Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Yes this pandemic has been a financial godsend for your average joe with 2.5 kids. Again planet zog stuff. It's been a godsend for your 10k holiday in Florida every year types and your holiday home in Spain folks plus your Jacob Rees Moggs. It has most certainly not been for your factory worker, your bin man or your cleaner. 

If your factory carried on through the lockdown, you were laughing and even if you didn't you got a furlough to do f**k all. The pandemic has wiped out the bulk of discretionary spending on leisure, hospitality, travel etc. since March which is why savings have shot up across a broad section of society.

It might be a good Scottish faux-leftist take to insist that the vast majority of the guid honest folk haven't inadvertently benefited financially from the pandemic but it's simply not true. 

3 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Can you not for once pause in your self-agrandissement and think?

In our beautiful modern society, families for the most part need two incomes. Unpaid leave is absolutely no fucking good to these parents, unless you suggest they should eat their kids? Schools are a significant part of the plan*, and with this lovely virus, the normal fallback of grandparents has largely been taken out of the picture.

You know who else needs an income? The hundreds of thousands who have been tossed on the scrapheap as a result of a failed pandemic response leading to the collapse of entire sectors of the economy. It's strange how we don't get this blubbering as folk get punted from retail jobs onto Universal Credit and get told that £80 is their lot for the week. 

The idea that parents cannot possibly be expected to take some unpaid leave over the year - in the absence of paid leave, furlough and about 17 other options beforehand - is just ridiculous special pleading in that context. 

Edited by vikingTON

57 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

if this year has taught us anything at all it's that it's every man for himself during an emergency

Not really. In terms of Scotland as a country the worst we’ve had to deal with is toilet paper horders and a bit of fly tipping. Maybe a bit of pasta and tinned tomato hording. 

Society hasn’t fallen apart. People have mainly looked out for friends and family, donated to food banks and the likes and generally obeyed the guidance.

Edited by Scary Bear

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

If your factory carried on through the lockdown, you were laughing and even if you didn't you got a furlough to do f**k all. The pandemic has wiped out the bulk of discretionary spending on leisure, hospitality, travel etc. since March which is why savings have shot up across a broad section of society.

It might be good Scottish faux-leftist take to insist that the vast majority of the guid honest folk haven't inadvertently benefited financially from the pandemic but it's simply not true. 

You know who else needs an income? The hundreds of thousands who have been tossed on the scrapheap as a result of a failed pandemic response leading to the collapse of entire sectors of the economy. It's strange how we don't get this blubbering when as folk get punted from retail jobs onto Universal Credit and get told that £80 is their lot for the week. 

The idea that parents cannot possibly be expected to take some unpaid leave over the year - in the absence of paid leave, furlough and about 17 other options beforehand - is just ridiculous special pleading in that context. 

I just can't make up mind here. Im kinda stuck between

a. The Sage of Inverclyde is infertile and jealous, or

b. "She turned the weans against us!".

There's some serious psycho-shit coming out now, and he's not coming back to ground after yesterday's flight of fancy.

9 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

There's some serious psycho-shit coming out now, and he's not coming back to ground after yesterday's flight of fancy.

Too far

Just now, coprolite said:

Too far

After the vitriol he pours on anyone with a different opinion? There's some serious issues in that boy's head.

I surely can't be the only one to notice that it's "parents" he has an issue with. A frequently completely illogical issue.

Honestly, I think he'd do his mental health no harm taking a wee break. I've always found the boy to be a reasonably harmless figure of fun, but he's throwing out some weird shit recently, culminating in yesterday's shitfest.

2 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

After the vitriol he pours on anyone with a different opinion? There's some serious issues in that boy's head.

I surely can't be the only one to notice that it's "parents" he has an issue with. A frequently completely illogical issue.

Honestly, I think he'd do his mental health no harm taking a wee break. I've always found the boy to be a reasonably harmless figure of fun, but he's throwing out some weird shit recently, culminating in yesterday's shitfest.

A man with your understanding of the justice system must know that two wrongs don't make a right? 

Just seemed a bit personal to me. But it's only my opinion, i'm no Jeremy Kyle. 

"Schools to remain open is tthe top priorty" has been mentioned in todays briefing according to twitter
Rage away
My eldest has her place confirmed due to being a key worker heavy household. Just waiting in the young one getting confirmed.

Feel free to draw your own conclusions about whether I think it's what's best for my kids, or whether I simply cannot be fucked looking after them.

18 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

It seems like he’s got you so wound up that you’ve gone for a fairly horrible personal comment (that hopefully isn’t the case or it would be really bad) to try to really hurt him. I think if anyone needs a break it isn’t him tbh.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

My eldest has her place confirmed due to being a key worker heavy household. Just waiting in the young one getting confirmed.

Feel free to draw your own conclusions about whether I think it's what's best for my kids, or whether I simply cannot be fucked looking after them.

It surely must be proven beyond all reasonable doubt that it is only a small minority of parents that view schools as a free creche because they can't be bothered to look after children themselves, even more so since there's literally nothing else they could be doing right now except going to work or the supermarket.  there is no way that the government is acting on pressure from people like that. can everyone please stop debating the issue with pie and bovrils poor mans answer to Adrian Durham

21 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Not exactly a massive fan of VT’s views on a lot of the covid stuff or whatever but you’re bang out of order with that one man. 

40 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Would imagine it could be you who is taking some time out after this post tbh

23 hours ago, superbigal said:

Suppose it is kinda worhwhile doing a daily update just now and hand picking out a few councils.  figures are sharp today. I assume the Public sector is heading off for Xmas a little early.  Before you think I am taking the piss they have just posted no updates 25th-28th Dec or 1st-4th January. Clearly holidays are more important than our public health !!!!!

Overall cases per 100K  for 7 days 12th Dec to 18th Dec the figure is 116.1  Today for 13th dec to 19th Dec it is 118.1 or a 1 day rise of 1.72%

Aberdeen City Tier 3   166.6 to 171.9    Still on a doomsday path

East Lothian   Tier 3   172.8 to 180.2    Still mutant behaviour. All in Prestonpanns and Tranent

North Ayrshire  Tier 3  205.6 to 201.9      Cesspit of scotland currently.  Saltcoats & kilwinning mainly. 

Perth & Kinross Tier 3    144.1 to 147.4   What has got into the Farmers. Also is Skiing contagious (Glenshee high) ?

Scottish Border now 103.4  Good reason for Polis patrols

Edited by superbigal

24 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

There's a difference between "you are unnecessarily rude" and "lol you cannae have kids" though isnt there.

Yeah, fair enough.

23 minutes ago, coprolite said:

A man with your understanding of the justice system must know that two wrongs don't make a right? 

Just seemed a bit personal to me. But it's only my opinion, i'm no Jeremy Kyle. 

Also fair.

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Not exactly a massive fan of VT’s views on a lot of the covid stuff or whatever but you’re bang out of order with that one man. 

and again.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Ive no skin in the game as i dont have any children...but i am finding the rage against schools being open pretty tedious and i basically just skip it all

I dont really care but i would bet those raging that schools are open will  have no kids themselves or if they are that angry would surely be keeping them at home