Coronavirus (COVID-19)

They'll have some mad ideas like longer school days or less holidays the rest of the year.
Italian children go to school on Saturdays.

Edit: before someone with my level of pedantry comes along, they also go to school Mondays through Fridays as well.

6 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Italian children go to school on Saturdays.

Edit: before someone with my level of pedantry comes along, they also go to school Mondays through Fridays as well.

There was me thinking "Aye, 14 weeks off in the summer sounds not too bad."

6 day week? F**k that!

Israel has been repackaging the Pfizer vaccine, preventing wastage and also allowing people outside the target groups to queue up for about to expire vaccines to get theirs ahead of schedule.

IMG_1221.jpg

Vaccine equivalent of corner shops selling multipacks of Coke cans as singles IMO.

7 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

That they don't work?

The first lockdown, and the one in October, came in when the r0 was already dropping, schools were closed, and the average cases by specimen date had plateaued / were falling.

For the first time two of those three don't apply, and they are flapping.

Can't be arsed getting into your lockdowns don't work chat (I disagree) but its different this time. Locking down while rolling out a vaccine is a billion times away from locking down with no long term solution in sight. 

3 hours ago, Detournement said:

The reason the clubs with a TV deal are doing testing is that it costs less than potentially having to cancel loads of games if there is a big outbreak. 

There is no more public health reason at all to regularly test lower leagues players than teachers or supermarket workers. Those guys can play just using social distancing. 

I’m pretty sure they don’t pay money back to the tv company if a game is postponed. 

44 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Can't be arsed getting into your lockdowns don't work chat (I disagree) but its different this time. Locking down while rolling out a vaccine is a billion times away from locking down with no long term solution in sight. 

I don't disagree with the bit in bold.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:
4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
Exactly, rescind their independence!

Time to dispatch the young team from Possil to get the Chinese hooked on heroin again.

Last time we did the class rooms of Eton were behind it

That fat, speccy pensioner is pretty scary tbh.

Anytime I’ve ever seen the show I’ve had to laugh at him being nice and calm then the next minute going “f**k it I’m away to count your stuff.”

I'll be honest, I'm really not sure how I'm going to react to another March style lockdown. Especially if there's no end in sight.

If that is to be what NS announces today then there needs to be a guaranteed end to it. Be that "until X number of people are vaccinated" or a date or whatever. I can't deal with another year of "three weeks to flatten the curve" followed by three months of lockdown. And "two weeks of stricter restrictions to buy us time" - that stretch from October until at least the following January.

It only struck me late last night that I'd spent the whole of yesterday thinking about what was coming today. And that isn't healthy.