Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Douglas Ross was speaking in favour of bringing these dates forward last week, so if the main opposition party are backing it I can't see how they would be too harshly criticised.

Well fingers crossed that they follow the data then.

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

The snooker thing has to be viewed as a good thing surely. Social distancing will never be binned until there's data that says it can be binned.

The World Championships last year were improved immeasurably by the lack of an audience.

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The final was scheduled for early May last year for exactly this reason. This season's final was also originally scheduled for early May before the lockdown led to the competition being suspended. So I'm pretty sure this is not a case of anyone being "at it".

However, if there's any chance of getting fans for the final then it should be moved to another ground.

BBC report says it was agreed the final will be at Hampden but a condition was no fans.

Leitch 😂

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

BBC report says it was agreed the final will be at Hampden but a condition was no fans.

Leitch 😂

It was an agreement with UEFA to allow the Cup Final to be pushed on to 22nd May. Nothing to do with the Scottish Government or Jason Leitch. 

25 minutes ago, superbigal said:

A Stranraer v QOS final would have been handy in Covid free D&G if was not for the Hibs.

And emm Stranraer drawing QOS or Hibs in the next round.

Apart from that.

That and Formartine beating Annan on penalties.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

They dont think football fans matter. Not a single f**k given

This is where a fans organisation would be extremely useful. Who is standing up for us? The clubs aren't. The authorities aren't. The Government aren't.

We have no vehicle for putting pressure or lobbying for even the partial return of fans despite significantly more dangerous leisure activities having re-opening dates.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

This is where a fans organisation would be extremely useful. Who is standing up for us? The clubs aren't. The authorities aren't. The Government aren't.

We have no vehicle for putting pressure or lobbying for even the partial return of fans despite significantly more dangerous leisure activities having re-opening dates.

Supporters direct seems to have faded into the background but such a vehicle would have been excellent. There should be a legal challenge if this shite continues. 

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Supporters direct seems to have faded into the background but such a vehicle would have been excellent. There should be a legal challenge if this shite continues. 

Maybe SDS is the vehicle - certainly, an organisation that has helped set up supporters trusts is perfect for this kind of thing. Unfortunately I've heard almost nothing from them in years, so I've no idea if they're even still kicking about.

Personally, I'd like to see each clubs supporters trust meet and agree some form of campaign. There are genuinely clever and intelligent people volunteering for those trusts that have a lot of experience of working with the press and the Government. This is something that everyone wants to see.

It was an agreement with UEFA to allow the Cup Final to be pushed on to 22nd May. Nothing to do with the Scottish Government or Jason Leitch. 

This was all done under the assumption that there wouldn't be fans anyway. If there's a possibility of getting fans in then there's no reason not to move it.

UEFA certainly aren't going to have said "you must play this game at Hampden" but rather "if you want to play it at Hampden on that date then there can't be any fans".

The main restriction that needs to go right fucking now is the local authority travel restriction - if the country laughably drops into level 3 at the end of this month, then that'll mean six more weeks of nonsense restrictions.

Build a wall around Clackmannanshire and West Lothian instead. 

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Incidentally, I see that the FA have decided that Wembley will also be a 25% capacity for their group stage and last 16 games.

Significantly higher number of people though.... Not a kick in the arse off double i'd imagine?