Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Bairn Necessities said:

But our authorities absolutely don't want that. Because they understand the massive negatives on health this creates.

Thats why they've continually promoted exercise throughout. Including our public health experts 

Every country understands that.

The First Minister specifically said this morning that she understands that what she's asking is going to have an impact on people's mental health. It's unavoidable that mental health problems will arise from this.

Praying that Sturgeon puts us into full lockdown today so we can put the last 20 pages of tedious arguments to bed.

'Everyone has to stay in'

'I'm going for a run'

'You shouldn't'

'Aye I should'

'Naw ye should'nae'

'Aye it's fine'

'Naw it's no'

FFS guys.

11 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I think a lot of people look at rules and regulations as something to get round rather than something to follow strictly.  My wife and mother-in-law want to keep her seeing us and our son and we met up in an open park at the weekend, we kept apart and away from other people and each other but it was difficult.  She has suggested that she come round to ours but go straight into the garden and see our son there, keeping two metres away at all times - I'm not sure how manageable that will be.

I think eventually we are going to have to say that she just can't come and see us.  Her partner is over 70 and is also chafing at the rules.  Older people are stuck in their ways, they have routines and find it hard to change them and that's going to be one of the most challanging things about this situation.

I agree about old people being stuck in a routine but it’s necessary for those of us who are taking this seriously to set the rules however difficult it may be.

4 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Just tell people to stay at home. That's what the authorities want, so they should just say it.

It isn't what the authorities want and that's why they're not saying it.

Everyone should respect the advice as it is, and not criticise others because they believe (with no evidence) that it should be something different.

Screenshot 2020-03-23 at 00.26.50.png

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Praying that Sturgeon puts us into full lockdown today so we can put the last 20 pages of tedious arguments to bed.

'I'm going for a run'

'You shouldn't'

'Aye I should'

'Naw ye should'nae'

'Aye it's fine'

'Naw it's no'

FFS guys.

Fair.

I'm going to watch Back to the Future.

Enjoy your golf, folks.

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

Every country understands that.

The First Minister specifically said this morning that she understands that what she's asking is going to have an impact on people's mental health. It's unavoidable that mental health problems will arise from this.

Why are you trying to pretend Nicola Sturgeon doesn't agree with her own public health experts 

1 minute ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

'I'm going for a run'

'You shouldn't'

'Aye I should'

'Naw ye should'nae'

'Aye it's fine'

'Naw it's no'

FFS guys.

Or how about people accept the advice as it is and don't be dicks?

Jason Leitch went for a 5k run yesterday, and I think he knows more about it than any of us on here.

'I'm going for a run'

'You shouldn't'

'Aye I should'

'Naw ye should'nae'

'Aye it's fine'

'Naw it's no'

FFS guys.

Tedious, maybe. but it's a serious issue.

'I'm going for a run'

'You shouldn't'

'Aye I should'

'Naw ye should'nae'

'Aye it's fine'

'Naw it's no'

FFS guys.

In fairness there is only one poster on here being a contrarian; everyone else is agreeing that we should be observing the sensible advice that we have been given.

Scotland being an alcoholic, obese, heart failure of a country, why all of a sudden every c**t wants to go outside for exercise.  By being outside "excising" there is a possibility that one could hurt themselves and need medical attention.  At this time, no hospital needs some daft golfer just been hit in the napper because  Fat Jock forgot to shout "four", staggering anywhere near a medical centre. 

Check out the Local mayors of Italy messages (posted earlier).  STAY IN THE FUCKING HOUSE!  

Edited by SlipperyP

15 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

That's what was tried first here. The problem is that people observe the other people around them and take their cues from them.

There were people jogging at the park right in the middle of Kuala Lumpur, so this led to a group of South American backpackers thinking the park was open and having a picnic in the park. The police had to move them on, and they weren't happy because they could see people running and were annoyed that they couldn't have their picnic.

People base their behaviour on how others are behaving.

There were loads of examples of this in the first few days here.

So, exercise was banned and compliance has gone from an estimated 60% to an estimated 92%. This will save lives.

Ambiguity has to be removed.

This is like saying someone saw me driving at 70mph on a motorway so they thought it would be fine to drive at 85mph, ergo I shouldn't drive at 70mph.

22 minutes ago, pub car king said:

In terms of exercise I live on the edge of a village which backs onto a giant woods. I'll go out there when I'm better because outside time is important, there is nobody about even during the summer and the paths are quite established that should I see anyone I can stay well clear or call out.

Much the same as myself.  With the current advice then at least some of us can get outside at no risk to ourselves or others, although the 'the city is soooo great' (until something like this comes along) urban mob obviously don't like their situation where they realistically can't do this in their neighbourhood as there are just too many people not to get in each other's faces.  Instead they'll drive out of town, naively thinking they'll be one of the few there with the end result being that everybody will be forced into lockdown regardless of whether you live in Central London or an isolated cottage up some remote glen.  

As far as I'm concerned, if you live in a rural area where there's room to roam then it's fair game.  If you live in a town/city and don't have the space because of the population density, then stay indoors and suck it up.  Everywhere has it's pros and cons.

Just now, SlipperyP said:

Scotland being a alcoholic, obese, heart failure of a country, why all of a sudden every c**t want to go outside for exercise.  By being outside "excising" there is a possibility that one could hurt themselves and need medical attention.  At this time, no hospital needs some daft golfer just been hit in the natter because  Fat Jock forgot to shout "four" staggering anywhere near a medical centre. 

Check out the Local mayors of Italy messages (posted earlier).  STAY IN THE FUCKING HOUSE!  

Look, you're just wrong. It's not even a matter of opinion.

You're at more risk of injuring yourself every time you have a shower than you are going for a walk round the park. In the interest of the great national effort, have you giving up showering? Using knives? Climbing stairs?

7 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Scotland being a alcoholic, obese, heart failure of a country, why all of a sudden every c**t want to go outside for exercise.  By being outside "excising" there is a possibility that one could hurt themselves and need medical attention.  At this time, no hospital needs some daft golfer just been hit in the natter because  Fat Jock forgot to shout "four" staggering anywhere near a medical centre. 

We're even washing our hands now...

Just now, GordonS said:

Look, you're just wrong. It's not even a matter of opinion.

You're at more risk of injuring yourself every time you have a shower than you are going for a walk round the park. In the interest of the great national effort, have you giving up showering? Using knives? Climbing stairs?

I knew that would be a reply, yes people do get injured at the home, however folk also get injured while outside, try taking some of that off the stats by not leaving the house.

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

We're even washing our hands now...

I'll believe that when I see it, probably went from 20 to 30 percent of males washing their hands after a slash. 

31 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

What part of it do you dispute?

Do you think the evidence of last weekend shows that it's helpful or unhelpful to have the British public believe that it's ok to be outside?

BBC WEBSITE RIGHT NOW,

Can I go for a walk on a sunny day?

Even though people are being urged to stay at home, Mr Hancock says "it is important that people get exercise, but they should do it staying away from others".

Public Health England (PHE) says: "You can go for a walk or exercise outside if you stay more than 2m from others."

7 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I'll believe that when I see it, probably went from 20 to 30 percent of males washing their hands after a slash. 

I don't pish when I'm outside...