Coronavirus (COVID-19)

27 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Today is one of those grim days where I wonder when/if this insanity will end and we accept that life is full of risk and trade-offs, or if we're destined to live in an obsessed biosecurity world.

So depressing.

2 weeks until the pubs open indoors down here. 

Really hope the SG come under a lot of pressure to reopen in line with England. I'm stunned no one is running on a 'reopen faster,' ticket for the election. 

2 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Really hope the SG come under a lot of pressure to reopen in line with England. I'm stunned no one is running on a 'reopen faster,' ticket for the election. 

The freedom party or freedom alliance (can’t remember the e act name) are

Are you being ironic ? Pubs open indoors here under the current (too slow) roadmap that day too ?

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
27 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Are you being ironic ? Pubs open indoors here under the current (too slow) roadmap that day too ?

They're also currently limited to arbitrary 2 hour limits on indoor bookings which is not the case in England but I'm sure you knew that.

Can't say I expected much less from your contributions which have largely been "look what a cautious shambles England is", while being an apologist for SG when they have given more cautious advice.

39 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Every easing is welcome of course, and while I have always been fully prepared for us having to go through another winter after the vaccine rollout to keep the scientists, politicians, and Lovejoy's content, I just hope that this time next year we're not still abiding by theatre like mass testing vaccinated populations, having to 'track and trace' in bars and restaurants, and so on.

We simply have to reach a state where the Coronavirus Act is binned from law, and monitoring of the virus is non-intrusive into every day life and happens in the background as is the case with influenza. If we're still obsessing over case numbers etc when hospitalisations and deaths have remained at pre-pandemic levels, then just shoot me, tbh.

8 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Could imagine the Green Brigade or the Union Bears doing this in St.Enoch Centre.

That certainly looks like the Green Brigade's spelling...

Was out for lunch today in Inverness. Restaurant mobbed, food fantastic. First time since last year someone has cooked for me (other than takeaways and the wife) 

For the first time in my life I'll be voting for someone other than the SNP next week. The platforming of Leitch and The Guys is the main reason for that.
No idea who to give my constituency vote to, but I cannot endorse the last 12-18 months by putting a cross in the box next to Sturgeon's name.
Which mainstream party is offering anything different?

This is the sort of indirect simping that does no one any favours on here. The discussion is about the Scottish Government and their advisors and you've posted about Raab.
At least the English have had thousands at cup ties. We're nowhere near that.
There should be a few thousand minimum at the OF game this afternoon.
Give the American simp pish a rest.

They're also currently limited to arbitrary 2 hour limits on indoor bookings which is not the case in England but I'm sure you knew that.
Can't say I expected much less from your contributions which have largely been "look what a cautious shambles England is", while being an apologist for SG when they have given more cautious advice.
Bizarre response given my post actually stated our response was too slow but hey ho !

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
10 hours ago, Marshmallo said:
For the first time in my life I'll be voting for someone other than the SNP next week. The platforming of Leitch and The Guys is the main reason for that.
No idea who to give my constituency vote to, but I cannot endorse the last 12-18 months by putting a cross in the box next to Sturgeon's name.

Which mainstream party is offering anything different?

I don't really understand this argument.

Remembering that we are talking about SG policies, and the SG election, then there is only one party in a position to appoint advisers, only one party being advised by said advisers, and only one party forming policy based on their interpretation of said advice.

"But who is saying different?" is a ridiculously weak argument against anyone unhappy with their namby pamby, ultra cautious, micro-managing approach. Up there with "but who'd do better?" when discussing the poor performance of a football club's management.

Edited by Todd_is_God

24 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Remembering that we are talking about SG policies, and the SG election, then there is only one party in a position to appoint advisers, only one party being advised by said advisers, and only one party forming policy based on their interpretation of said advice.

"But who is saying different?" is a ridiculously weak argument against anyone unhappy with their namby pamby, ultra cautious, micro-managing approach. Up there with "but who'd do better?" when discussing the poor performance of a football club's management.

Ok Tory Boy.  Whatever you say. 

31 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

What an odd response to a perfectly normal question.

Not really, no other party would do anything any faster if they win the election instead of the sno, perhaps the tories but even then it’s not guaranteed and they haven’t made any promise about it for the election