Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, bennett said:

The Italians being more honest in their reporting?

Possibly, or possibly the Italian government showed a level of complacency similar to that which the UK government is now showing.

Might be a bit more helpful if you explain how you're going to help employers Boris.
Indeed. A complete waste of time that. He gave us no new information and just repeated the same shite. People don't want stupid attempts at comedy from their leader. Fucking buffoon.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:
Might be a bit more helpful if you explain how you're going to help employers Boris.

Indeed. A complete waste of time that. He gave us no new information and just repeated the same shite. People don't want stupid attempts at comedy from their leader. Fucking buffoon.

Absolutely horrible watching him stand there for several seconds without a clue what to say. Then passing it on to the CMO.

Absolutely horrible watching him stand there for several seconds without a clue what to say. Then passing it on to the CMO.
People need reassurances and he's standing there clueless with a stupid fucking smirk on his face. I'm actually fizzing after that. Think I'll just wait for the bullet points from now on.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Possibly, or possibly the Italian government showed a level of complacency similar to that which the UK government is now showing.

Maybe the Italians are just shite at squashing sombreros.

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

^^^^ ‘Stalin was a c**t but not nearly as bad as Hitler’ type post.

Does this mean Boris is going to liberate Washington?

5 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

If the Queen croaks during this the royalists will be seething that they will be denied a Dianaesque public outpouring of grief

I really don't think they'll be denied we'll just be adding thousands more to the death toll.

10 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Woke up this morning with a sore throat, the shivers and a soaring temperature.

Feel like pure shit.

Update.

Still feel shite and miss Ollie Shaw, but it looks like Tonosilitis or a bacterial throat infection.

16 hours ago, JTS98 said:

I don't think it's about muslims, although the general religious line of still doing something the authorities have defined as dangerous - and which has proved dangerous just two weeks ago -  because you are 'more afraid of God' is clearly a factor. They're not just putting themselves at risk, the last time they did this they ended up spreading the virus very widely and probably will do again. It's a total lack of consideration for others based on religious belief.

It brings to mind the old joke about the devoutly religious person who knocks back various forms of help while stranded at sea and then upon arriving in Heaven asks God why he didn't save him. God answers, 'I sent you a boat, a helicopter, and a ship. What more did you want?'

So, the religious aspect is quite clearly a factor, but I think it's a general lack of seriousness about health and safety in South East Asia in general. Anyone who has lived in this part of the world will have a bunch of stories about driving, cooking, hygiene, workplace safety, fire regulations, you name it.

Just last night the Malaysian PM had to go on tv one day into a controlled movement order to tell the population to do what they're being asked to do because so many people were treating it like a holiday and going out and about visiting and spreading the virus around. Health and safety awareness in the whole region is miles away from what we are used to in Western Europe.

I've definitely seen a lot more comment about mosques than churches.

Since SARS a lot of South East Asian countries have been very firm on disease control - look at Singapore, for instance. And the health minister of Thailand was raging about western tourists not following the guidance.

Are we much better? I took the kids up to the swimming last night (hands washed before going, shower before coming home), the gym was busy and there were dance classes on. 

I imagine that while we're posting pics of mosques, they're posting pics of our supermarket shelves...

11 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Update.

Still feel shite and miss Ollie Shaw, but it looks like Tonosilitis or a bacterial throat infection.

PTTGOYN thread for this pish. You ain't got it, you nobody.

20 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Update.

That's good.

(Well, it's not really, but it's better than Covid-19, I suppose.)

11 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I have an uncomfortable feeling that all the chat about Italy, older population, kissing culture, families living together etc was just a subconscious attempt to rationalise why it won't happen as badly here, when every indication is that it will.

Pretty sure we’ve got a much stronger fingerblasting in public phone boxes culture which worries me somewhat.

A wee bit of levity in the current situation.

My work is fkd, my brother has been sent home from work. Through a contact we managed to get a game of golf at Gleneagles today. (And if you’re wondering what all the footballers are doing at the moment, they’re all there self isolating amongst themselves. I know I know...).

His wee van looked a wee bit out of place in the car park: 

Best caption competition entry we’ve had so far? 

w**k, w**k, Good Guy, w**k 

C809B964-5B70-4886-AFBC-354C1A0C4BC4.jpeg

Absolute fucking scumbag on Hamilton Facebook page asking which pubs are open this weekend, and claiming that until the govt say you shouldn't go out then they will go out. Implying people are out of order for getting stuck into her and having a right good laugh with her mates about getting steamin etc

Boils my fucking pish

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

If you're ever in Aviemore here's where not to stay:

I get that hotels will have a real struggle in the coming weeks but to chuck staff out into the night pretty much is awful