Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The SNP obviously hate football fans but they must love the fact that everything other than football flies under the radar in Scotland.

It looks like social distancing is going to remain for the rest of the summer and the main topic of political conversation in the country is whether there should be a beer garden with big screens on Glasgow Green for a couple of weeks. Absolutely small time national mentality. 

1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

He has but he was always going to. Anyone with only a passing knowledge of his political career and personal life knows he lets everyone down.

A bit ott? It's fucking insane!

But it's not your families' fault. Everything stems from the bluntness of the message regarding COVID, which has meant people with serious conditions not going into hospital for fear of catching COVID to vaccinated people wearing face masks to talk to each other.

He has but he was always going to. Anyone with only a passing knowledge of his political career and personal life knows he lets everyone down.

But it's not your families' fault. Everything stems from the bluntness of the message regarding COVID, which has meant people with serious conditions not going into hospital for fear of catching COVID to vaccinated people wearing face masks to talk to each other.

It is insane!

My wife and I don’t allow anyone into our house unless they abandon face masks, greet us in a normal way, abandon all SD and act normally. So far it’s worked and we’ve had no rejections from family, friends or trades people.

Its time to put a stop to this nonsense!!

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I've not been party to the comms as i'm at work. But the wife is in fucking disarray this morning😂

In all seriousness though, shutting it with an hours notice because of an unconfirmed case is batshit mental. 

Expected more of that when they went back in august to be honest. 

Touch wood our bairns school has been covid free since return bar our neighbour having it and her wee boy goes to the same school but not a peep from them when that happened.

My wife would have been quite happy sitting inside from the start with no masks, it's her sister(s). We've been fairly relaxed since our first jag, never mind our second.

8 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The SNP obviously hate football fans but they must love the fact that everything other than football flies under the radar in Scotland.

It looks like social distancing is going to remain for the rest of the summer and the main topic of political conversation in the country is whether there should be a beer garden with big screens on Glasgow Green for a couple of weeks. Absolutely small time national mentality. 

There only needs to be SD if you observe it.

Why can’t you grow up and do your own thing?

Time for mass civil disobedience.

God, you’re all just so compliant!

6 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

It is insane!

My wife and I don’t allow anyone into our house unless they abandon face masks, greet us in a normal way, abandon all SD and act normally. So far it’s worked and we’ve had no rejections from family, friends or trades people.

Its time to put a stop to this nonsense!!

That's as bad as the other extreme.

You can already see the schools descending into even more of a farce when a class is isolated for the fourth/fifth time of the year. It's why the vaccination needs to be given to kids. 

In the meantime some will continue to pontificate about case rates, conveniently or deliberately ignoring mass indoor gatherings full of unvaccinated kids, whilst simultaneously moaning that vaccinated people can still get it, and that we just don't know. 

The ridiculous need for full vaccinated people to isolate when they are pinged by T&T needs to end as well. Otherwise we genuinely never will get out of this. 

Edited by Michael W

22 minutes ago, RiG said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jun/07/dido-harding-defends-test-and-trace-and-says-expectations-too-high

Expectations too high!? You had nearly £40 billion chucked at this lamentable system! You couldn't mark her neck with a blowtorch.

Had no idea she'd stepped down.  Scary thought that she could be in charge of NHS England soon.  Been incompetent in pretty much every job she's had.

Testing system that's the envy of the world.  Do me a favour and FRO.

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

There only needs to be SD if you observe it.

Why can’t you grow up and do your own thing?

Time for mass civil disobedience.

God, you’re all just so compliant!

I'm not going to go to my local pub and demand to stand at the bar like an arsehole or go into my work and get sent home because I refuse to wear a mask. No one complies anymore in private homes or outside but we can't get back to normal unless business owners are free to choose what restrictions they follow without fear of punishment.

4 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Had no idea she'd stepped down.  Scary thought that she could be in charge of NHS England soon.  Been incompetent in pretty much every job she's had.

Testing system that's the envy of the world.  Do me a favour and FRO.

The testing system seems largely decent, to he fair. More than enough capacity and tests per day across the UK are in the high hundred thousands. 

The tracing part is the shit bit. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

'Five-day office week will become the norm again' - BBC News

Another odd piece from our impartial state broadcaster.

Whats the point of this article? Why is it there? There isn't actually a story to be told there, just a platform for various invested individuals to tell people why working at the office is best for them.........

Will it f**k. I moved to a new job earlier this year and was told from the off they now have more people than desks so a return to full time office work will never happen. This will be the common theme especially for city based businesses.

Edited by GiGi

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

Will it f**k. I moved to a new job earlier this year and was told from the off they now have more desks than people so a return to full time office work will never happen. This will be the common theme especially for city based businesses.

I'd be willing to bet that in a year's time the vast, vast, vast majority of city-based office businesses will have their staff in five days a week as before.

Right that's me 10 day's into jag number 2. So by all rights I am as safe as I ever will be, there is nothing more can be done to protect myself or protect the rest of the world from me. 

Let's stop fucking about and accept that most people will live through this thing with little more than mild flu symptoms once we are all fully dosed.

Most of the people dying from it now have some other fairly serious medical condition or are the size of a bus. In both cases if it isn't covid that gets them it will enivitably be something else. 

3 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Will it f**k. I moved to a new job earlier this year and was told from the off they now have more people than desks so a return to full time office work will never happen. This will be the common theme especially for city based businesses.

Theres going to cases where employers trust and respect their employees to work the way that best suits them, but unfortunately too many of the other kind will result in....

Just now, Gaz said:

I'd be willing to bet that in a year's time the vast, vast, vast majority of city-based office businesses will have their staff in five days a week as before.

Gaz being correct. 

50 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

If the comments on the Radio Scotland Facebook page are anything to go by, it’ll be a phone in dominated by joyless morons. 

Sounds like you were right.

Edited by Lurkst

7 minutes ago, Gaz said:

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Theres going to cases where employers trust and respect their employees to work the way that best suits them, but unfortunately too many of the other kind will result in....

Gaz being correct. 

Still doubt it. If businesses want to keep the best staff or hire them there's going to need to be more come and go with flexible working.

4 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Right that's me 10 day's into jag number 2. So by all rights I am as safe as I ever will be, there is nothing more can be done to protect myself or protect the rest of the world from me

Let's stop fucking about and accept that most people will live through this thing with little more than mild flu symptoms once we are all fully dosed.

Most of the people dying from it now have some other fairly serious medical condition or are the size of a bus. In both cases if it isn't covid that gets them it will enivitably be something else. 

Actually there is.  going back into full lockdown would add some protection for you.  It's the government equivalent of wrapping your kids in cotton wool though and there's no need for it.

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Also public opinion no longer matters. All the parties have the same policy on Covid. It has been completely negated as a political issue despite it's huge impact. 

That may change when people realise that getting double jagged hasn't ended this but I see more and more signs that the majority of people are getting comfortable with the New Normal. 

16 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I'm not going to go to my local pub and demand to stand at the bar like an arsehole or go into my work and get sent home because I refuse to wear a mask. No one complies anymore in private homes or outside but we can't get back to normal unless business owners are free to choose what restrictions they follow without fear of punishment.

Appreciate what your saying but there’s lots of little things you can do.

I always offer my hand to shake with anyone I meet. Most times they’ll take it but at least you can cause a little embarrassment.

Once I’m in a supermarket I drop my face mask to well below the nose. Nobody bothers. I get closer to people than the regs. allow.

Lots of little acts of disobedience help to instill the feeling of not being controlled by ‘big brother’.

Its called being human.