Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Going to sound like philpy here, but that’s not my intention. Getting a takeaway for lunch, and two groups of 6 teenagers have just been sat down for lunch. It’s definitely a bit grating knowing you can barely wipe your arse at the moment, but that nearly adult age teenagers seem to be allowed to do that.

To be fair maybe they aren’t and the restaurant is breaking rules.

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I assume by proper you mean competently ran?

I wouldn't necessarily call NHS Highland competent after several sagas at Raigmore in recent years indicating to the contrary, but they seem to be handling what would look to be the simple task of prioritising who gets the jag first based on need rather than being mates with the right person.

An interesting, or depressing which way you look at it, stat from a poll of 1200 Pars fans about conditions before being, hypothetically, allowed in to the football. 66% said they would be willing to get vaccinated. I know it isn't a massive sample, or the be all and end all, but that is seriously fucking sad that there are still a large amount of people out there thinking this vaccine is anything other than a scientific marvel. Fucking loonies.

https://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Survey_Results_–_Fans_Returning_to_Football&ID=12749

I'd imagine some fast track management trainee just emailed a spreadsheet round telling people to book their own slot. People sitting at their desks would be able to book straightaway, whereas clinical and care staff might have had to finish inserting tubes and the like first. 

I don't think people appreciate quite how important estates management is to the current crisis. You'd all be complaining if all the lighbulbs went and weren't replaced. 

I'd imagine some fast track management trainee just emailed a spreadsheet round telling people to book their own slot. People sitting at their desks would be able to book straightaway, whereas clinical and care staff might have had to finish inserting tubes and the like first. 
I don't think people appreciate quite how important estates management is to the current crisis. You'd all be complaining if all the lighbulbs went and weren't replaced. 
Who said that

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
9 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Who said that

Haters

7 minutes ago, coprolite said:

We'd still be waiting for the risk assessment to be carried out, competitive tender bids invited and liability insurance arranged for any ladder related potential  accidents for the first bulb to be changed.

Just now, welshbairn said:

We'd still be waiting for the risk assessment to be carried out, competitive tender bids invited and liability insurance arranged for any ladder related potential  accidents for the first bulb to be changed.

At my former employer in the public sector, our contract rate with facilities to replace a bulb was £60. I don't know if that included the bulb. 

40 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

:lol:

That makes it alright that early supplies of the vaccine have gone to the wrong people then

Either you haven't got the nuance of my post, or you haven't read my subsequent posts. If either one were true, you'd realise you've commented on a 180' interpretation of my meaning.

Not to worry.

6 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Yes this pandemic has been a financial godsend for your average joe with 2.5 kids. Again planet zog stuff. It's been a godsend for your 10k holiday in Florida every year types and your holiday home in Spain folks plus your Jacob Rees Moggs. It has most certainly not been for your factory worker, your bin man or your cleaner. 

If your factory carried on through the lockdown, you were laughing and even if you didn't you got a furlough to do f**k all. The pandemic has wiped out the bulk of discretionary spending on leisure, hospitality, travel etc. since March which is why savings have shot up across a broad section of society.

It might be a good Scottish faux-leftist take to insist that the vast majority of the guid honest folk haven't inadvertently benefited financially from the pandemic but it's simply not true. 

3 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Can you not for once pause in your self-agrandissement and think?

In our beautiful modern society, families for the most part need two incomes. Unpaid leave is absolutely no fucking good to these parents, unless you suggest they should eat their kids? Schools are a significant part of the plan*, and with this lovely virus, the normal fallback of grandparents has largely been taken out of the picture.

You know who else needs an income? The hundreds of thousands who have been tossed on the scrapheap as a result of a failed pandemic response leading to the collapse of entire sectors of the economy. It's strange how we don't get this blubbering as folk get punted from retail jobs onto Universal Credit and get told that £80 is their lot for the week. 

The idea that parents cannot possibly be expected to take some unpaid leave over the year - in the absence of paid leave, furlough and about 17 other options beforehand - is just ridiculous special pleading in that context. 

Edited by vikingTON

57 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

if this year has taught us anything at all it's that it's every man for himself during an emergency

Not really. In terms of Scotland as a country the worst we’ve had to deal with is toilet paper horders and a bit of fly tipping. Maybe a bit of pasta and tinned tomato hording. 

Society hasn’t fallen apart. People have mainly looked out for friends and family, donated to food banks and the likes and generally obeyed the guidance.

Edited by Scary Bear

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

If your factory carried on through the lockdown, you were laughing and even if you didn't you got a furlough to do f**k all. The pandemic has wiped out the bulk of discretionary spending on leisure, hospitality, travel etc. since March which is why savings have shot up across a broad section of society.

It might be good Scottish faux-leftist take to insist that the vast majority of the guid honest folk haven't inadvertently benefited financially from the pandemic but it's simply not true. 

You know who else needs an income? The hundreds of thousands who have been tossed on the scrapheap as a result of a failed pandemic response leading to the collapse of entire sectors of the economy. It's strange how we don't get this blubbering when as folk get punted from retail jobs onto Universal Credit and get told that £80 is their lot for the week. 

The idea that parents cannot possibly be expected to take some unpaid leave over the year - in the absence of paid leave, furlough and about 17 other options beforehand - is just ridiculous special pleading in that context. 

I just can't make up mind here. Im kinda stuck between

a. The Sage of Inverclyde is infertile and jealous, or

b. "She turned the weans against us!".

There's some serious psycho-shit coming out now, and he's not coming back to ground after yesterday's flight of fancy.

9 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I just can't make up mind here. Im kinda stuck between

a. The Sage of Inverclyde is infertile and jealous, or

b. "She turned the weans against us!".

There's some serious psycho-shit coming out now, and he's not coming back to ground after yesterday's flight of fancy.

Too far