Coronavirus (COVID-19)

There's bound to be folk doing it. Wonder if it's possible for folk to be testing twice even if they test positive, and coming up as 2 positive tests in every weekly update?
I thought it was only PCR tests in the figures? Sure most are doing LFTs at home.

27 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Obviously anecdotal, but the folk I know who had Moderna were fine for the rest of that day, but utterly fucked the next. Staying close to the toilet, with an additional bowl seems to have been the result.

Goodnight sweet Prince x

Season 4 Episode 24 GIF by Friends

11 minutes ago, Matador said:

I’m 26 hours since getting the Moderna. Nothing apart from a dead arm so far. I have kept on waiting on something happening after listening to the hypochondriac that sits near me at work telling everyone how bad a reaction he had to it.

season 1 friends GIF

Will be sure to report back on who is lying - Mark Connolly's mates or Matador.

1 minute ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Season 4 Episode 24 GIF by Friends

season 1 friends GIF

Will be sure to report back on who is lying - Mark Connolly's mates or Matador.

One is a colleague who described the experience as worse than the food poisoning he got in India, so make of that what you will.

That was after his second dose though.

The amount of people I see on a daily basis wearing a mask while in their own car really makes me wonder their logic, scared to death by clown shoes and the like probably.

I’m now at a stage were if I don’t have a mask on me I don’t really care and would never not go into a shop because I don’t have one. 

The amount of people I see on a daily basis wearing a mask while in their own car really makes me wonder their logic, scared to death by clown shoes and the like probably.
I’m now at a stage were if I don’t have a mask on me I don’t really care and would never not go into a shop because I don’t have one. 

I switched to a snood just before winter as I kept losing masks. During the height of winter I’d keep it on my face coming out of shops because it was so bloody warm.

Drove halfway from Perth to Dundee once without realising. Not a chance that’s happening in the summer.

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Liar extraordinaire Hancock says "freedom day will not be delayed beyond 19th July". What's the bets that - A: it will be delayed and B: some new big bad scary varient that we just dont know about will be the reason 🙄

End of the euros variant 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

There's bound to be folk doing it. Wonder if it's possible for folk to be testing twice even if they test positive, and coming up as 2 positive tests in every weekly update?

No. Only PCR tests are counted in the figures reported. 

Edited by Rugster

16 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Liar extraordinaire Hancock says "freedom day will not be delayed beyond 19th July". What's the bets that - A: it will be delayed and B: some new big bad scary varient that we just dont know about will be the reason 🙄

The black fungus that’s doing the rounds in India.  A by-product of the Indian variant apparently.

36 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Politico have seen a document suggesting Freedom Day won't be that free.

https://www.politico.eu/newsletter/london-playbook/politico-london-playbook-living-with-corona-work-from-home-long-term-perspex-screens-scrapped/

It includes a nod towards what now looks like an inevitable tightening of restrictions during the winter. 

Edited by Detournement

5 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Doom monger Deepti now saying that we can’t live with covid and that we shouldn’t accept anyone dying from it.

Given that there are other places "living with covid" quite literally as we speak, what exactly is it about the UK specifically that makes these losers believe doing so here is impossible or intolerable?

Tory MP says he has seen detailed plans for a winter lockdown. 

Makes a fairly obvious point that if it's essential to ensure the NHS isn't overwhelmed the way to do it is by increasing capacity not by shutting down society. 

The way things are going with the NHS it's getting close to the point where it's a method of rationing health care rather than providing it. 

About fucking time: bounced into it by what is happening on the continent and the United States. It will still mean most of July lost, however, if it's not in place by the end of this month.

Also, if they still plan to ludicrously test those fully vaxxed (not mentioned yet) it will continue to put us at a disadvantage to Europe and the US, so it should be straight in the bin.

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Well thanks for that.

Hopefully my toes will uncurl in time for the match on Friday night. :o

Why the HELL did I watch it though. That's the question needing an answer......

Because we just don’t know!!!