Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Guest bernardblack
6 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Last time I was in Aviemore was 3 years ago. We stopped on our way home from Cullen for Lunch.

I was £20 for 2 coffees and 2 cheese toasties.

About fainted when I got handed the bill.

That’ll be £24.80

EA51C462-73BB-41FB-9BB6-9C7ED71AD4E5.jpeg

1 hour ago, heedthebaa said:

Daughter in law booked a week at a Kielder lodge for last year at £1000, which was refunded. They sent her an email for same lodge this year, now £5085, greedy c***s 

And I thought doubling the price was bad enough. That is scandalous. I'm sure next year it will be back to £1000 when folk are fcking off to Europe for half the price 

4 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Pretty sure the Macdonald hotel in aviemore or one of the others up there absolutely shafted their employees when covid first happened, making many of the live in staff homeless with no notice. Now its aye come support us, aye will i f**k.

It wasn't McDonald's, they actually provided accommodation for some of those that were kicked out, it was Coylumbridge Hotel that were the c***s.

ETA: See @djchapsticks has beaten me to it.

Edited by strichener

6 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Wonder what the guidelines will be for children who arent vaccinated, surely if both parents are then there’s no need to test a 3 year old on return etc? 

Wouldn't be so sure.

Also what counts as vaccinated - one dose or two? Also the vaccines don't properly kick in for a couple of weeks after the injection (s). Will be interesting to see what route they go down.

I think I'd seen that the EU guidelines were that the second dose must've been received at least two weeks before travel. 

Nothing on children, though. Bearing in mind that the EU has not (at least to my knowledge) approved any vaccine for use in under 18s, I am not sure what they're going to do in that regard. Will kids over a certain age require a PCR test in absence of a vaccination? 

I don’t see what the issue is for allowing people to travel abroad so long as they’re vaccinated and can provide a negative test via LFT before returning.

Before anyone jumps in with Variants we’ve no evidence the existing vaccines do not work against them, if they end up not being as effective reintroduce quarantine at hotels for areas impacted with these.

If you are travelling from a country with essentially zero cases this summer because vaccines have effortlessly stubbed out community infection then nobody in southern Europe is giving a f**k about your single or double dose of vaccine or anything else. You'll be walking in with almost zero questions asked, just like last summer but with a much higher degree of confidence now. 

It would be absolutely hilarious though if the 'ahve got two weans' brigade were actually walled in to Brexit Island throughout 2021 to wallow in the misery that their selfish haranguing of the government throughout 2020 has produced. 

If you are travelling from a country with essentially zero cases this summer because vaccines have effortlessly stubbed out community infection then nobody in southern Europe is giving a f**k about your single or double dose of vaccine or anything else. You'll be walking in with almost zero questions asked, just like last summer but with a much higher degree of confidence now. 
It would be absolutely hilarious though if the 'ahve got two weans' brigade were actually walled in to Brexit Island throughout 2021 to wallow in the misery that their selfish haranguing of the government throughout 2020 has produced. 
Pretty much this going by the Portuguese tourism minister on BBC this morning. Entry rules will be consistent across the EU and appear to be proof of vaccination OR proof of antibody from prior infection OR a negative PCR test result in 48hrs before travel. Going to be no need for vaccination to enter EU nations if what she said was correct. All it needs is 3rd country agreement for the UK which should be a formality.

The under 50s of the UK, and thus I presume most of Europe, will still have to fork out for a PCR test both ways under the current EU proposal in the summer. Once we hit October it becomes less of an issue, at least for the UK population. But for summer, unless you have proof of prior infection, you’ll have to get a PCR test before leaving the UK and presumably will also need one before you come home. At a minimum currently that’s £250ish per head, plus the hassle of figuring out where and how the hell you get tested while abroad.

It isn’t a viable proposal unless we bring the cost of PCR testing down. If there needs to be government subsidies for this then so be it. Or allow the billions of LFTs the UK Government are desperately trying to offload on anyone who’ll take one to be used for this purpose, at least for UK entry.

14 minutes ago, Paco said:

The under 50s of the UK, and thus I presume most of Europe, will still have to fork out for a PCR test both ways under the current EU proposal in the summer. Once we hit October it becomes less of an issue, at least for the UK population. But for summer, unless you have proof of prior infection, you’ll have to get a PCR test before leaving the UK and presumably will also need one before you come home. At a minimum currently that’s £250ish per head, plus the hassle of figuring out where and how the hell you get tested while abroad.

It isn’t a viable proposal unless we bring the cost of PCR testing down. If there needs to be government subsidies for this then so be it. Or allow the billions of LFTs the UK Government are desperately trying to offload on anyone who’ll take one to be used for this purpose, at least for UK entry.

I am beginning to suspect that the binning of shite like this is going to accelerate at quite a pace as we move towards summer. Every bit of data we see int he public domain that relates to vaccines is one bit of spectacular success after another. Its fair to assume that the people in charge who are looking at the broad view of vaccine impact and the shift they cause in cost/benefit of restrictions are seeing it even more than us. Said before, its one way traffic in the fight against covid and todays media seems to have a few reports where the long mooted (by Lovejoys) possibility of a third UK wave is now being dismissed. 

The UK gov will soon be into full on get the economy moving mode. Can only hope that Scot gov are forced into following suit.

My prediction is that at the very worst, Scots will be able to juke on down to an English airport and require no more than a freely available LFT test. 

Additionally, travellers from non-EU countries with a “good” epidemiological situation would also be welcome again. The Commission official added that the epidemiological situation prevails over the existence of a vaccination certificate.

Non-essential travel regardless of individual vaccination status is currently only permitted from 7 countries (We are not currently on said list but would expect to be added in due course)  with a good epidemiological situation. This list is decided by the Council on the basis of epidemiological criteria contained in the current recommendation.

For now, this is still a proposal that has to be discussed by the Member States. The European Commission hopes that they will adopt the proposal by the end of the month.

2 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Just had the Pfizer vaccine, when does the microchip kick in? emoji3166.pngemoji23.png

Last week.

It was tracking you even before you were vaccinated. Bill Gates realised he needed to up his game for the impending divorce settlement.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer