Coronavirus (COVID-19)

19 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Case numbers are NOT going to come down anytime in the next 3 weeks so it will be interesting to see what bluster we get in 3 weeks time for moving all these areas to level 1 or  not.

She did still put emphasis on case numbers by stating some areas should "technically" be level 3 on WHO guidance.  

We shall see.

See this - am I wrong in thinking these case number levels were without a vaccine? Or were they with? 

The BBC live text is saying that the move to level 1 is 12.01am on Saturday. Is this right? - all other level shifts have been 12.01am on a Monday.
The moving of places last time also took effect at midnight on the Friday night.

Would probably have been better to do it from midnight on the Thursday to give the pubs etc a better turn on the Friday.

Noticed a WOS club advertising a friendly for up to 250 people, telling folk to keep a safe distance of 2m and to provide names/numbers for test & protect. What I'm wondering is, if everyone is 2m apart outdoors then is there going to be much transmission happening? And even if it does happen, if someone tests positive a few days later are they going to know exactly who they were standing next to so T&P can tell them to isolate? Especially when you can move about.

Just been informed it’ll be around a 3 hour wait  because there’s not enough vaccinators. 180 minutes to stand about blaming wee Nippy. 200.gif&key=1d7a45bf15f790a019febfe781644373460d02be5b6b654b6efeac1ca3bd1980
I just strolled into my East Dunbartonshire centre and was out within 5 mins. The classy lady administering the vaccine even deemed me a 'young one'. Cloud fucking nine.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

From a (very) quick look I couldn't see much difference between Level 1 and 2. If anyone is more learned on this than myself what are the differences? A few extra venues like soft play areas can open up I guess?

Fairly significant differences for hospitality. The arbitrary 10.30pm curfew is extended to an equally arbitrary (but slightly less draconian) 11.00pm curfew in Tier 1; group sizes 8 from 3 in Tier 1 instead of 6 from 3; and most significantly, the two hour bookings time slots can be binned.

Given the huge number of no shows hospitality is experiencing with people booking multiple pubs / restaurants weeks in advance and then simply not showing up, driving existing customers out after 2 hours to accommodate customers who may not even bother their arses showing up isn’t really ideal for the industry, to say the least. I’d have thought having a higher turnover of customers and forcing them to go to another outlet after 2 hours might result in greater virus dispersion, just as turfing customers out due to an early curfew will likely just result in folk into getting carry outs and going back to flats, houses and other unregulated environments, but what do I know, I just run a pub and I’m not privy to ‘the science’ that apparently compels these decisions. 

I’ve no idea why the Scottish government still subscribes to the view that curfews and 2 hour booking slots make a significant difference to the spread of Covid (England ditched similar restrictions upon hospitality reopening last month, with seemingly little consequence in terms of virus transmission), but micro-managing hospitality and squeezing its margins has been the Scottish government’s modus operandi since the pandemic started, so I assume it will continue to maintain the position that hospitality is just inherently dangerous, just for consistencies sake if nothing else.

Edited by Frankie S

4 minutes ago, Frankie S said:

Given the huge number of no shows hospitality is experiencing with people booking multiple pubs / restaurants weeks in advance and then simply not showing up, driving existing customers out after 2 hours to accommodate customers who may not even bother their arses showing up isn’t really ideal for the industry, to say the least. I’d have thought having a higher turnover of customers and forcing them to go to another outlet after 2 hours might result in greater virus dispersion, just as turfing customers out due to an early curfew will likely just result in folk into getting carry outs and going back to flats, houses and other unregulated environments, but what do I know, I just run a pub and I’m not privy to ‘the science’ that apparently compels these decisions. 

I’ve no idea why the Scottish government still subscribes to the view that curfews and 2 hour booking slots make a significant difference to the spread of Covid (England ditched similar restrictions upon hospitality reopening last month, with seemingly little consequence in terms of virus transmission), but micro-managing hospitality and squeezing its margins has been the Scottish government’s modus operandi since the pandemic started, so I assume it will continue to maintain the position that hospitality is just inherently dangerous, just for consistencies sake if nothing else.

Agree with this. Not sure what 2 hour booking slots does but increase turnover of bodies through the door of multiple pubs, as most people will book 2 or 3 back to back especially at weekends. This to me makes spreading the virus more likely than less

Much better to bin that shite and let people actually relax without clockwatching while out to enjoy themselves.

42 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Solution to this is to not have a wedding that boils down to paying thousands of pounds to pay for your wife's cousins' dinner. 

This. My ex recently got married when it was just 5 folk allowed to be present. Absolutely perfect not having to pay for some hanger ons dinner and drink 

35 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Noticed a WOS club advertising a friendly for up to 250 people, telling folk to keep a safe distance of 2m and to provide names/numbers for test & protect. What I'm wondering is, if everyone is 2m apart outdoors then is there going to be much transmission happening? And even if it does happen, if someone tests positive a few days later are they going to know exactly who they were standing next to so T&P can tell them to isolate? Especially when you can move about.

This giving names and numbers needs to get binned. Even more so when you're having to do it at some two bit "junior" club that was lucky to get 60 folk there in non covid times *

*speaking of the two near me 

37 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Forgot to say that outdoor transmission accounts for less than 1% of cases. 

18 minutes ago, Frankie S said:

Fairly significant differences for hospitality. The arbitrary 10.30pm curfew is extended to an equally arbitrary (but slightly less draconian) 11.00pm curfew in Tier 1; group sizes 8 from 3 in Tier 1 instead of 6 from 3; and most significantly, the two hour bookings time slots can be binned.

Nice one cheers. That's definitely a good change then. They were certainly doing two hour slots in Newcastle at the weekend but they didn't seem to mind if you had booked back to back slots and just let you stay if you had done that. I don't really see the benefit of them myself. unless it's to try and allow as many people as possible to enjoy hospitality but as you say there seem to be a rake of no shows up and down the country which is a shame.

Edited by RiG

1 minute ago, Lurkst said:

The A8 heading for Greenock on Friday...

traffic-jam-queue-queuing-car-wait-slow-

I take it it's not for a weekend in the Strone these folk will be heading ???

2 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:
14 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:
A blue envelope today with a 14th June date for this twenty-something bear.

Unless you are the staunch kind of bear, I hope for your sake your timeslot is not during the Scotland match that afternoon.

Never even realised :lol: 

It's at half-time, I suppose that's something

1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

Solution to this is to not have a wedding that boils down to paying thousands of pounds to pay for your wife's cousins' dinner. 

Sounds like the precursor to a lifetime of posting in the Infuriating Things your Partner Does thread when it's inevitably thrown back in your face every couple of weeks. 

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Sounds like the precursor to a lifetime of posting in the Infuriating Things your Partner Does thread when it's inevitably thrown back in your face every couple of weeks. 

Well in my case, my fiance agrees with me.  I couldn't be arsed with someone absolutely desperate to spend our house deposit on 'vegetarian options' and photographers.

Hopefully CoVID will make folk realise that all this stuff is unnecessary. Though I suspect the opposite will happen and massive amounts will be spent on weddings when the restrictions are eased fully.