Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I am still left hoping that the public verdict runs away ahead of the restrictions tbh.

Imagine thinking anyone is accepting a restriction on visitors in their homes into the summer time when all parties have had a vaccine (or 2).

Batshit mental, power hungry pish that.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I am still left hoping that the public verdict runs away ahead of the restrictions tbh.

Imagine thinking anyone is accepting a restriction on visitors in their homes into the summer time when all parties have had a vaccine (or 2).

We're already starting to see vaccinated folk ditching the rules, so I'd imagine the majority will be doing as you say by the summer. Hospitality etc might still be restricted but there's no way people won't be cracking on as normal at home etc. 

9 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Like many, I felt quite uplifted by that today. 

My favourite part probably was that she never mentioned once 'eliminating' the virus.....she only talked about 'suppressing' it. 

That honestly makes a hell of difference. 

This is the same thing.

Missed all this today thanks to work and had feared the worst.

On catching up I'm pleasantly surprised with the upbeat delivery and language used.   Key of course is the vaccines continuing to kick seven shades of shite out of covid and keeping hospital numbers and deaths low.  No reason for this not to happen as they seem to deal with any variants with aplomb.

Hopefully this is the way we are going to go and not by cases especially with things opening up.

On a beautiful day my mood has lifted with todays announcement.  Lets hope for this continued positive rhetoric and approach.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

12th June - 50 people at a wedding reception ✔

14th June - 7 of those same people watching the Scotland game together ❌

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Potentially could be aloud to travelling abroad to watch Hibs in the group stage next season. 

Daffy Duck GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Aye, a treat is in store when you visit Connah's Quay right enough

P.s. give those dirty b*****ds one from me.

I see the "no chance of foreign travel", has now changed to " non essential international travel could be possible from 17th May".

That's quite a turn around and a very welcome one I may add !!!

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Pretty realistic overall - the only ones that will be negative about it are the usual suspects.

I.e. the ones that get themselves onto BBC Scotland drivetime every time.

Just waiting for a Donald McLeod 'wee nippy Sturgeon ' rant for a full house.

11 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

12th June - 50 people at a wedding reception ✔

14th June - 7 of those same people watching the Scotland game together ❌

I agree with your underlying point but this is a bit "how come a can meet ma gran for a pint at the bingo at midday but canny have her in the hoose fur a cuppa tea - share if shockin"

12th June - 50 people at a wedding reception [emoji818]
14th June - 7 of those same people watching the Scotland game together [emoji777]
There's a bit of difference between a wedding and a wedding reception, you know.
A fairer comparison would have been "fifty people at a wedding who can't have a bit of a knees-up later."

4 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

There's a bit of difference between a wedding and a wedding reception, you know.
A fairer comparison would have been "fifty people at a wedding who can't have a bit of a knees-up later."

Receptions with up to 50 people are allowed, though, from 26th April.

I agree with your underlying point but this is a bit "how come a can meet ma gran for a pint at the bingo at midday but canny have her in the hoose fur a cuppa tea - share if shockin"
Half the country isn't going to a wedding either.

4 hours ago, MuckleMoo said:
4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
See this WITHOUT ALCOHOL chat, ut really needs to f**k off. Absolute bullshit

I can safely say that I've drunk more alcohol during these lockdowns than at any other point in my life. It's utterly ridiculous.

Am I being whooshed, or is this some quite magnificent point missing?

On 24/02/2021 at 09:04, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Johnson should have stuck to his data not dates position not meaningless populist pish. Picking 21 June was quite deliberate - midsummer - as the headline writers latched on to yesterday. He also knew that people would think these were "happen by" dates instead of the "will not happen before" dates they are.

On 24/02/2021 at 09:21, Jambomo said:

I’m not sure she is wrong tbh. I don’t think that the public have been able to handle nuance well at all in general - the clamour to take Boris’ dates as firm opening dates kind of shows that. Business owners are varied members of the public like anyone else, some sensible, some are not so sensible.

We are currently experiencing a slowdown in vaccinations because of supply issues - it’s things like this that make giving firm dates a nightmare. Things happen. 

On 22/02/2021 at 18:13, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If they work out that's fine - I just don't trust someone whose previous "it will be over by" predictions have been proven to be bullshit.

We were told this was data not dates - yet he proceeds to do exactly the opposite of that.

I would prefer if it were something measurable - the previous attempts at opening up in England were driven by headline grabbing - only for them to row back when they fucked up.

You must be absolutely furious then at the SG for following Boris Johnson's example by doing the exact same thing only three weeks later. Unachievable headline grabbing populism!