Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

They will obviously go for care home staff first because they aren't unionised then NHS staff then everyone else

😂😂😭😭

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Rightly so. Why bother wasting your time with a Government doing its utmost to bankrupt the industry with ridiculous testing for the fully vaccinated and quarantine policies in place for just about every country on the olanst.

Put the planes where they can fly rather than wait for the Government to stop pishing its pants over non-existent variants as an excuse to effectively bar most its population from travelling. 

We can't be far off being the worst impacted in Europe again... 

You're forgetting the testing theatre is making some Government mates a sweet little earner! There's money to be made in making sure would be hypochondriacs get tested regularly!

I'm honestly scunnered tonight thinking when will all this end? They said 3 weeks to flatten the curve, then it was wait until the elderly and vulnerable are vaccinated, now its wait until everyone is vaccinated, then it will be wait until the elderly/vulnerable have their boosters, then it will be wait until everyone else gets their boosters.

Also this paper the SG are talking about. A fcking paper to tell us about normal life? Fck off with a new normal, we need pre Mar 2020 normal. No excuses. 

5 minutes ago, Elixir said:

The Scottish and UK Governments, and the VL scientists who advise them, must surely be laughing at us.

I dont agree with the part about those yet to be vaccinated having to wear a mask, but aye it makes us look fcking Bush league. 

What's our vaccination number so far for both doses. More than 70%?

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'm honestly scunnered tonight thinking when will all this end? They said 3 weeks to flatten the curve, then it was wait until the elderly and vulnerable are vaccinated, now its wait until everyone is vaccinated, then it will be wait until the elderly/vulnerable have their boosters, then it will be wait until everyone else gets their boosters.

Also this paper the SG are talking about. A fcking paper to tell us about normal life? Fck off with a new normal, we need pre Mar 2020 normal. No excuses. 

I know exactly how you feel and I sympathise mate.

I think your few sentences basically sum up precisely how most of us feel tbh, regardless of how we’ve treated the virus from the start and respected all the efforts by everyone over the past 15 months. 

I could have put my foot through the telly with that shitey wishy-washy language by NS today.

A paper to outline what life will look like beyond level zero? - f**k off
I will never commit to an acceptance that we just have to live with the virus as that's disrespectful to the dead? - Pish, no it isn't.
Please don't put words in my mouth, I never said 10 more weeks - Well your medical advisor did so you want to have words.

The level of caution being exercised is absolutely pathetic and beyond needless now. I mentioned around a year ago that they are content to kick the can down the road indefinitely and be the very last place to open up fully if need be, just so they are seen to never be too hasty in what they are doing.

Nationally, we are ruled by varying levels of right-wing scumbags in London who will continually f**k us over to line their own pockets and locally, we're run by a team of snivelling, patronising shitebags who are increasingly taking steps that scream 'Nanny State'.

8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I dont agree with the part about those yet to be vaccinated having to wear a mask, but aye it makes us look fcking Bush league. 

What's our vaccination number so far for both doses. More than 70%?

For 1 dose it is 79.4%

Both doses is at 57.4%

19 minutes ago, Elixir said:

The Scottish and UK Governments, and the VL scientists who advise them, must surely be laughing at us.

Sickening looking at that while here despite all of the vulnerable being double dosed we may or may not be able to have ‘greater normality’ as laid out in an SG ‘paper’ at some unknown point in the future.

As we can’t be too careful about variants and long covid.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

So you would support a compulsory vaccination program in Scotland, where people are forced against their will, with no excuses not to be vaccinated?

If it's a stupidity vaccine f**k aye!

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Nationally, we are ruled by varying levels of right-wing scumbags in London who will continually f**k us over to line their own pockets and locally, we're run by a team of snivelling, patronising shitebags who are increasingly taking steps that scream 'Nanny State'.

Be careful with the truth.  In modern Scotland you have to pick one side or the other otherwise both sides will hate you.

I happen to agree with you though and would happily launch them all into the sun for being pathetic and not serving the public at all.  The whole lot of them have, and continue to, let us down to serve their own interests.

17 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I could have put my foot through the telly with that shitey wishy-washy language by NS today.

I will never commit to an acceptance that we just have to live with the virus as that's disrespectful to the dead? - Pish, no it isn't.
Please don't put words in my mouth, I never said 10 more weeks - Well your medical advisor did so you want to have words.

The level of caution being exercised is absolutely pathetic and beyond needless now. I mentioned around a year ago that they are content to kick the can down the road indefinitely and be the very last place to open up fully if need be, just so they are seen to never be too hasty in what they are doing.

who said that? Seems a bizarre statement to make when it looks clear thats exactly what we will have to do at some level

Edited by BigDoddyKane

6 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

who said that? Seems a bizarre statement to make when it looks clear thats exactly what we will have to do at some level

DRoss at FMQs today asked a three of four pronged question and his final part was 'Will the FM accept that at some point, we will have to simply move forward and learn to live with this virus?'

The answer she fired back with included this statement but it seems to have been largely glossed over as the first parts of the answer she gave, picked up on things that were more of interest such as the denial of a 10 week period, cancer treatment backlogs and 'greater levels of normality beyond zero'.

I think to be more precise, her wording was that she wasn't a fan of terminology such as 'learning to live with the virus' as that comes off as dismissive of the situation to families who lost loved ones.

It's honestly fucking warped the levels of eggshells these people will avoid treading on instead of just speaking plainly, concisely and treating people like adults.

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

DRoss at FMQs today asked a three of four pronged question and his final part was 'Will the FM accept that at some point, we will have to simply move forward and learn to live with this virus?'

The answer she fired back with included this statement but it seems to have been largely glossed over as the first parts of the answer she gave, picked up on things that were more of interest such as the denial of a 10 week period, cancer treatment backlogs and 'greater levels of normality beyond zero'.

I think to be more precise, her wording was that she wasn't a fan of terminology such as 'learning to live with the virus' as that comes off as dismissive of the situation to families who lost loved ones.

It's honestly fucking warped the levels of eggshells these people will avoid treading on instead of just speaking plainly, concisely and treating people like adults.

Yup, 100%. I was going to ask if she honestly said that as well. It's from the same school of nonsense that 'elimination' now means 'low level endemicity' which the likes of her and Devi are telling themselves now reality has struck. Like you say, instead of an adult debate, they have simply pivoted by rebranding their position to keep the Lovejoy's sweet. Pathetic.

8 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Yup, 100%. I was going to ask if she honestly said that as well. It's from the same school of nonsense that 'elimination' now means 'low level endemicity' which the likes of her and Devi are telling themselves now reality has struck. Like you say, instead of an adult debate, they have simply pivoted by rebranding their position to keep the Lovejoy's sweet. Pathetic.

I also liked how aghast she was when someone dared to ask about Leitch’s 10 weeks delay comments as if they had come from someone off the street.

I personally have no idea how statements by the national clinical director who has been wheeled out daily as a government mouthpiece for the last 16 months could possibly be taken as Scot Gov policy.

It quite clearly isn't, given that other GP practices in the same tier level are doing the exact same procedure for consultation as before instead.
A quite obvious logical fallacy then, but feel free to keep digging that enormous hole for yourself.
This is the advice from my own GP.

That clearly is a restriction.

Screenshot_20210616-075225_Chrome.jpg

7 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

wishiest washiest shite ever said by any c**t ever, fuckin hell nicola 

death is a fact of life. should we not accept to living with cancer or diabetes or road traffic accidents as thats disrespectful ?  come oan tae f**k 

8 hours ago, Elixir said:

😂😂😭😭

You're forgetting the testing theatre is making some Government mates a sweet little earner! There's money to be made in making sure would be hypochondriacs get tested regularly!

Isn't it just. Four tests needed for amber list countries - prior to leaving, 72hrs prior to return, test by day 2 od arrival and the day 8 test. 

You can also if you want to pay for a private PCR test to release your quarantine. Get vaccinated and you can get back to normal, they said, except you still have to go through this shambles anyway. 

A complete and utter racket. 

Guy at my work has just done a return trip to Finland, where he is from, and said he was about £400 for testing in total - and that was even with him not having to pay for a pre-departure test because he's double vaccinated.

As far as the GP stuff goes I had to go to my NHS Tayside GP at the height of lockdown in February/March - it was an on the day phone consultation and they then saw me in surgery two days later. I then had a referral to hospital about ten days later and test results back a week later. All very efficient but obviously the picture is different across the country.

It is a bit frustrating today seeing all these other countries/US states opening up on vaccine figures that are at/below what we've achieved already. The big question I have for the people in charge is what exactly is going to be better beyond, say, three weeks from now that will change things? Looking at the current numbers of vaccines and the trajectory they're on we'll be at about 90% of adults with at least one dose and probably in the region of 70% of adults double dosed by early-mid July. The 20% who are still to receive their second dose will be getting it fired into them at a rate of knots and will be the least vulnerable cohort in any event.

At that stage literally all we can do is encourage the last small group of people who haven't yet had the vaccine to get it - but ultimately you can't force it on them. If they make a choice not to have it then so be it. But once we  hit that level of vaccination - and knowing what we do so far about its impact on reducing illness on all known variants to date - what is going to happen beyond then that will protect us any more than we already are? From then on the restrictions either have to go completely or we'll be in a position of saying they're here for good.

Frankly, if we get two weeks from now and the hospital numbers haven't gone above 150/200 even with 1000 cases a day we should be taking that as proof of the vaccine doing its job and as a reason for relaxing further and giving an end point for all restrictions in the immediate future.

Edited by Jamie_Beatson