Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Germany have had a far lower infection and death rate than the other major European countries since the beginning of the pandemic. They manage things better and seem to have a less moronic population than the likes of the UK and France.

As for Italy, as they were leading the way at the beginning of the first wave you would expect their rate of infection/deaths to be higher at the moment.

The only difference I can see is that Italian schools reopened just two weeks ago but, as we know, children and schools are not major transmission hotspots. It's a bit of a mystery then!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain xox 

tenor.gif

21 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:
31 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
Go outside and buy noodles but only from someone from another household in a pub in South Wales but only if you live East of Manchester.
Its all very clear.

What about me, I'm east of Mombasa.

What about those who are in Krakatoa, East of Java.

Spoiler

Which is actually west of Java.

14 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Whatever happened to Putin's vaccine that was ready to go?

Did he stop rolling it out after trialing it on the leader of the Russian opposition?

download.jpeg

ETA: this isn't fair as your joke is far funnier than anything that show's made in about twenty years

Edited by NotThePars

2 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Incidentally what's Devi rent a quotes advice on getting out and about in today's weather.    Get soaked, embrace upper respiratory tract infections, weaken your immune system, we're all in it together shitheads so if your moods low tough.

Wish she told us to stay in......i played 9 holes of golf this morning

4 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Wish she told us to stay in......i played 9 holes of golf this morning

20 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

OnTheMoveBobHoskinsDonaldGee.png

Who can forget Bob in On the Move, the BBC adult literacy series?

Used to watch that. Didnt he drive about in a blue lorry/van with an arrow on the side?

3 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

There was a lady from Glasgow Caledonian University (IIRC) on Radio Scotland the other day. She said their research said COVID 19 is now just a seasonal bug, we have reached herd immunity and that we should just forget about it and get on with our lives. I'm not a scientist so can offer no opinion either way on this. John Beattie sounded a bit surprised at it though. 

Luckily John Beattie is one of our most forensic journalists and has the experience and intelligence to interrogate views like this.

21 hours ago, s_dog said:

Today's figures will include a backlog from over the weekend (figures at the weekend were a bit low). But what is notable is that two weeks ago, in Scotland there were 28 people in hospital and 6 in ICU with Coronavirus. Today there are 123 in hospital and 14 in ICU. For the UK, two weeks ago there were 972 in hospital and 106 on ventilators, now at 2049 in hospital and 297 on ventilators.

On fans being able to go to games. Is the numbers of people going into the stadium, and then leaving at the end maybe not a big reason why they aren't keen to allow it to happen? It's ok spreading people out once they are in, but very difficult to keep socially distant when leaving. How many people are going to want to stand/sit about for 15-30 minutes at the final whistle while some kind of staggered departure is in place. Most of the time you are freezing and desperate to leave at the final whistle before half time.

FTFY