Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Guest Moomintroll
Awaiting a phone call where I expect to be made redundant. [emoji119]

A 28 year-old living with his parents? Tragic but likely.
Short term I know but every supermarket going are desperate for staff, probably only last a month or 2 I know but as long as you have a pulse and don't cough you will get in somewhere while you try and sort something more permanent out

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
28 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:
Good for you - scum, sub human scum. (Her, not you.)

Oh I don't know about that, he did want a roll ON link sausage after all.

I was prepared to overlook that, but now that you mention it Image result for down with that sort of thing father ted

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:
27 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:
Good for you - scum, sub human scum. (Her, not you.)

Oh I don't know about that, he did want a roll ON link sausage after all.

How's work going?  Are your team all hyped that you've martyred them while you're meant to be on holiday?  Getting images of people stacking the shelves humming the Rocky soundtrack.

17 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Can I ask what shops you go to?

I can tell you from a Tesco point of you we are missing many lines ( couple of thousand this morning)
Asda seems to be the same way here.

Cant answer for rest , but be good to share where you are going so others on the forum can get what is needed.

I was in Sainsbury's at Great Western Retail Park on Saturday, Tesco Express and Iceland on Byres Road on Monday and Morrisons in Anniesland this morning. All of them were out of pasta and toilet roll (and presumably sanitiser and the like, though I didn't look), and were quite limited on rice. I don't eat meat so I have no idea how that was doing. In each place the queues were a bit busier than usual but I was done in 5 minutes at most.

We are similar. The times you are logged in on Skype for Business will be compared against hours booked on weekly timesheets.  Also warned about streaming music/movies through the work computer while its sitting in my house
*Cough* mousejiggler *cough*

Budget airline EasyJet has asked pilots and cabin crew to agree to sweeping changes in their terms and conditions, as part of its response to coronavirus.

Among the proposed changes are a freeze on planned pay rises and a requirement to take three months of unpaid leave.

The airline would also no longer provide food for crew during their shifts, only water.

People close to the talks said the proposals went down very badly, particularly among pilots.

However, there remains a willingness to make concessions in order to avoid redundancies.

Further talks between EasyJet and unions representing pilots and cabin crew are expected today.

Meanwhile, EasyJet's chief executive Johan Lundgren has defended the payment of £170m in dividends to shareholders, at a time when the company is seeking financial help from the government.

You couldn't write this !!!

Edited by WATTOO

3 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Just saw a guy with all his army gear on a back pack heading towards Glasgow University. I guess they’ll be using cadets and the army reserve to flesh out the 20,000 mooted for the London lockdown? 

Cadets will get torn to pieces down there😆

13 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:
  • The death toll in the UK is now 137, which includes the first fatality in Northern Ireland, and the sixth in Scotland.
  • 128 people have died in England after being diagnosed with the virus, an increase of 29 since yesterday.
  •  
  •  

Poor old Wales, forgotten about as usual. They must have 2 deaths going by the UK total.

Guest Moomintroll
How's work going?  Are your team all hyped that you've martyred them while you're meant to be on holiday?  Getting images of people stacking the shelves humming the Rocky soundtrack.
Wish we had something to stack the bloody shelves with, why do people keep thinking I've got the virus? Morale all good even though people are selfish arseholes, quite ridiculous but we have had to bring a Security Guard in to "calm down" the more unreasonably irate fuckers, most of whom I've never actually saw in the Store before.

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Meanwhile, EasyJet's chief executive Johan Lundgren has defended the payment of £170m in dividends to shareholders, at a time when the company is seeking financial help from the government.

Waiting for companies to start cancelling their dividends left right and centre. I don't see how they can justify it now if, as seems likely, so many ask for handouts. Will likely mean significant changes to the jobs done by some folk I work with.

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Budget airline EasyJet has asked pilots and cabin crew to agree to sweeping changes in their terms and conditions, as part of its response to coronavirus.

Among the proposed changes are a freeze on planned pay rises and a requirement to take three months of unpaid leave.

The airline would also no longer provide food for crew during their shifts, only water.

People close to the talks said the proposals went down very badly, particularly among pilots.

However, there remains a willingness to make concessions in order to avoid redundancies.

Further talks between EasyJet and unions representing pilots and cabin crew are expected today.

You couldn't write this !!!

The food on EasyJet is pure crap.

The pilots should be mightily relieved if it's now no longer available for them.

28 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

NHS saying it can be up to 14 days 🤷‍♂️

Doesn't mean you can be infectious for 14 days before symptoms show, you might have the virus but it won't spread until shortly before getting the cough/temperature. Can't find the quote about one day being the max though. Think I might have mixed up the Imperial College guy with another interviewee on the Today programme.

Edited by welshbairn

5 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Waiting for companies to start cancelling their dividends left right and centre. I don't see how they can justify it now if, as seems likely, so many ask for handouts. Will likely mean significant changes to the jobs done by some folk I work with.

Yes, you can't have a capitalist system where you only reap benefits and any risk is picked up by the tax payer, granted we have indeed had this for the past 30 years or so, however I think the straw that breaks the camels back won't be long in coming.

I was in Sainsbury's at Great Western Retail Park on Saturday, Tesco Express and Iceland on Byres Road on Monday and Morrisons in Anniesland this morning. All of them were out of pasta and toilet roll (and presumably sanitiser and the like, though I didn't look), and were quite limited on rice. I don't eat meat so I have no idea how that was doing. In each place the queues were a bit busier than usual but I was done in 5 minutes at most.

I presume you were buying just for yourself ?
Tinned food was fine? I mean the staff are still their so we should be pushing to keep it steady as we have now pretty much any overtime we like ( takes a virus for this to happen :-( ).
Meat aisle like rest would be fucked.

Sainsbury's I cant answer about . However most big shops are fucked.
Queuing at 6 in morning is just mental behaviour.