Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The "Tory heartlands" (i.e. the South) isn't anywhere near the level of cases that the North of England is. Another utter, utter failure of Johnson there - implemented a regional system and systematically abandons it when it isn't a total failure in a large part of England. He could have just done a similar thing to Sturgeon - people will moan about it, but instead instead it's the blanket approach again. 

What he has done is seen what Macron's done and has copied it - once again, a dithering follower and not a leader. 

Also, what is the exit plan to this? It's four weeks but then in March it was only three weeks... What level of cases will he acceptable to roll off? 

Edited by Michael W

30 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

And starve Scottish workers of furlough pay? What would you do?

What? Extending the JRS, from what I heard anyway, was unconditional. How would NS leaving areas in Level 1, and therefore able to trade, be starving them of pay?

I'm sure workers in those areas would rather work and earn 100% of their wages though. I know I would.

Edited by Todd_is_God

The "Tory heartlands" (i.e. the South) isn't anywhere near the level of cases that the North of England is. Another utter, utter failure of Johnson there - implemented a regional system and systematically abandons it when it isn't a total failure in a large part of England. He could have just done a similar thing to Sturgeon - people will moan about it, but instead instead it's the blanket approach again.  What he has done is seen what Macron's done and has copied it - once again, a dithering follower and not a leader. 

Also, what is the exit plan to this? It's four weeks but then in March it was only three weeks... What level of cases will he acceptable to roll off? 

But Christmas . . . seems to be the strategy. 

The man is an utter fucking clown.

Sturgeon has said that they are looking for details on the furlough extension, asking if it’s flexible or if it’s a hard stop at the end of November.

If it’s a hard stop, and I’m sure that’s what she’ll be told, then I can see North and South Lanarkshire and Glasgow being moves fo Tier 4 very soon. Maybe the whole of the Central Belt.

14 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

But Christmas seems to be the strategy.

The man is an utter fucking clown.

I genuinely fear this is it. Boris, the man who saved Christmas. That's the goal; please everyone like him! 

He has fucked it big style. He should've acted sooner in the problems areas and instead he's thrown a blanket measure in place again as overkill to try and hide his failure. An utter, utter c**t. 

Edited by Michael W

23 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

"Allowing business in Level 1 areas to trade instead of forcing them to close would deprive workers of furlough pay" has to be up there with one of the wildest fucking takes in this thread. Hats off to @welshbairn for that clusterfuck of a post tbh.

Eh?

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:
These numbers are unbelievable and surely end any debate about schools being major spreaders of the virus

Can you please use Scottish figures when talking about Scotland.

Edited by Todd_is_God