Coronavirus (COVID-19)

27 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'm sure I've had quality accommodation in Albufeira for£6 a night before, well that's if you can call the Auramar beach club "quality", well, maybe not.

Your presence would bring the price down.

27 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Simple supply and demand economics, folks.

^^^ Tory scum

It is not incumbent on crap UK businesses to see a potentially captive market and hike up prices far beyond their costs. And they'll be punished for their chancing behaviour soon enough with their deserved failure of their business. 

16 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
17 minutes ago, Elixir said:
I wonder what's behind what's happening in Israel?!

Not sure. Can you only drink alcohol outside there?

They'll have kept the nail bars closed.

Remember guys, Devi and her pals' Lancet article said #ZeroCovid is good for civil liberties! Nothing at all racist or xenophobic to see here!

Just been told grandson nr 2 and granddaughter nr 5 have had their first jags, too. (He's asthmatic and she's got underlying health problems.) *

ETA: That's me, my wife, our daughter, eldest stepson, stepdaughter nr 3 and grandson nr 3 had both jags and stepdaughter nr 4, grandson nr 2 and granddaughter nr 5 had one. Stepson nr 2 has maybe had1/2 as well as he's a fat f***** and is over 50 but we'll never know, Eldest stepdaughter has maybe had her first one too, must get my wife to ask next time she's speaking to her.

* Particularly pleased that these two have been started.

Edited by Jacksgranda

49 minutes ago, virginton said:

^^^ Tory scum

It is not incumbent on crap UK businesses to see a potentially captive market and hike up prices far beyond their costs. And they'll be punished for their chancing behaviour soon enough with their deserved failure of their business. 

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:

They'll all be back to the "Why does no one just holiday in Scotland" tears next year when its entirely down to their own greed.

24 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The best way to deal with opportunists hiking the prices is simply to hit them in their pockets - don't pay it. 

They'll soon learn their lesson. 

50 minutes ago, virginton said:

^^^ Tory scum

Pretty sure the Macdonald hotel in aviemore or one of the others up there absolutely shafted their employees when covid first happened, making many of the live in staff homeless with no notice. Now its aye come support us, aye will i f**k.

Pretty sure the Macdonald hotel in aviemore or one of the others up there absolutely shafted their employees when covid first happened, making many of the live in staff homeless with no notice. Now its aye come support us, aye will i f**k.
As far as Scotland goes Aviemore is one of my least favourite places, full of arseholes and sees itself as the poster of the highlands when it's pretty shite compared to other places.

5 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Cool where can i book a two week holiday on a self catering basis with a swimming pool that isn’t a caravan park in Scotland for the same money as say a villa in Turkey or spain for 2 weeks? 
eta i’ve just used trip advisor and cant see a single holiday rental that suits my needs for the fortnight i have off in september. None with a pool either. Also average cost is in the region of £2000 for anything suitable and theres absolutely no leisure facilities etc either. 
Also I dont drink or go to ‘all inclusive resorts’  but yes I do want guaranteed sunshine, largely because it greatly benefits my father as his condition responds well to warmer weather etc. 

I think you are basically describing a holiday to Haven or Parkdean.

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I think id rather just spend my annual leave at work than go to either. 

Type Brickhouse Farm Cottages into Google, not Scotland but pretty close and might fit your needs.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Crazy prices. £5k for 2 weeks in Scotland 😔 dont know if shes exaggerating or not but my cousin went to a spa lodge last year and it was £350 she says she checked for the same one later this year and it would be close to £700. I know places are keen to recoup lost money and rightly so, but almost doubling prices is a piss take 

Daughter in law booked a week at a Kielder lodge for last year at £1000, which was refunded. They sent her an email for same lodge this year, now £5085, greedy c***s 

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Was the Coylumbridge Hotel. I've stayed in it a few times as my partner's brother lives in Inverness so we'd often stop off there. Won't be happening again.

Last time I was in Aviemore was 3 years ago. We stopped on our way home from Cullen for Lunch.

I was £20 for 2 coffees and 2 cheese toasties.

About fainted when I got handed the bill.