Coronavirus (COVID-19)

52 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Waiting for companies to start cancelling their dividends left right and centre. I don't see how they can justify it now if, as seems likely, so many ask for handouts. Will likely mean significant changes to the jobs done by some folk I work with.

Stock exchange should be suspended too.  It is being manipulated by speculators.

A drop of 35% in share price one day followed by a 25% increase the following day is not a reflection of a company’s performance or worth.  

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Good news for anyone on the dole, no need to sign on for 3 months, no gestapo interrogations, no sanctions.

Source? Not doubting you just sounds almost too good to be true and would like a link to share with a couple of folk i know, dont want to get hopes up too early without trying to confirm

4 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Source? Not doubting you just sounds almost too good to be true and would like a link to share with a couple of folk i know, dont want to get hopes up too early without trying to confirm

Announced on BBC News coronavirus special before Bojo's presser. Will try to find a link, no gestapo or sanctions was my extrapolation, news was just no signing on or visits to the job centre.

Edited by welshbairn

We'll that's Mrs Romeo ready for an apocalyptic lockdown .

Just in from spending £100+ on getting her nails and hair done.

Fucking idiot.
Seems to be a thing, the Mrs was showing me adverts her beautician pals had been putting on Facebook for deals on last minute "Lockdown Makeovers"!

This order of testing kits he is talking about that can test not only if you have Covid, but have had it previously is from the company I work for. 

I heard about it this morning as I am going to be responsible for getting the payment off them. :lol:

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

This order of testing kits he is talking about that can test not only if you have Covid, but have had it previously is from the company I work for. 

I heard about it this morning as I am going to be responsible for getting the payment off them. :lol:

You on commission, fine sir?  

Always liked St Mirren tbh.

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

Guest Moomintroll
I heard about it this morning as I am going to be responsible for getting the payment off them. [emoji38]
Gees some.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned, but more Italian deaths than Chinese now.  How the f**k was that allowed to happen in Italy?

The only explanation I heard was that they had a great deal of elderly folk, a lot of people still living with their parents, and, in somewhat clumsy sounding terms, a far more touchy-feely, kissy on the cheek type of society. A lot more physical contact which passed it on.

How much of that is true, fecked if I know. 

21 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Good news for anyone on the dole, no need to sign on for 3 months, no gestapo interrogations, no sanctions.

12 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

10 minutes ago, Dele said:

Has it been said how new claims can be made? 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/coronavirus-support-for-employees-benefit-claimants-and-businesses

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

You on commission, fine sir?  

Always liked St Mirren tbh.

I fucking wish!!! I won't mention the value of this order but it is several times larger than any order I've ever seen in over 3 years in there.