Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, NotThePars said:

Don't they usually make the prelims harder than the final exams or did we all just genuinely make a substantial improvement in 4 months?

No, it's a myth. What happens is pupils work harder, so by the time the real exam comes they are better, and find it easier than they did the prelim.

22 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Picked up what I reckon is a cold but, with having an underlying condition, I'm now self isolating for 14 days. Let's see what this daytime TV I keep hearing of is all about.

Here's a tip (if you need it) On the commercial channels, record everything you want to watch, then you can whiz through not only the adverts but also the opening credits,

'coming up'  , 'last time' . 

That way you can cram in even more vaccous shite.   I speak with the voice of experience.  

Here's a sad fact. I have a machine capable of recording 8 simultaneous transmissions.  Never used fully except for testing purposes I hasten to add.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:
1 hour ago, WATTOO said:
This is when the Unions such as USDAW, & the GMB should be making demands regarding basic  pay and terms and conditions for their minimum wage and zero hours workers, many of whom will be expected to keep the country operating at great personal risk and also that of their families. They'll also be subject to abuse, both verbal and possibly even physical.
For decades they've been screwed over, but things have suddenly changed and the "lowly" supermarket check out girl or the "expendable" delivery driver or the "invisible" shelf stacker and warehouse worker are now the people that society in general are relying on to keep them alive.
Is that worth more than £8.21 per hour do you think ???
I'd say so.

12 weeks off if you have an underlying illness. Full pay but 2 weeks of them you need to use as part of holiday entitlement

New slogan should be "Very Little Help".

Since everyone enjoys MixuFixut's tales of dealing with his parents

Maw Sanchez goes to Granny Sanchez's on a Thursday to do some cleaning and take stuff in. She went this morning. She went back round in the afternoon and has just phoned me from there. There's no Granny Sanchez, but there are potatoes and a fresh loaf from Asda. I might wander round and solder the door shut once she's back.

16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I've had two separate people text me saying "my pal in work has a friend in Parliament..." and they go onto say we'll be in full lockdown, nationwide, by tomorrow morning. When pointed out that their pal is talking shite they've then forwarded me on a WhatsApp group message that says "I know a guy who works in Parliament...". Ah well then, if it's been communicated through WhatsApp to wee Jimmy who works in Argos then I suppose it's only a matter of time before Boris addresses the nation.

Why do we breed such gullible idiots? 

Similar one about no food in the shops from next Friday going around. 

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

Similar one about no food in the shops from next Friday going around. 

Time to see if the old fishing rod is still out in the garage and also hope against hope that there's still Brown Trout in the burn.

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

Farms looking for workers...👩‍🌾

How about no you Brexit voting red-necks?

👩‍🌾🤷‍♂️

Ha Ha! God works in mysterious ways.     

Oh all right then, circumstances often change in ways no-one could have forseen.

Get your hands dirty and put your backs into it, you brexit thickos.

19 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I didn't realise until yesterday that prelim results were no longer used in the event the final exam couldn't be sat?

Why do they still do them then?!

FWIW, my brother once asked me what the point of going back to school was after he had sat his final prelim.  He genuinely thought that they were the proper exams and that 'prelim' was just another name for Standard Grades.

My mum also once asked me "do you not have prelims around about now?", to which my (honest) answer was "we've already had them". 

38 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
46 minutes ago, The Naitch said:
Picked up what I reckon is a cold but, with having an underlying condition, I'm now self isolating for 14 days. Let's see what this daytime TV I keep hearing of is all about.

Prepare to be crushingly disappointed.

I've already given up on it. Thank f**k for box sets.

36 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Depends how high her expectations are.

Reported for misgendering.

31 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
46 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

A place in the sun is educational.

My mum has that on a constant loop. I do enjoy laughing at all the middle aged gammons trying to buy houses in Spain that inevitably voted for Brexit.

21 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

She really is an awful, awful person.

12 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Farms looking for workers...👩‍🌾

How about no you Brexit voting red-necks?

👩‍🌾🤷‍♂️

"help feed the nation" made it sound rather concerning until I read down and realised they're talking about soft fruits.

How society will survive without strawberries, raspberries and gooseberries is anybody's guess.

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

"help feed the nation" made it sound rather concerning until I read down and realised they're talking about soft fruits.

How society will survive without strawberries, raspberries and gooseberries is anybody's guess.

Wonderfully well, I should imagine.

11 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Well, it's not going to be berry good.

Bishopbriggs Retail Park was very close to normal today. Nike store shut, as all Nike stores are. Normal service in Tim Hortons, I enjoyed a normal lunch experience, unlike my battle with Dobbies to do me a roll on link sausage earlier this week! Costa serving takeway only. Iceland normal, M&S normal, aside from the now usual scenario involving mince, pasta, and bog roll. No panic, just normal shoppers doing normal shopping. Only fly in today’s ointment was an absolute cnut of a twenty-something lassie in her cunty Vauxhall Corsa, flying at 100mph the wrong way up one of the car park spur roads. One-way arrows clearly painted, came straight towards me through the no entry signs at her end of the spur, brakes slammed on, as she flies into a parking space with her window wound down, and utterly shite dance music blaring out of the open window. Fcuking boot. I had a word. Enough said. Let’s now get on with the more important things.

Edited by pozbaird

11 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Bishopbriggs Retail Park was very close to normal today. Nike store shut, as all Nike stores are. Normal service in Tim Hortons, I enjoyed a normal lunch experience, unlike my battle with Dobbies to do me a roll on link sausage earlier this week! Costa serving takeway only. Iceland normal, M&S normal, aside from the now usual scenario involving mince, pasta, and bog roll. No panic, just normal shoppers doing normal shopping. Only fly in today’s ointment was an absolute cnut of a twenty-something lassie in her cunty Vauxhall Corsa, flying at 100mph the wrong way up one of the car park spur roads. One-way arrows clearly painted, came straight towards me through the no entry signs at her end of the spur, brakes slammed on, as she flies into a parking space with her window wound down, and utterly shite dance music blaring out of the open window. Fcuking boot. I had a word. Enough said. Let’s now get on with the more important things.

Good for you - scum, sub human scum. (Her, not you.)