Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, TheScarf said:
Has anyone else noticed a lot less folk wearing masks in shops now? Was in Asda yesterday morning and there was definitely a few more maskless than before.

Morrisons here still has 2 guys on the door enforcing it at all times. No mask no entry without the exemption lanyard thing although to be fair they do give you one for free if you have forgotten it. Big issue here is we are a one supermarket town unfortunately.

Morrisons in my area have took away all queuing restrictions. 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I was quite prepared to give Leitch the benefit of the doubt but with him talking about no away fans until the end of NEXT fucking season I'm pretty much done.

If I was in charge of a lower league club, I'd be canvassing support from other chairmen about simply opening up and allowing people to come to games and let the Leitch and the others attempt to close me down if they think they can.

I am genuinely coming to that conclusion because further delay is intolerable.

We can always close the grounds again in winter if there's a surge in deaths/hospitalisations.

I think we're going to have to seize control of this out of the hands of these unelected advisors as members of the public and maybe we've reached that point. I wonder if we are at the point where mass civil disobedience is needed to get the change we want. This is the Poll Tax all over again.

Unfortunately, activism on the scale of the poll tax riots is long gone - a few sweary tweets and maybe (at a push) a peaceful march is about the extent it’ll get to these days.

Ultimately, if there’s full stadia down south then it’ll happen here regardless of what the dentist thinks.

I've previously spoke of my Aunt who used to be an extrovert and always out before covid arrived, and how since then shes been scared to go out, sticking to all the rules and even wearing a mask to walk up the street to my Mums house. I honestly thought she was a lost cause due to watching news/briefings nearly every hour of the day. Well today is her Golden wedding anniversary and my mum took a present down and she was invited in the house as it was too cold to sit outside. Also there was her sister in law and her family. 6 people indoors and numerous other people in and out throughout the day. My aunt says because shes had the vaccine she no longer cares so much about the rules. Maybe there is hope for the Helen Lovejoy/Simps after all 

They are taking place in England because the Scottish Government has no interest in anything that might accelerate the road map. They are happy with the current restrictions. 

If you put some sort of jim carey liar liar spell on them and said “ Awrite then, if not now then when the f**k will you allow us to do what we want” their answer would be - after someone else does it and we know theres no negative effects

Daily Cases Update:  Another excellent day as cases down another 4.24% and overall to 22.9 per 100K.  Sailed past Englandshire.

I am not Public Sector, however the bank holiday  being missed would have the  unions screaming, so no updates tomorrow

Headlines:  Really interesting that Glasgow may actually go past Edinburgh. Don't imagine anyone would ever have called that.

Our other major cities Dundee & Aberdeen have extraordinary days if you look below. The residents of Dundee (Excepting Whitfield) deserve

image.jpeg.0e733db7f55e3d875083508a3d1ac0ce.jpeg

Renfrewshire also completely qualify for 

image.jpeg.9b489e7bbc081ef051f8c6770a6ad273.jpeg

In Europe vaccination progress is accelerating and case numbers dropping everywhere.

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 23rd April to 29th April  were 1251 now 1198 down 4.24%. Positivity was 1.1% now 1.1%.   Cases per 100k were 22.9 now 21.9

Home Nations Daily update:  UK Average  23.9 to 23.6 down 1.26%, England 23.9 to 23.8 down 0.42%,  Wales  11.6 to 11.0 down 5.117%, Northern Ireland 37.2 to 35.5 down 4.57% 

European (Above 2 Million Population) : Croatia 364 to 352,  Sweden 370 to 350,  Netherlands 329 to 316, France 311 to 286,  all destinations over 250 cases per 100K     Note everywhere high up is now starting to drop in Europe.  Vaccination rates are improving and because they only have a 3 week gap between doses are slower to rise.  Belgium as an example now has 26% of population at least with 1 dose.

Special mention for Turkey as a popular destination down to 366 from 435 but now in Lockdown, Cyprus  651 from 705 and happy to accept tourists.

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Shifty Tories should be in lockdown club

Moray 56.4 to 64.7  Up another near 15%  Elgin residents appear to be on a different trajectory to the rest of us.

Under 50 Level 2 Criteria Club

East Dunbartonshire  48.8 to 48.8  Hopefully peaked now.

East Ayrshire 35.2 to 36.1 

North Lanarkshire  37.2  to 34.6 Another 7.53% down,  excellent progress

Fife   35.6 to 32.9  Again hopefully peaked now.

Glasgow City  33.3 to 29.5 Brilliant day down another 11.41%

City Of Edinburgh  24.8 to 26.1   Not been this high up the table for months

West Lothian   20.8 to 25.7  Up 23.56%

South Ayrshire     25.8 to 24.0   

Perth & Kinross  26.3 to 23.0

West Dunbartonshire  25.9 to 22.5

Falkirk  24.9 to 22.4   

Dumfries & Galloway  20.8 to 21.5  Scotland's most dangerous neighbourhood. Upper Nithsdale 520.9 !!!  

The  Club Sub 20.0image.jpeg.2ac60f85799d1453b2fa133e8de973d3.jpeg

Renfrewshire    24.6 to 19.0  Great day as transcend into the smokers room down 22.76%

East Renfrewshire   22.0 to 18.8  Very smoky in Renfrew now. Down 14.55%

South Lanarkshire  16.8 to 16.8 

North Ayrshire  15.6 to 15.6  

Clackmannanshire    9.7 to 13.6  

Aberdeen City   16.2 to 13.1  Amazing down another 19.14% and only 30 cases.

Inverclyde   9.0 to 12.9

Dundee City   20.1 to 12.7  Wow down 36.82%  Biggest Havana of week.  Only 19 cases.

Highlands   8.5 to 9.8

Stirling   8.5 to 9.6  

Aberdeenshire   7.3 to 8.0

Argyll & Bute  7.0 to 7.0

Angus  6.0 to 6.9 

Scottish  Borders  6.1 to 6.1

East Lothian  6.5 to 4.7  

Midlothian  1.1 to 1.1  

Orkney Island  4.5 to 0.0 

Shetland Islands  0.0 to 0.0  

Western Isles   0.0 to 0.0

Edited by superbigal

It might be freezing, Jason Leitch might be greeting about car parks, the tunes might be turned down and the drinks might be pretty shite but as Justin Timberlake might say they “can’t stop the feeling”

IMG_5701.jpg

Big dose of Pfizery goodness now pumping through my veins!!! 

Been told 2nd doze will be in 12 weeks. It should not be in 11, or 13 but bang on 12. So I'll be fully vaccinated and at peak immunity for the start of the season.

GET THE FUCKIN GRUNS OPEN LEITCH YA CREEPY GOD BOTHERER.

It might be freezing, Jason Leitch might be greeting about car parks, the tunes might be turned down and the drinks might be pretty shite but as Justin Timberlake might say they “can’t stop the feeling”

IMG_5701.thumb.jpg.f0989ce567ba6503c585e24cff838758.jpg
Really nice hands. Textbook.

Today is one of those grim days where I wonder when/if this insanity will end and we accept that life is full of risk and trade-offs, or if we're destined to live in an obsessed biosecurity world.

So depressing.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Big dose of Pfizery goodness now pumping through my veins!!! 

Been told 2nd doze will be in 12 weeks. It should not be in 11, or 13 but bang on 12. So I'll be fully vaccinated and at peak immunity for the start of the season.

GET THE FUCKIN GRUNS OPEN LEITCH YA CREEPY GOD BOTHERER.

I upvoted this but have no idea what a grun is. West Coast term?