Coronavirus (COVID-19)

26 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

To try to combat anti-vax propaganda that might influence stupid people?

26 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

It will be to encourage the mouth breathers who live on Facebook and watch pish reality TV that the vaccine is safe.

In their tiny minds if some no mark celeb is getting it then it will be safe for them and wee Jaxon plus all their scheme goblin keeck pals.

I would agree but we aren't reaching the nutters yet, I doubt the anti Vax movement is strong in the Health and Social care sector or in care home residents.

A graphic way of convincing people it's safe would be to get Youtube and Instagram influencers to take it live on screen, but in a double blind test, half of them get the vaccine, half get cyanide. Only the audience know!

1 hour ago, 101 said:

I would agree but we aren't reaching the nutters yet, I doubt the anti Vax movement is strong in the Health and Social care sector or in care home residents.

It would be fantastic if Covid only affected the deniers and nut job element.  In fact if it did I’d be cheering it on.

Not really a response to your post but I just felt like saying it.

Absolutely mental news that Falkirk Council are getting the actual pupils to fill in logs of every pupil they've been in 'close contact' with for every period, lunch, break, school bus and socially outwith school.

Because we all know that children (teenagers especially) always tell the truth and don't tell white lies all the time about where they've been and who they've been with.

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

Absolutely mental news that Falkirk Council are getting the actual pupils to fill in logs of every pupil they've been in 'close contact' with for every period, lunch, break, school bus and socially outwith school.

Because we all know that children (teenagers especially) always tell the truth and don't tell white lies all the time about where they've been and who they've been with.

Also assumes that they know the names of every single kid they sit beside in every single class. Seems an absolutely ludicrous idea.

2 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Also assumes that they know the names of every single kid they sit beside in every single class. Seems an absolutely ludicrous idea.

It's because normally we as teachers would be expected to provide these logs, even at the weekends, but they've realised their batshit mental decision to have kids in school up until the 23rd December two days before aaaaaalllll the family are round for five days would mean we'd need to be doing this at Christmas, which isn't going to happen.

Edited by Gaz

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

It's because normally we as teachers would be expected to provide these logs, even at the weekends, but they've realised their batshit mental decision to have kids in school up until the 23rd December two days before aaaaaalllll the family are round for five days would mean we'd need to be doing this at Christmas, which isn't going to happen.

And, it doesn't matter anymore cause everything's fucked now already

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Am I misreading it or is she denying the Holocaust as well? :blink:

When asked about comments referring to “genocide” when discussing corona vaccines, which saw her removed from the Nurses Roar nursing chat group with 34,000 members, she again defended her views.

She said: “What I was meaning was that nurses were fooled in the war, through the Holocaust, into giving people medication.

5 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Am I misreading it or is she denying the Holocaust as well? :blink:

When asked about comments referring to “genocide” when discussing corona vaccines, which saw her removed from the Nurses Roar nursing chat group with 34,000 members, she again defended her views.

She said: “What I was meaning was that nurses were fooled in the war, through the Holocaust, into giving people medication.

It's not quite full-blown denial. There are quite a few layers of Holocaust Denial. The extreme is (of course) denying it ever happened. But there's also people who acknowledge that it did happen but claim that it happened without the knowledge of 'regular' German people and soldiers, and that only a few people at the top of the Nazi Party knew about it. So that nurses believed they were giving medication, soldiers believed that prisoners were treated well (and only died of natural causes).

Of course it's a lot of shite, because the Holocaust was allowed to happen because so many 'regular' German people and soldiers actively embraced it and allowed it to happen.

3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

It's not quite full-blown denial. There are quite a few layers of Holocaust Denial. The extreme is (of course) denying it ever happened. But there's also people who acknowledge that it did happen but claim that it happened without the knowledge of 'regular' German people and soldiers, and that only a few people at the top of the Nazi Party knew about it. So that nurses believed they were giving medication, soldiers believed that prisoners were treated well (and only died of natural causes).

Of course it's a lot of shite, because the Holocaust was allowed to happen because so many 'regular' German people and soldiers actively embraced it and allowed it to happen.

Read Hans fallada alone in Berlin, and you might understand the kind of persecution the average German was under as well

36 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Great to see Falkirk Council taking the initiative and showing faith in the honesty of our young people.

Good, properly brought up children like all the denizens of Falkirk can be trusted not to be mendacious ever.

I for one salute Falkirk Council who yet again are leading the way.

Exactly, have you seen the Falkirk thread? They are so well run, I'd put them in charge of the pandemic.

19 hours ago, Stinky Bone said:

I agree with your point about shop workers not asking customers to wear masks.  A few months ago, a friend of mine got a ticking off for asking customers to wear a mask.  Apparently not for the shop staff to police it, and was told to shut the f**k up basically.  Now at Christmas time, the well known high street newsagent that my friend works for has decided to ignore the maximum numbers of people allowed into the store, not to mention cleaning rotas and social distancing.  

In response to your part about "workies".  Although I am not in any way condoning their behaviour you must realise that the government has effectively chosen to ignore THEIR safety.  Many workies, or construction workers only get paid SSP if they have to isolate and this is not enough to pay the bills.  Where is the 80% payment for them?  For those workies it would be great having an employer that had a company sick pay scheme, but most don't have that luxury.  I know someone that has came into work in with symptoms because they can't afford to take the time off.  

What was he supposed to do?

Wear a mask in shops?