockets keep tellin' me it's gonna shower
Call up my homies, it's on
Then pop in the next 'cause this mix'll be ours

Edited by itzdrk

22 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I signed up in early spring 2009 with a full head of hair, riding the crest of a wave after a 0-0 draw at home with Peterhead I logged into Pie and Bovril to tell someone to f**k off for the first time (on here).  Later that year @dundeebarry did the Leigh Griffiths blog and I was hooked to the place needing my fix.  

But to the matter at hand it was the 24th of March 2009, it was a simpler time - some people wore shirts that had hoods on them,  the Iraqi man who had thrown a shoe at George Bush had only a couple weeks earlier been sentanced (he got out by October), people were pretending they enjoyed Slumdog Millionaire, Obama was just starting out as president. 

We had been blessed with some of the finest number one songs of any year already:

• Lady Gaga          Just Dance
  • Lily Allen               The Fear
  • Kelly Clarkson    My Life Would Suck Without You

The best was yet to come, enter Flo Rida with Right Round.  The song heavily interpolates the chorus of the Dead or Alive song "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)" in its hook.  Set in common time with a moderate tempo of 125 beats per minute. It is written in the key of A minor with a chord progression of Am–C–G–Am–D–G, and the breakdown of C–G–Am–C–D–E. 

A classic anthem we can all enjoy. 

That's a lovely trip down memory lane on a Wednesday evening.

I liked shirts with hoods. Slumdog Millionaire was okay but not great.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

I’m old school. I think I joined P&B the day after it started. Which I guess makes this my song in this game, and also number 1 on the day P&B was born...

Come March, my time on P&B will be old enough to legally drink in pubs.

Edited by Adamski

Part of me by Katy Perry.

It was the March of 2012, the big rangers admin thread was in full flow, Steve Lomas was allegedly being inappropriate, And Scotland yet again failed to qualify for a major tournament.