Coronavirus (COVID-19)

14 minutes ago, Paco said:

You’d undoubtedly be going off your nut if we followed the English example of a 2300 crowd in Hampden for a Scottish Cup semi, made up of locals only for a match not involving local teams and requiring two negative tests before entry, and one after for every attendee.

Some people just want to be miserable.

Would I f**k.

I'd think it was great and a step in the right direction. We seem to heading towards absolutely zero until mid June and then Bam! Three 20,000 crowds in a fortnight (and I suspect back to next nothing thereafter).

When this all kicked off I always thought that crowds would be slowly built up over time.  A 2300 at Hampden would be along those kind of lines, so you've got me all wrong here fella.

37 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Chile are mainly using the Chinese CoronaVac vaccine are they not? It's got around 50% efficacy compared to the 90%+ of the Pfizer and AstraZeneca...

Might be an idea for Nicola to point that out, because all things like this will do is increase vaccine hesitancy ('what's the point if it makes no difference') and increase the feeling that Government's never really want to loosen restrictions. Tweets like this feel like they are coming from someone who doesn't realise the power her words hold. 

She won't, though, given the idea behind the message is to re-enforce the present need to stick to the current restrictions.

Not being able to see the potential for longer-term problems as a result of vaccine hesitancy caused by this messaging would not be atypical of this administration.

38 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Why on earth did the Scottish goverment ease restriction Slightly on good Friday only to immediately go into “please stay at home if you can this easter weekend”😆  

That's consistent with their previous approach. 

The ONS' laughable 'put your hand up if you're feeling tired and reckon you've got long Covid' survey is rearing its pointless head yet again:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/apr/03/nhs-feels-strain-tens-thousands-staff-long-covid

At least 122,000 NHS personnel have the condition, the Office for National Statistics disclosed in a detailed report that showed 1.1 million people in the UK were affected by the condition. That is more than any other occupational group and ahead of teachers, of whom 114,000 have it.

1) I can think of plenty of other reasons why NHS staff may be suffering from physical symptoms in addition to 'fatigue' over the past twelve months, that has got hee-haw to do with their body fighting a virus they never contracted.

2) Teachers.

086f1cca-2019-4841-b086-6a425a7bf249.jpg.30efca8ed22b0532a06c014bd6a414b6.jpg

They never knowingly fail to put themselves up on a cross. 

And of course we're now incentivising people to chuck their names down on a Hypochondriac's Charter in the chance that they can get some nice compensation in the future:

Layla Moran, the Liberal Democrat MP who chairs the all-party parliamentary group on coronavirus, wants ministers to classify long Covid as an occupational disease and set up a scheme to compensate workers in health, social care and other public service roles who have been left unable to work because they have it.

You can start by establishing a clinical diagnosis and hard evidence of post-viral fatigue first, which will likely weed out about 90% of those in this survey. 

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

Jason Leitch's comments re fans at the Euros have an air of 'a wee treat' about them.

Are we really not going to have any test events in the run up to this? I can actually picture the Hampden games having fans (around 20k) and then back to nothing / very little thereafter.

There’s going to be an unofficial test event on the 15th May, whether they like it or not.

Would I f**k.
I'd think it was great and a step in the right direction. We seem to heading towards absolutely zero until mid June and then Bam! Three 20,000 crowds in a fortnight (and I suspect back to next nothing thereafter).
When this all kicked off I always thought that crowds would be slowly built up over time.  A 2300 at Hampden would be along those kind of lines, so you've got me all wrong here fella.
Why, if 20k crowds has no I'll effect would we go back to nothing. That is just nonsense more so given the season doesn't start for weeks afterwards. What reasoning is behind this, it makes zero sense ?

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Steven W said:
Would I f**k.

Why, if 20k crowds has no I'll effect would we go back to nothing. That is just nonsense more so given the season doesn't start for weeks afterwards. What reasoning is behind this, it makes zero sense ?

Correct it does make zero sense.

But since when has sense been applied?

20 minutes ago, virginton said:

The ONS' laughable 'put your hand up if you're feeling tired and reckon you've got long Covid' survey is rearing its pointless head yet again:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/apr/03/nhs-feels-strain-tens-thousands-staff-long-covid

1) I can think of plenty of other reasons why NHS staff may be suffering from physical symptoms in addition to 'fatigue' over the past twelve months, that has got hee-haw to do with their body fighting a virus they never contracted.

According to the below, the NHS employees over 1.3m people. 

https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/about_nhs.html

I've no idea how many of them got covid, but let's use another finger in the air figure of 20% of employees. They are seriously trying to claim that nearly half the workforce that got covid also have long covid. Utterly risible. 

Must have some compo face ready to go. 

Laughable front page in the Mirror this morning under the headline Staycation Stampede a tale of Brits "snubbing" holidays in the EU in favour of the UK. That "snubbing" will have nothing to do with EU holidays being banned with no real positive vibes for the summer leaking out. If holidays in the EU did become virtually hassle free just watch the opposite happen and millions of Brits "snub" the ludicrously bad value UK holidays in favour of the EU. To make it sound like some sort of patriotic shift is a ridiculous take.

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
8 minutes ago, Steven W said:
Correct it does make zero sense.
But since when has sense been applied?

If crowds are back in June they will still be allowed come the new season unless something goes disastrously wrong.

I agree with you, but never underestimate the "variant" "booster" "don't know how long immunity lasts" "don't want to repeat the same mistakes as last year" excuses for limiting the number of people, particularly from a group of people the SG clearly identify as a problem group, can gather under the "we just don't know how this "more contageous" virus will react to mixing in Autumn and Winter" banner.

14 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
22 minutes ago, G51 said:
There’s going to be an unofficial test event on the 15th May, whether they like it or not.

Which is ???

Terry Munro’s funeral (RIP).

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Sturgeon is clearly not an idiot, so I don’t believe that she doesn’t understand why the comparison is ludicrous, which makes that nonsense post even more infuriating.

Misleading and coercing the public has been an accepted 'tactic' throughout. It was in SAGE minutes as early as last February/March. Even in the papers today:

What an absolute gutter 'science' public health has become. Just remember all the things so many people ignored about public health prior to the pandemic, hence the lack of regular exercise, fast food, obesity and alcoholism, plus habits like smoking. A truly terrific job these lunatics do at improving the wellbeing of the population.

Of course, there's simply the fact that people don't care and want to live their lives as they see fit. It would be nice if these 'experts' rather soon returned to their irrelevance, leaving people to decide if they want to be disgusting fatties and jakes, or fairly balanced individuals who want to enjoy life without their utopian worldview all over the news and internet, save the occasional article that 'Too much bacon will give you cancer, warn public health EXPERTS!'

Edited by Elixir

21 minutes ago, Michael W said:

According to the below, the NHS employees over 1.3m people. 

https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/about_nhs.html

I've no idea how many of them got covid, but let's use another finger in the air figure of 20% of employees. They are seriously trying to claim that nearly half the workforce that got covid also have long covid. Utterly risible. 

Must have some compo face ready to go. 

Remember that the NHS is made up exclusively of fat nurses who eat Quality Street all day

4 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Misleading and coercing the public has been an accepted 'tactic' throughout. It was in SAGE minutes as early as last February/March. Even in the papers today:

What an absolute gutter 'science' public health has become. Just remember all the things so many people ignored about public health prior to the pandemic, hence the lack of regular exercise, fast food, obesity and alcoholism, plus habits like smoking. A truly terrific job these lunatics do at improving the wellbeing of the population.

Of course, there's simply the fact that people don't care and want to live their lives as they see fit. It would be nice if these 'experts' rather soon returned to their irrelevance, leaving people to decide if they want to be disgusting fatties and jakes, or fairly balanced individuals who want to enjoy life without their utopian worldview all over the news and internet, save the occasional article that 'Too much bacon will give you cancer, warn public health EXPERTS!'

An awful lot of what Jeremiah Cole linked to on here has proven to be pretty accurate, nutters n bampots whether by accident appeared to have a better handle on where we were back at the beginning. 

An awful lot of what Jeremiah Cole linked to on here has proven to be pretty accurate, nutters n bampots whether by accident appeared to have a better handle on where we were back at the beginning. 
Eh ? That incarnation of the loonball basically posted Covid denier articles. His take was it didn't exist, all a hoax.

35 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
42 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Eh ? That incarnation of the loonball basically posted Covid denier articles. His take was it didn't exist, all a hoax.

That was his take on it, an awful lot of what has happened was within what he shared. 

Edited by ayrmad