Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I may have read this wrong but is it correct that restaurants who sell alcohol MUST close, but cafes without an alcohol licence can stay open until 6pm? 

That is my reading of it as until half an hour agoI didn't realise all restaurants with a licence in the central belt have to close as well.

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

I’m officially covid free, as per results of today’s test.

Last one I got I was told “no news is good news”.  Then I got an email from them. :unsure:

email: “your test result has been delayed” ... followed by a negative result 2hrs later.  

2 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Respiratory problems affect the blood. The less oxygen you take in causes blood problems potentially eventually blood poisoning, but covid is not a blood disease. It’s a respiratory illness that can cause blood problems. 

Local lockdown imminent in Nottingham, after our infection numbers went up to 496 per 100,000 (4th highest in England). The approx 450 cases at University of Nottingham probably didnt help.

We are off to Center Parcs on Monday. Imagine the local lockdown probably doesn’t impact us in the slightest though

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I know this won’t be a popular opinion but surely the rising number of cases show that masks are pretty futile 

You've been promoting their use for weeks to allow crowds in to football, but of a turnaround.

Which game are you off to this week?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

12 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I know this won’t be a popular opinion but surely the rising number of cases show that masks are pretty futile 

Presumably we'd have even more cases if masks weren't being used...

24 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Past caring about football is what I meant. The game is dead 

For a man who has repeatedly talked about mental health issues brought on by an illness similar to covid killing your father (and perhaps covid), why are you so against lowering the death toll and saving families similar heartache? 

2 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

For a man who has repeatedly talked about mental health issues brought on by an illness similar to covid killing your father (and perhaps covid), why are you so against lowering the death toll and saving families similar heartache? 

I’m not against it, I just think the vulnerable/elderly should be shielded and allow everyone else to go to work etc. So many people are on the cusp of losing their jobs (if they haven’t already) and the untold damage mentally will go along with that. I lost my job due to covid and it was a grim time. These stop/start “lockdowns” will probably end up doing more harm than good 

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’m not against it, I just think the vulnerable/elderly should be shielded and allow everyone else to go to work etc. So many people are on the cusp of losing their jobs (if they haven’t already) and the untold damage mentally will go along with that. I lost my job due to covid and it was a grim time. These stop/start “lockdowns” will probably end up doing more harm than good 

There are millions of elderly people up and down the country who provide childcare, and without that a lot of people wouldn't be able to go to work.