Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, marty_j said:

My thought with that is that you still get charged interest aye? So it’s better to pay monthly interest if you can?

The cost is spread amongst your remaining payments. It will be a very small increase, like only a few quid a month, but aye, interest is still charged, so technically it will cost more overall, but not by much.

7 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Tim 'Trump' Martin says,

"Supermarkets are very, very crowded. Pubs are much less crowded. There's hardly been any transmission of the virus within pubs and I think it's over the top to shut them.

Where’s the ‘nominate someone for the virus’ thread?

23 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Remember the big stooshie last year when crowds of young folk arranged a massive piss-up in Kelvingrove Park and trashed it?

I give it three weeks.

I reckon two before we're under enforced lockdown. Kids just won't listen. They won't stay in the house.

1 minute ago, doulikefish said:

Pubs shut shops empty of stuff and the good dishes have made an appearance in my house if her mother turns up id swear it was christmas

You need to learn how to write a better Christmas wish list bud.

5 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

I currently live with my sister. She went ahead with her birthday party the day before yesterday, and now she is continually leaving the flat and going out for coffee with people. I am hiding in my room. I have planned a quick exit. My girlfriend 

I got till here...

Tim 'Trump' Martin says,
"Supermarkets are very, very crowded. Pubs are much less crowded. There's hardly been any transmission of the virus within pubs and I think it's over the top to shut them.

Some folk just aren’t getting this are they?
They aren’t shutting things down for a laugh, we are going to face an increase in cases, this is just the start of things. As long as people keep up this “oh we are over reacting” attitude, it is more likely to spread. This is a situation none of us ever have or may never find ourselves in again. We need to try and do what we can and if it means locking things down, so be it. We aren’t hiding in the houses, looking out watching for the virus to go away, we are trying to slow down the rate of which it is spreading and the only we can is by people following the guidelines, they guidelines may change in a few weeks, but right now this is what they are.

12 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Tim 'Trump' Martin says,

And he knows this how?

I don't think my work give a f**k about this. Sure they send folk home if you show some signs but it's basically get yer arse in until you do. (I am off just now fortunately)

Just now, Busta Nut said:

I don't think my work give a f**k about this. Sure they send folk home if you show some signs but it's basically get yer arse in until you do. (I am off just now fortunately)

^^^^ anal sex worker

2 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Just got an email from my gym (Village hotels) saying membership fees will be frozen, and for compensation I get a free nights stay at any one of their hotels and £200 vouchers to use in their restaurants.

God willing.