Coronavirus (COVID-19)

17 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I've genuinely just given up even attempting to stick to their pish rules. Was in my local for the first time in over a year tonight and I was actually glad to just see every c**t mingling, hugging, playing pool the full lot.

I'm hoping this is what the pubs are like on Saturday.

Genuinely be gutted if everyone is strapped to a table 10ft away from everyone else, while 90% of folk are vaccinated.

I'm hoping this is what the pubs are like on Saturday.
Genuinely be gutted if everyone is strapped to a table 10ft away from everyone else, while 90% of folk are vaccinated.
It wasn't like it was anything excessive but it was just normal. I work at the mass vaccination centre in Dundee and feel like because of that I've probably been more tolerant of the restrictions than most but I just can't be arsed anymore. The stage we're at now people should just stay in if they're that scared of catching a dose of the sniffles.

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This.

Nobodies been in any serious danger for about a month, nobody is giving a f**k about restrictions any more, yet no fans are allowed at a cup final and its been a complete pig to even get a spot at a pub to watch it.

This past 2 months have honestly just been the biggest waste of life any of us will ever live through. An absolute farce by clueless morons terrified to make a decision because they have zero idea what's happening and why sl instead just guess at whatever sounds best.

Share a lot of the sentiments in that.

I don't think it's true nobody is giving a f**k about restrictions any more though. Plenty of people aren't but plenty still are.

Anyone else finding it strange watching football on the tv without fake crowd noise?

referees getting booed, players getting abuse and the total silence when the home team ships a goal.

it’s more like what we remember as normal but it feels strangely odd at the moment.

12 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

10,000 Geordie bastuds at St James tonight

But we just don't know

Well, if there isn't a mass outbreak in Newcastle in the next fortnight then you fucking ken noo.

The Byker-grove variant?

4 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Loads shot early once again? Who could have foreseen it?

Thats all great news, bet the Scottish government doesnt get to all over 18s by end of june. 

From Private Eye's MD medical column:

IMG_20210519_224113.thumb.jpg.f0ecae2659f15c3000ab5502e0cfd887.jpg

Vainglorious 'Independent SAGE' academics pursuing their egos and ambitions at the expense of the facts, you say?

Can't think who might fall under that category!

46 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

10,000 Geordie bastuds at St James tonight

But we just don't know

Well, if there isn't a mass outbreak in Newcastle in the next fortnight then you fucking ken noo.

If there isn’t a mass outbreak in the next few weeks then there’s really no excuses we can’t have similar crowd capacity up here. 

3 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

If there isn’t a mass outbreak in the next few weeks then there’s really no excuses we can’t have similar crowd capacity up here. 

Why would there be a mass outbreak? they're not sitting beside one another, I'm sure most, if not all with have masks on, and the small matter of it being outdoors where transmission is practically non existent 

Well Morton have secured the grand total of 100 extra tickets for the Wee Dublin End (total 600) for Friday's game. You could have 1000 folk with pneumonic plague in the WDE* and there'd be no risk of transmission, the place is fucking huge and entirely open. 

* And we've had worse manky infestations when Saint Mirren fans came to town.

From Private Eye's MD medical column:
IMG_20210519_224113.thumb.jpg.f0ecae2659f15c3000ab5502e0cfd887.jpg
Vainglorious 'Independent SAGE' academics pursuing their egos and ambitions at the expense of the facts, you say?
Can't think who might fall under that category!
The BBC seem obsessed with these self-appointed egotists.

If the official SAGE isn't negative enough they seem to reinforce a negative message by bringing these c***s on.

8 hours ago, virginton said:

Well Morton have secured the grand total of 100 extra tickets for the Wee Dublin End (total 600) for Friday's game. You could have 1000 folk with pneumonic plague in the WDE* and there'd be no risk of transmission, the place is fucking huge and entirely open. 

* And we've had worse manky infestations when Saint Mirren fans came to town.

Plus you can't book them by phone so loads of folk crowded into a corner of sinclair street at 9am trying to get one.

I see the Lorne Hotel on Sauchiehall Street has gone into administration with the loss of 30 jobs.
https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/19314568.renowned-glasgow-hotel-collapses-administration/
Never stayed there myself, but passed it a lot on the way to and from the west end into the city center on my weekends in Glasgow a few years ago.
Seems to be partly down to an "adverse legal action" against the owners. Wonder what that's all about ?

Was due to have my 1st jag on Sunday. Now self isolating due to being a close contact.

I’m not suggesting the mad 55yo antivaxxer in the office has fucked it for the rest of us, but he does live in Pollokshields and the 4 other people in the meeting with him on Monday also have to isolate...

Was due to have my 1st jag on Sunday. Now self isolating due to being a close contact.
I’m not suggesting the mad 55yo antivaxxer in the office has fucked it for the rest of us, but he does live in Pollokshields and the 4 other people in the meeting with him on Monday also have to isolate...

Shoot him.

9 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
22 minutes ago, Snafu said:
I see the Lorne Hotel on Sauchiehall Street has gone into administration with the loss of 30 jobs.
https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/19314568.renowned-glasgow-hotel-collapses-administration/
Never stayed there myself, but passed it a lot on the way to and from the west end into the city center on my weekends in Glasgow a few years ago.

Seems to be partly down to an "adverse legal action" against the owners. Wonder what that's all about ?

A quick google suggests it has a fairly interesting history. A dodgy Councillor and former owner of the place lost a case in May this year, the same article (although it's the Sun) suggests it was something of a gangsters' hang out place and attention-seeking cretin Katie Price tried to claim she had £100,000 worth of diamond jewellery stolen from there in 2016.