Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Look on the bright side. As things get worse, the panic buying, the lack of a social life, never mind the thought of actually contracting coronavirus itself.... we’ll still have each other and our witty cheery P&B banter to keep our spirits flying high and our danders well and truly up.... hold on. Fcuking Div has rationed the use of the Kenneth Williams gif.

Edited by pozbaird

Guest bernardblack
The press, though specifically the written press have been a fucking disgrace though this.
The desperate sensationalist click bait headlines are an absolute joke as these irrelevant, outdated, soon to be extinct rags attempt to prolong their worthless existence.
I look forward to the day the likes of the Express etc finally go out of business.  
Anyway back to the grind.

This. They’re to blame for the panic. Scumbags

11 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

FTFY

So long as all the bludgeon marks for breaking quarantine are visible at their funeral, fine with me.

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

I'm actually off on holiday right now, going in to work this afternoon to help out though as we are getting hammered, unlike that person I won't be getting paid ot for it, I am doing it because I want to help. You have zero knowledge of who I am & what I am like as a person so please keep your inverse snobbery & irrational hatred to yourself.

Volunteering to give free additional labour to an unfeeling multinational corporate giant is OFTW behaviour. Rest assured that they will not give a jot about what you think is a noble sacrifice, so either claim overtime or let them hire extra staff to deal with demand instead.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yesterday’s financial aid announcement has done nothing to quell the stock market; still in free fall.

Be plenty who don't survive long enough to be around to take what is being made available. I think everyone is trying to work out exactly how many that is.

13 hours ago, NotThePars said:

What’s your dystopian/ pandemic movie of choice? I’m thinking Children of Men

Reign of Fire. If I'm gonna go, I want it to be dragons that are my nemesis,  not some jakey cúnt who couldn't stay out of the pub for a couple of weeks .

12 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

This. They’re to blame for the panic. Scumbags

The panic, if we’re talking about what started with the bog roll and hand sanitiser idiots, would have happened anyway. If the press had behaved impeccably or not. As soon as people saw what was happening in Italy, it started. The moment the first shop here saw its bog roll stock disappear, someone would have texted a mate - ‘Tesco just ran our of bog roll’... then you know the way it goes. The spread of coronavirus itself is nothing compared to the spread of panic buying perpetrated by wankers. Once the wankers have gorged on lavvy roll and pasta, then the more sane members of society go in to do a normal shop, and if they see lavvy roll, they start buying it too, even though they don’t really need it yet. If they don’t, the locusts will just buy it. The cycle then spins more and more out of control. The press aren’t helping, but the locust wankers would have behaved exactly as they have done anyway, at the first sign of the news from Northern Italy.

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

As long as supply lines generally keep up the hoarders will be fucked. Will I pay some no mark eBay predator a ridiculous price plus delivery which may take a couple of days, or will I just try a few different shops or wait until the morning when the shops have more stuff in?

Will have no sympathy for the few of the greedy p***ks that end up with financial problems as their 'hustle' collapses on its arse.

Don't know if anyone else has noticed something similar, however our local Tesco basically serves three small towns and living in the area you generally know most people if not personally certainly to see, however over recent days I've noticed lots and lots of strange faces so I reckon there's people literally travelling around to bulk / panic buy at various stores outwith their local area.

Not surprisingly our Tesco is empty like most others but all the local shops which are placed in the middle of schemes etc (which only locals would know about) have everything that Tesco doesn't, such as Paracetamol, Toilet Rolls, Kitchen Rolls etc.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed something similar in their own area ?

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

The panic, if we’re talking about what started with the bog roll and hand sanitiser idiots, would have happened anyway. If the press had behaved impeccably or not. As soon as people saw what was happening in Italy, it started. The moment the first shop here saw its bog roll stock disappear, someone would have texted a mate - ‘Tesco just ran our of bog roll’... then you know the way it goes. The spread of coronavirus itself is nothing compared to the spread of panic buying perpetrated by wankers. Once the wankers have gorged on lavvy roll and pasta, then the more sane members of society go in to do a normal shop, and if they see lavvy roll, they start buying it too, even though they don’t really need it yet. If they don’t, the locusts will just buy it. The cycle then spins more and more out of control. The press aren’t helping, but the locust wankers would have behaved exactly as they have done anyway, at the first sign of the news from Northern Italy.

I'm astonished the panic buying of petrol hasn't begun yet.

Tragic as it is there must be some positive unintended consequences of this clusterfuck.

Global Warming - flights being grounded all over the world will surely help in this respect.

Society - big assumptions here but surely families spending a bit more time together has to be a positive.

Global trade - hopefully out of this might come some sort of rationalisation of the supply chains. Do we really need chicken from Thailand because it’s cheaper?

Community - plenty of example of people doing their best to help others out where possible. Again surely a positive if this can be continued.

World Relations - perhaps having a ‘common enemy’ might actually galvanise countries to realise that we all to compromise.

Finally while not a positive really, I’m glad that this doesn’t really discriminate on wealth. The rich can’t f**k off to the Seychelles until this blows over.

Probably all go back to normal soon after but you have to hope..,

28 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

The press, though specifically the written press have been a fucking disgrace though this.

Depends what you read. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/17/there-is-a-policy-of-surrender-doctor-on-uks-covid-19-failures

Where is the ****ing testing ?

Edited by beefybake