Coronavirus (COVID-19)

19 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

People in post viral fatigue shocker. Pre covid times they were called hypochondriacs or it was "all in the mind". Definity the new bad back in that's it's hard to diagnose so GPs will do so anyway and dish out the sick lines 

You would be amazed at how many of my students developed Long Covid, especially around deadlines and exam dates. 

2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I'm a bit groggy already but that may also be down to waking up at 6 and going for a run.

Hoping to be back on form for the Scotland game!

Was AZ for me and I've just woken up from a double afternoon powernap (I usually struggle to sleep at any time during the day).

Went for a walk earlier and felt absolutely zapped midway through.  Aching all over, feeling like a cold is coming on, and (for some unknown reason) cravings for that bubblegum fizzy juice stuff.

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Thats national that one. Seen it on TV the other night. IIRC the advert says, something like "Thats why we're asking you to test twice a week ,even if you are fully vaccinated and not showing symptoms" 

I can't actually remember the reason they are claiming. Some patronising drivel with a patronising drivel jingle about not giving in. Pathetic

Yeah it's the one with the bloke going on about "we've held our heads high, and fought on through, now just for a final push" type shite.

I've heard it on the radio every day for about 6 months now.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I read some labour MP said lifting restrictions now would be "akin to throwing petrol on a fire". Absolute bullshit. With opposition like that is it any wonder the govt is able to make any draconian rules that they like. Spineless b*****ds 

The Shadow Health Secretary, no less...

He is such a weed.

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Swinney was talking last week about an initial extension of emergency powers for 6 months with an optional 6 months if required.

That needs to be voted on.

Do you expect a single SNP MSP to vote against it or is it a formality?

Retweet a picture to Clownshoes for the blubbering meltdown please. 

Ironically I kind of know him. Well I did when I was younger as he went to the same church as my maw. I can confirm, that even back then, he was a total knob

7 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Just joined Moderna club.

season 7 smoke GIF

Obviously anecdotal, but the folk I know who had Moderna were fine for the rest of that day, but utterly fucked the next. Staying close to the toilet, with an additional bowl seems to have been the result.

Goodnight sweet Prince x

Obviously anecdotal, but the folk I know who had Moderna were fine for the rest of that day, but utterly fucked the next. Staying close to the toilet, with an additional bowl seems to have been the result.
Goodnight sweet Prince x

I’m 26 hours since getting the Moderna. Nothing apart from a dead arm so far. I have kept on waiting on something happening after listening to the hypochondriac that sits near me at work telling everyone how bad a reaction he had to it.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tay FM asking folk to test themselves twice a week to "help beat the virus"...

I saw this advert the other day and thought I'd imagined it. "Even if you're fully vaccinated and don't show symptoms you might have coronavirus. Get tested twice a week." Is this a thing? Is anyone doing this? Does anyone expect anyone to do this? Is the entire population supposed to take two tests a week forever?

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I saw this advert the other day and thought I'd imagined it. "Even if you're fully vaccinated and don't show symptoms you might have coronavirus. Get tested twice a week." Is this a thing? Is anyone doing this? Does anyone expect anyone to do this? Is the entire population supposed to take two tests a week forever?

There's bound to be folk doing it. Wonder if it's possible for folk to be testing twice even if they test positive, and coming up as 2 positive tests in every weekly update?