Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Oh cool, another diatribe from virologistTON.

Folk didnt care when you were wailing about how anyone in a shop must be panic buying and they are unlikely to care now. 

Still, at least you're taking the latest, fact-based demolition of your argument well.

6 minutes ago, Dan Danger said:

Granny has caught something and has asked me to post in his absence. He told me to tell you that you are a p***k

He certainly has as he's been quite mellow these last couple of days.

Still, at least you're taking the latest, fact-based demolition of your argument well.
Your performance on this thread is on a par with when you were an expert on taste/flavour in the irn Bru thread.

It's just a shame that this subject matter is a bit more serious, because it's never not fun to laugh at you.

7 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

That's not good. If she has friends who are self isolating could they not drive round and visit or at least give her a call?

She's totally batshit crazy. Can't talk too well on the phone. Can't text any more and she has this dementia-related thing where if anyone does call her she gives them a bollocking for draining the battery on her phone. She can just about work the telly, though most of the time she uses her phone to try and change channel then tells anyone who will listen that I have nobbled her phone so nobody can ring her and that I've nobbled her Sky so no programmes record. 

Just now, Shandon Par said:

She's totally batshit crazy. Can't talk too well on the phone. Can't text any more and she has this dementia-related thing where if anyone does call her she gives them a bollocking for draining the battery on her phone. She can just about work the telly, though most of the time she uses her phone to try and change channel then tells anyone who will listen that I have nobbled her phone so nobody can ring her and that I've nobbled her Sky so no programmes record. 

Why have you done that to her phone and Sky box?

32 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

JFC

Parks have gates. Everyone touches the gate. Kids want to go on the swings, everyone touches the swings.

Just stay at home FFS.

Not sure if serious. Hand sanitiser/hip flask of vodka should see you ok till you get home and wash your hands.

15 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The f**k is Danger playing at here?

I told the silly old bugger to only smoke a wee bit of the crack I sold him to ease him in to it. Give it half an hour and he'll be round tearing the lead off your roof. 

41 minutes ago, virginton said:

There is absolutely no reason why parks and other open public spaces should not be visited by healthy members of the public right now. 

Because even although they feel healthy, it doesn't mean they aren't infected. If someone who feels fine (but is actually infected) starts touching things like swings, slides, benches and so on... then somebody more vulnerable comes into contact with them. It could be a death sentence. The virus is stealth in the vast majority of people carrying it. Symptoms can take up to 3 weeks to appear after being infected.

Bit of action from the government. Bars, restaurants and cafés to close from tonight.

Gyms, cinemas and night clubs to follow soon.

Money to retain staff up to 80% of wages backdated to 1 March.

Initially for 3 months but no limit on funds.

Edited by jagfox99

3 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Gates in parks near me swing shut so dogs and kids can't run out into the street m9. If you meant just open access parks like Kelvingrove then fine sure people can go in those. For me my outside time for the next while will be in a garden where only my family touches stuff. I get folk without gardens don't have that option so a place like Kelvingrove becomes the next best thing (better still get into the hills), if they can't do that then they should bring something to wash their hands/wear gloves to get in and out.

The collective risk of something spreading diminishes if we all just do less stuff. I get that you get a buzz out of being acid to people online but more generally I don't understand why normal folk seem to want to push back against this.

Lucky enough to live in Inverness where there are plenty river and canal walks where you don't need to touch anything. Have got a 1/4 pack of sterile gloves from ages ago that I might start using, just seems a bit selfish if it means just transferring bugs from one location to another.

PM: Do not go out tonight

The measures will be considered as time goes on, Boris Johnson says. But he stresses people should not go out tonight to such venues.

"We want you to stay at home to protect the NHS and save lives," he adds.

Me Johnson said it seemed to go against the freedom-loving instincts of British people but "we will get through this - we will get through it together and beat this virus".

Bit of action from the government. Bars, restaurants, gyms etc to close from tonight.
Money to retain staff up to 80% of wages backdated to 1 March.
Initially for 3 months but no limit on funds.

One step away from compulsory quarantine. The I’m Alright Jack idiots will make that inevitable.