Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It would be like having four divisions in a football league, the bottom one of which is called 2.

I actually think people in the UK in general would understand the levels of restrictions better if it was discussed in these terms.

Greater Manchester in turmoil as they are relegated to League 1 with no parachute payments

Inner London celebrate after long awaited promotion to Covid Championship

etc

Ms Sturgeon said it was important to be targeted and proportionate when applying restrictions.

"We shouldn't have, for example, the Highlands living under a level of restriction that is designed to deal with higher rates of the virus in the central belt."

This  should have been the case as far back as April or so. The Western Isles went weeks (months?) without a case. I've no idea how its took to mid  October to finally realise this

9 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
12 minutes ago, renton said:
So, what we thinking, Glasgow and Lanarkshire in tier 3, Edinburgh in tier 2, most of the rest of Central belt in tier 1, Highlands and Islands in 0?

I'd prefer LA definitions rather than health boards. 

Both one and the same down here and to the East.

Some posters bizarrely seem under the impression that there's nothing south of the bit we all call 'central'.

I don't particularly like any set of tiered restrictions where there is no opportunity whatsoever of "no restrictions"

Whether or not it's achieveable is a different question, but calling any restrictions "Level Zero" is just "new normal" pish.

Page 15 shows the latest maps of cases by local authorities
Level 0 and 1 allow spectators in stadia limited
Page 62
 this looks like football fans back on November 2nd

Where exactly, don't see many areas with football clubs being in level 1 (level zero a pipedream for now)

1 minute ago, Stan Hope said:

very harsh on parts of Lanarkshire, some of the north is lanarkshire in name only, they're weegies, some in the south of the region have more chance catching a sheep disease

Aye, same in places like Fife where case loads will be driven in the big three towns and St Andrews and really nowhere else.

You have to demarcate somehow. Health boards are probably too blunt and postcodes are probably too problematic to police.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't particularly like any set of tiered restrictions where there is no opportunity whatsoever of "no restrictions"

Whether or not it's achieveable is a different question, but calling any restrictions "Level Zero" is just "new normal" pish.

No, it’s about having a system that allows for looser restrictions than level 1 in England, while keeping the numbering of the common levels consistent. 

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Both one and the same down here and to the East.

Some posters bizarrely seem under the impression that there's nothing south of the bit we all call 'central'.

Well, I certainly meant no slight by missing out D+G, Tory c***s though you may be. Guessing you lot could make a claim for level 1, though incidence is higher than in the Borders.

16 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Page 15 shows the latest maps of cases by local authorities

Level 0 and 1 allow spectators in stadia limited

Page 62

this looks like football fans back on November 2nd

Within these levels, we would expect to see low incidence of the virus with isolated clusters, and low community transmission. Broadly, these levels are the closest we can get to normality, without a vaccine or effective treatment in place, before conditions will allow us to move to Phase 4 of the Route Map. They would be similar to the measures in place during the summer, once we reached Phase 3. The Baseline and Level 1 are designed to be sustainable for longer periods.

Never had fans back in the summer. Have you seen something to make you think there's a possibilty of this? (hope so!)

**Seeing Page 62 myself now. Although tend to think the SFA, would still put some hurdles in the way. And I reckon Level 0-1 is unachievable in the Central Belt**

Edited by Steven W

15 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It would be like having four divisions in a football league, the bottom one of which is called 2.

or a building with a ground floor and floors 1,2 and 3....

Incidentally, I really should post on "petty things that annoy you" about how Scottish fitba copied the english naming of leagues, absolutely detest Premiership, Champoinship etc.  I was hoping that there may have been league reconstruction in the summer and we could have reverted to division 1 etc.

Within these levels, we would expect to see low incidence of the virus with isolated clusters, and low community transmission. Broadly, these levels are the closest we can get to normality, without a vaccine or effective treatment in place, before conditions will allow us to move to Phase 4 of the Route Map. They would be similar to the measures in place during the summer, once we reached Phase 3. The Baseline and Level 1 are designed to be sustainable for longer periods.
Never had fans back in the summer. Have you seen something to make you think there's a possibilty of this? (hope so!)
Its a complete new framework to the summer one. so yes if your are in level 1 some spectators appear to be allowed. Getting into level 1 is the mystery we need to wait on.

Just now, renton said:

Well, I certainly meant no slight by missing out D+G, Tory c***s though you may be. Guessing you lot could make a claim for level 1, though incidence is higher than in the Borders.

Well you caused grave, grave offence.

The majority of voters down here are not Tories, so please avoid that essentially right wing thing of attributing characteristics to individuals within a population, based on a perceived big picture.

We'll be Level 2 I would think.  We had a well publicised spate of deaths at a care home recently that you must have missed.