Coronavirus (COVID-19)

So from the Bozo briefing. Schools are safe and transmission amongst pupils is minimal. Teachers are no more at risk than any other profession. Imagine if the likes of Swinney came away with stuff like that.....

There could well be an ongoing need for masks and SD every winter so measures in the bin by June is already err.... in the bin and absolutely no mention of a return to work despite being asked specifically twice..the work from home edict remains beyond his June nirvana !

As always the devil is in the detail. It's a good move to accept we need to live with it and ZC isn't feasible but behind the big populist headlines there were plenty glaring contradictions. There were even still references to new normal !

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Going to be some laugh seeing NS's plan tomorrow.

Today was probably the first time i've felt quite positive about the second half of this year for some time.

Absolute NAP NS tramples all over that with more negative shite.

Be in no doubt, the joyless Nicola will piss in everyone’s porridge tomorrow. The thought of desperate people’s spirits being lifted slightly by Boris, will not sit comfortably with her.

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

So from the Bozo briefing. Schools are safe and transmission amongst pupils is minimal. Teachers are no more at risk than any other profession. Imagine if the likes of Swinney came away with stuff like that.....

There could well be an ongoing need for masks and SD every winter so measures in the bin by June is already error in the bin and absolutely no mention of a return to work despite being asked specifically twice..the work from home edict remains beyond his June nirvana !

As always the devil is in the detail. It's a good move to accept we need to live with it and ZC isn't feasible but behind the big populist headlines there were plenty glaring contradictions. There were even still references to new normal !

I missed that. Who said that?

Won't happen anyway. Once they are gone they'll be gone for good.

Edited by Todd_is_God

The Scots gov will follow the same road map, we are in a better position numbers wise and the budget will basically force the roadmap to end furlough ASAP. Once the top 9 are jagged the first dose by mid April and the better weather comes in things will be on the up at the start of May. I'll be caravaning for the summer and hoping international travel will be a goer afore the cold weather resurfaces.

If there’s an ongoing need for facemasks, they better be fcuking discretionary and not mandatory. In fact, anyone who wants to continue wearing one, all day, every day, in any situation, can do so. Starting tomorrow and continuing for the rest of their lives if they want. I won’t stop them. Crack on. 

Edited by pozbaird

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
I missed that. Who said that?

Balance with Witty doubling down and Bozo rather sheepishly going to...next question.

Nah, can't see it. They may become recommended things, but won't return as legal requirements. Primarily because facemasks don't work.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Ad Lib’s heel turn has been tremendous viewing. It wasn’t teased for a couple of weeks. It was just a Sweet Chin Music to the other baby face in the middle of the ring out of nowhere.

If there’s an ongoing need for facemasks, they better be fcuking discretionary and not mandatory. In fact, anyone who wants to continue wearing one, all day, every day, in wny situation, can do so. I won’t stop them. Crack on.
That was most certainly not how it was put. Valance thought the situation in Winters ahead could well require mitigation like masks and SD to PREVENT lockdowns and stay at home orders. Witty is all ready on the record with that view.

12 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

There could well be an ongoing need for masks and SD every winter so measures in the bin by June is already err.... in the bin and absolutely no mention of a return to work despite being asked specifically twice..the work from home edict remains beyond his June nirvana !

Swinney has literally explicitly stated most, if not all of that. 

Nah, can't see it. They may become recommended things, but won't return as legal requirements. Primarily because facemasks don't work.
This answer is today's news in a nutshell. UKG...facemasks and SD could be required in Winters to come to prevent lockdowns...nah I'm not having that.

You can cherry pick all the positives and ignore the negatives but they are still there. We need to look beyond the populist headlines as I said. We have been here before at least 3 or 4 times yet despite an exceptional vaccine in full deployment we are being warned that measures might yet be brought back despite a headline "all measures in the bin by June"

8 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
11 minutes ago, pozbaird said:
If there’s an ongoing need for facemasks, they better be fcuking discretionary and not mandatory. In fact, anyone who wants to continue wearing one, all day, every day, in wny situation, can do so. I won’t stop them. Crack on.

That was most certainly not how it was put. Valance thought the situation in Winters ahead could well require mitigation like masks and SD to PREVENT lockdowns and stay at home orders. Witty is all ready on the record with that view.

Facemasks. Facemasks. Facemasks... it’s like if you’ve bought a piece of cheap polyester shite from a stall selling them in your local shopping centre, and slapped it round your chin while you saunter through Tesco, you’ve suddenly become an invincible superhero. Incapable of getting, or transmitting, anything. Scores of pensioners shuffling around with them hanging off their chin, not even bothering with their nose. Touching them, placing them on Costa coffee tables.... fcuk sake. Hygeine, washing your hands, distancing - all relegated to the seaside leagues as long as you have your facemask. Everything. Is. About. Facemasks.

Edited by pozbaird

44 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

99% of deaths come from those groups. There is no justification for continued disproportionate restrictions in order to keep the other 1% safe.

I didn't once mention continuing the restrictions or anything like it, I was questioning the fact that he said all adults would have their first dose by the end of May based on those figures, which wasn't true at all.