Coronavirus (COVID-19)

55 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Self-reported symptoms including fatigue, muscle ache, and difficulty concentrating.

Absolutely hilarious.

That would be me most Sunday mornings.

44 minutes ago, virginton said:

You can quite literally get these symptoms from sitting on your hole in a bad home office setup each day, with no big bad virus required. 

The vast majority of these people of these people are without doubt malingerers, still fuming that their key worker gold stars were lost in the post last year. 

Can confirm, been feeling all of those "symptoms" for months and have always put it down to working at a dining table staring at a laptop all day.

One thing I would say after recovering from COVID - you feel like utter shit for a week or two afterwards but I think much of that is down to being stuck in the house (I couldn’t go outside at all) for up to two weeks. It’s incredibly unhealthy in itself. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

I like Humza Yousaf, but his comments were irresponsible at best, and damn lies at worst. 

He needs dragged in front of parliament to explain why as health secretary, he felt it was suitable to make such an obviously disapprovable statement. If it's now Scottish government policy to make outlandish claims so that we can all cower in terror, then we need to be told about it. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

16 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Can confirm, been feeling all of those "symptoms" for months and have always put it down to working at a dining table staring at a laptop all day.

Likewise. People moving to a hugely sedentary lifestyle feeling a lack of energy and fatigue. Shocking.

But Dr Christine Tait-Burkard, an expert in infection and immunity at the University of Edinburgh, suggested the decision may be “retaliation” in response to European countries requiring Britons to quarantine on arrival.

Asked whether it was a necessary measure, Dr Tait-Burkard said: “Not necessarily in terms of case levels.

“Portugal is still very similar to the UK actually, and so that means the actual risk of going to the country is not necessarily higher than staying in the UK.

As I was saying - purely to appease the UK Government and their weirdo Brexit fetish.

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

Likewise. People moving to a hugely sedentary lifestyle feeling a lack of energy and fatigue. Shocking.

Aye, strangely the times when I've managed to get out running 3 or 4 times a week and gone for walks in the weekend I've felt a lot better. Strange stuff!

We're getting quite a few calls about long covid.   What can you do for me, er well nothing.  Awwhh ok.  
Irrespective of covid the last few years have seen an explosion in the im tired all the time dreadful consultation.  Usually folk that stay at home, are overweight and don't exercise.  The devastation when their bloods are  normal and told to maybe do something is tangible.  That's the vast majority incidentally.
Post viral fatigue is common as everyone knows but there is no way it is many as is being reported in the press.
Furthermore there are plenty of sicklines being issued for long covid.  Fancy a few weeks aff say you're tired with long covid symptoms.
Not everyone is at it but a lot are its a malingerers dream and I include lazy b*****d healthcare staff in that.
Had plenty of staff playing the covid card whilst been seen out and about having a grand time.
I'm an idiot, never off sick, maybe I should get myself a wee break with the long covid.  That's todays take take take society in a nutshell, lack of work ethic, f**k your colleagues, expect everything for f**k all.   

Agree with a lot of what you say. That said if you are never off sick then you are an idiot. People who are genuinely unwell should not be at work, both with regard to their own health and with regard to the health of others.

5 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I'm never off sick because I'm never ill.  Quite an achievement working in primary care.  If I was ill I would go sick as opposed to spreading germs. Am I an idiot for not taking a couple of weeks sick every year when not ill, probably I am, yes.  

Unlike some colleagues I decide not to fake an illness to get some sick time fucking over people you work with and more importantly patients. 

Makes me a mug, totally.

Fair enough. I misunderstood your point.

Apologies.

Edit to add not taking time off when you aren't unwell doesn't make you an idiot in my view. But that's another discussion.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

6 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

There’s a girl at my work with long Covid of sorts.  Her sense of smell is buggered.  Meat smells off to her.  She caught it in October.  So that’s been ages.

That’s pretty much the same thing with me, I had Covid-19 at Christmas, felt absolutely knackered with shortness of breath etc. I’m no longer suffering from the breathing issues but I have almost no sense of smell and a strange metallic taste constantly but apart from that I’m perfectly fine.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Hospitalisations and deaths are rising amongst doubly vaccinated people in direct correlation with cases rising?

Are they?

Where are you getting those numbers?

I too, would like to know this.

There's nothing I've seen showing that double dosed people are rising at the same rate and non-double dosed.

Mind in April when vaccinations slowed down to allow increased prodiction capacity, have we ever actually seen a rise in delivery since then? Speed of vaccination seems to be the flavour of the month atm, but little evidence of it speeding up?

5 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Talking to the wife and she is really worried. I started talking to her about how the vaccines are working and all that but she shut me down.

She isn't scared of the virus, or of getting ill. But she is terrified of another lockdown. She thinks that is another one is announced in the near future she might not be able to cope. I wonder how widespread this view is - totally understandable.

Its tragic that people have had to endure this. Previously easy going folk now living in fear of being locked down again. What a horrible way to live. 

Personally I would dread another lockdown. The 1st one was a month after my Dad died and the isolation and being alone with dark thoughts really was too much to bare. Then the 2nd was during my first Christmas without him. I feel another lockdown would trigger memories of those things 😔

Mind in April when vaccinations slowed down to allow increased prodiction capacity, have we ever actually seen a rise in delivery since then? Speed of vaccination seems to be the flavour of the month atm, but little evidence of it speeding up?

We’re still seeing decent numbers receiving the second dose. I really hope when we catch up to the current first doses receiving 2nd’s we’re blasting 50’000 into the 18-39’s group a day.

Had a wee look at the travelling tabby website, and the breakdown of where these cases is really rather telling.  Of course, there will be an element of younger people being more socially and economically active, but it really does indicate that the vaccinations (esp. two doses) will make the difference.  Just get everyone vaccinated to f**k. 

Screenshot 2021-06-04 193710.jpg

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I’m the exact same, absolutely knackered all the time, but have never tried to claim it as fucking long Covid.

4 hours ago, anotherchance said:

Clownshoes said earlier, in his usual hapless tone, that we're going straight from double dosing everyone into boosters.

There absolutely needs to be a line in the sand, and the idea that it's just going to be a rolling vaccination programme until f**k knows when, suggests there's going to be no such line in the sand.

Hopefully boosters would just be for the elderly and vulnerable as they've taken long enough to get around to everyone. Oh and dont forget the flu vaccine as well. A never ending cycle