Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Meanwhile, right on cue regarding earlier posts about more young people going into ICU. 😭

And it's the same creatures every time. They just can't help themselves.

3 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

This seems like a viable idea, I'm going to have a word with my practice manager tomorrow.

Knocking everyone out with promethazine for a week would be easy week. I nominate Todd and Ton for it. Give the thread a bit of a rest too.

27 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

I know... I'd just like to see which drugs he thinks we should be giving the general population.

Who said anything about 'giving the general population' drugs?

Prescribing medicines to people who are infected with a contagious disease yet do not currently require hospital treatment yet is a fairly basic component of modern medicine tbh. 

18 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

The last few pages show why virginton remains the biggest clownshoes on this forum.

An absolutely abject performance, and owned by someone who actually knows what they are talking about, but fair play to him, when in a hole there is absolutely no way that he will stop digging!

I don't think he's going to shag you either but at least you've taken your kb from Sridhar well.  

Edited by vikingTON

Local twitter Karens going mental because cars stuck up local hills. What's the guidance is it five miles from home or local boundary?

Such little imagination to most though. As if lomond hills are the only hill walk. Think its a bit selfish to gather in large crowds like this especially when they're blocking locals and farmers from going about their lives. 

This halfway house pretend lockdown just opens doors for all the fannies to behave however they want. Have done these hills regularly over the years and it was hardly ever overspilling from the car park. Suddenly everyone likes hills but have none of the skills or common sense required.

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Prescribing medicines to people who are infected with a contagious disease yet do not currently require hospital treatment yet is a fairly basic component of modern medicine tbh. 

Please tell me which drugs you think we should be giving them.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

We have literally already discussed this two pages ago. 

No we didn't, you said "anti-inflammatories" and I pointed out there's quite a lot of different types. As someone once said... be very specific.

38 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

I know... I'd just like to see which drugs he thinks we should be giving the general population.

Probably the same ones he’s been taking so we all have teeth like pianos and he doesn’t feel left out.

Cant find it now but BBC lastnight had a story which headlined something like, YOU CAN STILL SPREAD COVID AFTER VACCINE: VAN TAM.

Naturally I thought this might contain new info and so in I went.

the actual content was JVT saying, we dont know yet what impact the vaccine has on transmission.

Get the fucking BBC in the bin.

9 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

No we didn't, you said "anti-inflammatories" and I pointed out there's quite a lot of different types. As someone once said... be very specific.

And after that we did in fact discuss the specific drug. That you keep 'forgetting' that point indicates that you aren't arguing in good faith, so I won't be wasting any more time addressing your 'giving anti inflammatories to the general population will kill people!111!!!!' straw man argument. 

Edited by vikingTON

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

And after that we did in fact discuss the specific drug. That you keep 'forgetting' that point indicates that you aren't arguing in good faith, so I won't be wasting any more time addressing your 'giving anti inflammatories to the general population will kill people!111!!!!' straw man argument. 

Ie I’ve realised I’m pishing against the wind so will step out.  

7 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

What this pandemic needs is a “qualified” historian to lead us to safety.

Well putting a solicitor and a clownshoes dentist in charge has certainly proved a roaring success so far. 

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

The only drug you mentioned was dexamethasone and I pointed out why it isn't used. Swing and a miss, champ.

I'll also point out, do you not think the medical profession and clinical scientists have thought about drugs to treat Covid in the community and there might perhaps be good reasons why there's none being used, apart from the vaccine?

Edited by Cyclizine