Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The Euros will take place (or not) regardless of whether a crowd is allowed in to Hampden to watch them. Every single minute will be televised on council telly across the country. 
Given that almost all of Scottish domestic and European club competition this season has already taken place behind closed doors, you, Jason Leitch and the rest of The Guys are seriously overestimating the number of people who will be furious, absolutely furious, if the gates aren't swung open for a handful of matches in June because people didn't follow 'the rules' at almost zero credible risk to their own health over the next two months. It's not going to even remotely shift the dial of public behaviour then.

You've taken what he said and made it into a massive strawman and lost your head about it. Dear me, this place in mental [emoji23]

22 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
25 minutes ago, charger29 said:
f**k sake. Thought there would still be some non-qualified teams who'd come over here for a game. If its true at least the travel isn't too bad.

I think the SFA are awaiting confirmation they can hold an overseas training camp, they may need an exemption for it. If not they have a plan b, but at the moment I've not heard anything to suggest home games are in their plans.

Worked out well for Celtic.  What could possibly go wrong 😂

I think the SFA are awaiting confirmation they can hold an overseas training camp, they may need an exemption for it. If not they have a plan b, but at the moment I've not heard anything to suggest home games are in their plans.
Given that our group games are being played in Scotland and England, is an oversea camp really necessary? It's not like there's a different climate to get used to, and there are plenty of places in Scotland/UK that they can go in terms of team building and training.

If crowds were allowed then it would be good if there were a couple games outside of Glasgow (Murrayfield and Pittodrie?), but redundant point as there probably won't be before the Euros.

I suspect the SG are concerned about crowds at the Euros as there will be a large global audience, and with it the chance to showcase how well Scotland have (apparently) handled things. Prestige is one of the main reasons countries want to host tournaments, and that's not something you're going to get by allowing crowds into Somerset, Cappielow or any other Scottish club ground before then.

That said, it would be very difficult to justify allowkng 15k (for example) nto Hampden and not a similar percentage at other grounds after that point. Given the group stage of the league cup to be restored to July, the SPFL must be confident about crowds in some form come the summer.

But either way, dangling euro crowds as a reward for good behaviour is truly patronising pish.

Given that our group games are being played in Scotland and England, is an oversea camp really necessary? It's not like there's a different climate to get used to, and there are plenty of places in Scotland/UK that they can go in terms of team building and training.

If crowds were allowed then it would be good if there were a couple games outside of Glasgow (Murrayfield and Pittodrie?), but redundant point as there probably won't be before the Euros.

I suspect the SG are concerned about crowds at the Euros as there will be a large global audience, and with it the chance to showcase how well Scotland have (apparently) handled things. Prestige is one of the main reasons countries want to host tournaments, and that's not something you're going to get by allowing crowds into Somerset, Cappielow or any other Scottish club ground before then.

That said, it would be very difficult to justify allowkng 15k (for example) nto Hampden and not a similar percentage at other grounds after that point. Given the group stage of the league cup to be restored to July, the SPFL must be confident about crowds in some form come the summer.

But either way, dangling euro crowds as a reward for good behaviour is truly patronising pish.
Probably more to do with getting players away from it all with guaranteed decent weather. Scotland went to the USA for camps before the last two Finals we qualified for, one of which was in England.

That said, northern England was talked about at one point which many be plan B if travelling is difficult.

On 03/04/2021 at 00:09, Rugster said:

How many folk have had a heart attack since having the AZ vaccine? How many people have had a brain aneurysm since having the AZ vaccine? How many folk have been hit by a bus since having the AZ vaccine?

fanny. 

Having had AZ vaccine, a week ago. I have had no heart attacks or aneurysms, I'm happy to report and I've managed to miss those pesky buses as I cross the road.

I'm happy to have had the lovely goodness that is AZ. 

Would highly recommend, five stars.

https://news.sky.com/story/dates-revealed-for-uks-first-vaccine-passport-events-and-traffic-light-system-for-holidays-12265266

Not quite sure where I stand on vaccine passports domestically, and it seems a bit silly that you wouldn't need one to get on a train to go to the football, but would to get in to the stadium. And I wonder where it leaves lower and non league football, who presumably be unable to enforce it.

But for all that, at least WM are looking at ways of getting things going again. There is just nothing of that sort up here.

40 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Why does our media want us to hide under our beds forever?

Fear, uncertainty and division is a media companies dream they will be hoping this lasts as long as possible.

51 minutes ago, Steven W said:

https://news.sky.com/story/dates-revealed-for-uks-first-vaccine-passport-events-and-traffic-light-system-for-holidays-12265266

Not quite sure where I stand on vaccine passports domestically, and it seems a bit silly that you wouldn't need one to get on a train to go to the football, but would to get in to the stadium. And I wonder where it leaves lower and non league football, who presumably be unable to enforce it.

But for all that, at least WM are looking at ways of getting things going again. There is just nothing of that sort up here.

The good news is that Johnson has shat it under pressure here. We're one step close to getting these horrible things binned entirely. 

That list is another in a long line of illogical covid measures. By all means go and sit with 70 people inside a train carriage but a few hundred of you can't go and watch Montrose in a minimal risk outdoor setting without a QR code. It makes absolutely zero sense whatsoever when the higher risk settings don't need it. 

If they come in in England there is not a cat in hell's chance the perennially more cautious Scottish Government won't follow suit 

22 hours ago, craigkillie said:

On the football, my guess is that the Scottish Cup final will be earmarked for having at least some crowd at it as a "test event". Otherwise, there will probably be a pre-tournament friendly at Hampden which could serve the same purpose.

Yeah, if they were going to allow eg a 15K crowd for the Euros, it would surely make sense to try having something at least close to that number for the Scottish Cup final. There'd be nothing learned from allowing 300 people in or not having any kind of crowd.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

How many papers will be sold or clicks on websites the week after things return to normal and the headline is about brexit or VAT going up.

Brazilian Mutant is coming to kill you sells more.

24 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

How many papers will be sold or clicks on websites the week after things return to normal and the headline is about brexit or VAT going up.

Brazilian Mutant is coming to kill you sells more.

Sky News are a terrorist's best friend with the way they report such incidents.

Carabao Cup and on FA Cup semi announced as having supporters, in April.  We will no doubt have a 300 person trial which will then be ignored because some people went to the beach.

2 hours ago, Steven W said:

The Scottish Government will sit tight until a decision is made in the House of Commons, as has pretty much been the case the whole pandemic.

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

EdinburghLive continuing with their outrage at people out enjoying themselves yesterday.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/crowds-flock-edinburghs-portobello-beach-20316372

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/thousands-gather-edinburgh-meadows-breaching-20317343

F*** off, people have had an absolute shite time of it and we have been in lockdown for 3 months, the sun came out timely for Friday and Saturday and they needed to get outside and get some vitamin D. Also EdinburghLive not understanding the meaning of stay local in the Portobello article, the majority of these people will have come from the same area. These articles give the wrong impression, the angle of the photo from Portobello gives the impression of no social distancing, I can see social distancing.

General views of the Public out enjoying the nice weather on Easter Friday at Portobello Beach near Edinburgh

People enjoy Easter weekend on Portobello beach in Edinburgh

Mental heath affects your well being and your physical health, this will probably gave a lot of people a big lift and a chance to get away from the house. Looking at the photos it seems more like an average cross section of ages you would find anywhere on a nice day and they are behaving themselves, I cant see why anyone's knickers are getting in a twist over this.

Has anyone noticed that the huge jump in cases expected from the thousands of Rangers fans celebrating the league title never happened and was ignored when they realised the case numbers were still falling?

Alasdair Clark seems like an utter VL, that's why. Based in Fife too, hope he's staying local...

On 02/04/2021 at 10:37, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Aye, I took advantage of Asda letting selected folk in an hour early on Sundays due to me holding an HMPPS ID card, even though I'm no longer operational, but mostly office based. I felt a bit guilty until I saw some of the other customers who I (probably biased) would have struggled to call "key". In honesty, the place was probably more crowded than normal, with massive checkout queues (because the checkouts couldn't open till ten). It just meant I got the shopping done earlier and kept the rest of Sunday free.

How did you gauge whether they were key workers?

On 02/04/2021 at 16:49, craigkillie said:

These are not being updated over the Easter weekend - presumably because folk are on holiday.

Honestly - do they not know there's a pandemic and WE NEED TO KNOW THOSE NUMBERS?

On 02/04/2021 at 20:29, Lyle Lanley said:

Everyone at my local Tesco’s had to queue up separately to go into the store but you can wonder about the store in big groups if you wanted when inside. 

Like Why was it built here? Why is in not bigger? Why isn't there a bigger booze section, that sort of thing?