Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The amount of people I see on a daily basis wearing a mask while in their own car really makes me wonder their logic, scared to death by clown shoes and the like probably.
I’m now at a stage were if I don’t have a mask on me I don’t really care and would never not go into a shop because I don’t have one. 
I wear a mask going into shop then sometimes forget to take it off when I get in the car - but that's more to do with wearing it 8 hours a day at work- you sort of ignore it after a while.

Good luck to that challenge. Since we're dealing with a health matter I expect the chances of success are basically zero, as it's just a get out of jail free card for the Government. A pity, as their travel policy is an utter joke and based solely on vArIaNtS nonsense whilst the vaccines work against the current variants and the UK also has the variant everyone is cacking their pants about as its dominant strain. 

The church challenge succeeded on the highly dubious grounds that people's rights under the ECHR had been infringed as it prevented them practising their religion. A decision I still find bemusing, to be quite honest. 

Edited by Michael W

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Good luck to that challenge. Since we're dealing with a health matter I expect the chances of success are basically zero, as it's just a get out of jail free card for the Government. A pity, as their travel policy is an utter joke and based solely on vArIaNtS nonsense whilst the vaccines work against the current variants and the UK also has the variant everyone is cracking their pants about as its dominant strain. 

The church challenge succeeded on the highly dubious grounds that people's rights under the ECHR had been infringed as it prevented them practising their religion. A decision I still find bemusing, to be quite honest. 

Suspect you're right and they probably won't win but the more people that challenge the government over any restriction the better.

Suspect you're right and they probably won't win but the more people that challenge the government over any restriction the better.
They are only appealing for the govt to publish how it makes "traffic light" decisions not against the policy itself which seems pointless in itself unless that leads to further action if they force publication and it's nonsense.

Guest Bob Mahelp
10 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Article in the torygraph suggesting government will allow quarantine free travel to amber countries for vaccinated people and their kids in changes on 28th June to allow for travel in late (undefined) July. 

The government have been 'considering' plans to open up international travel for more or less the last 16 months. They've had numerous working groups looking at a myriad of nutcase ways to make us all jump thrtough hoops before and after travelling, but nothing has come to fruition.

The main problem is that public opinion is still very much against opening borders up in any shape or form. The UK has been traumatised to such an extent that people want the country locked and sealed forever. 

Wer can only but hope that the fact the the EU and USA are opening up international travel again forces the government's hand. 

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

I know I shouldn't have but I looked at that thread on twitter and the amount of sycophantic replies she gets is unbelievable. She fucking loves the attention.

Arsehole.

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I know I shouldn't have but I looked at that thread on twitter and the amount of sycophantic replies she gets is unbelievable. She fucking loves the attention.

Arsehole.

She works with WEF?  Isn't that the organisation that conspiracy nutcase on here constantly bangs on about that Blair is associated with?

5 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Arsehole.

That woman Lisa Carver who always appears at the top of her replies, legitimately acts like her guard dog any time anyone questions her. If she was a male, she'd be correctly getting called out for her constant creepy behaviour.

The government have been 'considering' plans to open up international travel for more or less the last 16 months. They've had numerous working groups looking at a myriad of nutcase ways to make us all jump thrtough hoops before and after travelling, but nothing has come to fruition.
The main problem is that public opinion is still very much against opening borders up in any shape or form. The UK has been traumatised to such an extent that people want the country locked and sealed forever. 
Wer can only but hope that the fact the the EU and USA are opening up international travel again forces the government's hand. 
A fair chunk have wanted it locked and sealed albeit in one direction for years. You will see them this summer wearing their UJ emblazoned beach parafanalia on the beaches of Blackpool, Scarborough and Skegness paying royally through the nose for the privilege.

10 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
19 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

A fair chunk have wanted it locked and sealed albeit in one direction for years. You will see them this summer wearing their UJ emblazoned beach parafanalia on the beaches of Blackpool, Scarborough and Skegness paying royally through the nose for the privilege.

But they're now singing from the same hymn sheet as British left liberals, who have adopted psychopaths like Sridhar and Gardasani as their Queen of Hearts. 

6 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

BBC radio and news leading with a report from scientists saying that the recent outbreaks have been driven by younger unvaccinated people. 

And in other news, water is wet.  

What will be quite interesting will be the effect the summer holidays have on cases; a combination of more 2nd doses being completed and kids being off should see the arse fall out of this "wave".  

8 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

BBC radio and news leading with a report from scientists saying that the recent outbreaks have been driven by younger unvaccinated people. 

Give that c**t a Nobel prize. 

Funny that.  People that mix more will spread the virus more.

image.png.80e86f84bfb57ab8c5d609a355c4eeb0.png

Case numbers now above where they were 3 months ago.

image.png.64b426c29b178ce9efaa34849a3beac1.png

Hospitalisations nowhere near it.  In percentage terms it would seem a large increase.  In actual number terms it's about 300 up from the lowest point.

image.png.52e537cf3e500d0d27ef4f372beaf103.png

Yep.  We really look like we're on the brink of a wave of hospitalisations that will break the NHS with all these young people passing the virus to each other.  The irony is they're actually helping the situation now because by mixing and spreading the disease amongst each other they're contributing to the build up of herd immunity and harming sod all in the process.

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

Funny that.  People that mix more will spread the virus more.

image.png.80e86f84bfb57ab8c5d609a355c4eeb0.png

Case numbers now above where they were 3 months ago.

image.png.64b426c29b178ce9efaa34849a3beac1.png

Hospitalisations nowhere near it.  In percentage terms it would seem a large increase.  In actual number terms it's about 300 up from the lowest point.

image.png.52e537cf3e500d0d27ef4f372beaf103.png

Yep.  We really look like we're on the brink of a wave of hospitalisations that will break the NHS with all these young people passing the virus to each other.  The irony is they're actually helping the situation now because by mixing and spreading the disease amongst each other they're contributing to the build up of herd immunity and harming sod all in the process.

BUT WHAT ABOUT LONG . COVID,

STAY.HOME.

4 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Thailand will open up to all visitors in 120 days time if they have been double doses, no quarantine required.  Unless something major happens.

Our Leader, last evening on a live broadcast on all channels, stated 'we have to take the chance, yes, cases will rise, however we can't live like this forever. By that middle of Oct, 70% of the population will have been vaccinated, time to move on'.

Let's hope he keeps his word.

Another sore one for the Zero Covid loonballs as Thailand was a poster child. I wonder how long Australia and New Zealand will take? China are heading that way once they've vaxxed 80% of their population.

56 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Well, they are and it is.