Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Alli (or whatever you're calling yourself), moutinho and VT, you are complete and utter morons who offer nothing other than childish pish which just spoils the board for the adults.
The rest of us may not agree with each others posts all of the time, however we're capable of offering up our reasons for a contrarian view as opposed to just following people around the forum and red dotting them. 
don't get me wrong, the "red dotting" in itself doesn't bother me in the slightest (why would it), however it's the fact that you are unable to offer any sort of arguments or reasoning (if you even have any) and just try and and annoy people.
As I say, it's just moronic behaviour which has no place here.
Get a grip.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I was shopping yesterday when an almighty row broke out between an older guy who was masked and a young coiuole (early 20s) who were not wearing any.

It all started with a growling "Get yer fucking mask on" from the old boy.

I can't blame him - it's frustrating watching people blatantly not using masks.

Personally - if you are not able to wear a mask then you are not able to go to the shops.

This is tragic. Were they going to be breathing on him from a 2 metre range for at least 15 minutes? We're at a stage now that folk can mind their own business and not act as though we are going to be in ICU because someone walks past us in the street without wearing a hazmat suit. 

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

If it were only the idiots who didn’t comply who caught the virus it would probably be a positive thing.

Like c***s going to the shops with their wife when the R rate was through the roof and 1000 folk a day were dying in the UK? 

"Everyone is an "idiot" or "scum" when they break the rules except me" - every boomer on This Forum

5 minutes ago, Stan Hope said:

i don't have that attitude at all towards schools, but to think they arent a major contributor to the constant rise in infections is foolish at best, wee nic doesnt back down from tories, but it seems she's shit scared of breeders who cannae find baby sitters for their weans between 8 till 5 monday to friday.

I'm not really interested in your thoughts on Covid, but I take it you're a Doug Stanhope fan? Few of my mates saw him at the Fringe, I never went which I regret. 

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Like c***s going to the shops with their wife when the R rate was through the roof and 1000 folk a day were dying in the UK? 

"Everyone is an "idiot" or "scum" when they break the rules except me" - every boomer on This Forum

Sat in his car while his wife did the shopping. Bit hysterical m8.

Talking of aggression and stigma about Covid, here’s a story from Australia about a family considering leaving their home as they inadvertently sent one of their children to school when they had Covid.

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/12809006?__twitter_impression=true

Obviously people being selfish or reckless should be dealt with but people need to have a bit of understanding. The rules can be confusing and things do change. As that article says wearing masks was taboo back when the R number was 6 and numerous public health officials went on television to say so in this country. Now you have o wear them everywhere and, as per the post earlier today, you are likely to be aggressively challenged by strangers if you don’t.

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Talking of aggression and stigma about Covid, here’s a story from Australia about a family considering leaving their home as they inadvertently sent one of their children to school when they had Covid.

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/12809006?__twitter_impression=true

Obviously people being selfish or reckless should be dealt with but people need to have a bit of understanding. The rules can be confusing and things do change. As that article says wearing masks was taboo back when the R number was 6 and numerous public health officials went on television to say so in this country. Now you have o wear them everywhere and, as per the post earlier today, you are likely to be aggressively challenged by strangers if you don’t.

There are issues with this here too. A pupil at my boys' primary school has tested positive, everyone at his group has been told to SI for 2 weeks and any close contacts (ie pals) have been contacted and told the same. 

The unofficial school fb group is going mental, people demanding to know who it is etc. Absolute NAP that if they find out, they'll be trawling social media to see if these people have been away for a nice day out or anything. 

Even my wife doesn't really get why the achool can't announce names etc and she works in the nhs. 

There are issues with this here too. A pupil at my boys' primary school has tested positive, everyone at his group has been told to SI for 2 weeks and any close contacts (ie pals) have been contacted and told the same. 
The unofficial school fb group is going mental, people demanding to know who it is etc. Absolute NAP that if they find out, they'll be trawling social media to see if these people have been away for a nice day out or anything. 
Even my wife doesn't really get why the achool can't announce names etc and she works in the nhs. 

I know that’s happened in schools near me as well.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I am very pro mask but being aggressive towards people who aren’t wearing masks is inexcusable. One in five people in the U.K. have some form of respiratory illness, these can often make wearing masks difficult. I’ve seen some people unmasked who clearly had mental health problems as well.

There are plenty of other restrictions that people find 'difficult' right now: wearing a mask does not actually make breathing a challenge or create a demonstrable in your oxygen supply. The 'ahve got asthma though' brigade are simply trying to get around something that they don't like to do on specious 'medical grounds'. 

If people don't want to wear them they always have the alternative choice of not going to the well advertised indoor spaces in which they are compulsory. Those should be the only two options on the table here and the fact that the UK as ever allows 1700 loopholes and exemptions - including the absolute joke of school classrooms being magically protected spaces - exemplifies the attitude that has led its governments to make a royal c**t of it twice already.

Edited by vikingTON

1 minute ago, virginton said:

There are plenty of other restrictions that people find 'difficult' right now: wearing a mask does not actually make breathing a challenge or create a demonstrable in your oxygen supply. The 'ahve got asthma though' brigade are simply trying to get around something that they don't like to do on specious 'medical grounds'. 

If people don't want to wear them they always have the alternative choice of not going to the well advertised indoor spaces in which they are compulsory. Those should be the only two options on the table here and the fact that the UK as ever allows 1700 loopholes and exemptions - including the absolute joke of school classrooms being magically exempt - exemplifies the attitude that has led its governments to make a royal c**t of it twice already.

Had a Facebook mum boasting to me earlier in the pandemic that she is lucky to have asthma so won't need to wear a mask. Same with her child. Fucking fandan

Had a Facebook mum boasting to me earlier in the pandemic that she is lucky to have asthma so won't need to wear a mask. Same with her child. Fucking fandan

I’ve got asthma, I still wear a masks.

If people don't want to wear them they always have the alternative choice of not going to the well advertised indoor spaces in which they are compulsory.

I couldn’t agree more with this bit

Equally if the person has such deep seated breathing issues, they probably shouldn’t be put themselves at risk in public spaces as they are the most likely to be seriously affected.

I remember reading that vaccines usually take about 3 years to be developed and that's where my head is at. I expect a vaccine on the shelves 3 years from now. Any earlier is a bonus.

Do agree that three years is a reasonable timescale for all restrictions to be lifted.
Psychological effects will last a long longer though. A lot of people’s attitudes have certainly changed forever. Old friend of mine who’s be going to the football for over 50 years says he will never be back as the thought of large crowds gives him the boak.
Will be interesting to see what attendance numbers are for sporting events and concerts after restrictions are lifted compared to before.

I see Leitch has already said that central belt will be tier three on 2nd November - essentially a continuation of where we already are. Not that that what he says ever seems to come to pass mind. If he told me grass was green I'd still go outside to check.

I'm definitely feeling hacked off with everything, and (anecdotally) I think theres a general growing frustration with the prospect of lockdown, release and repeat from now on. I wonder how much longer public support for these measures will last, and what will governments do if that tide of opinion changes.