Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

we will be looking for some sympathy from those who are owed money but it could be in short supply.

My mortgage provider keeps asking me if I would like like to reduce my payments "during this difficult time for many".

Nice people and absolutely nothing to do with making more money as a result of interest on a higher balance, I'm sure.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Half the trade places in Perth are opening up again today after saying theyd be shutting for weeks 😂

Absolute NAP your big garages will also reopen before the end of the week when they discover the smaller ones are getting all the work.

Absolute farce.

This is why the closures should be mandatory, to stop ANY business in ANY sector practicing predatory trading.

5 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Times like this when my refusal to take out loans (mortgage being the only exception) seemed like a very good idea.   'Save up the money until you can buy it outright' has always been my approach as I've seen what sudden loss of income can do to countless others with car loans etc in the past.

As my dear (aforementioned) granny used to say "if you don't have the money, you can't afford it"

Smug as a very smuggy thing.  :lol:

And quite right. 

I haven’t been on this thread the whole time, so this has probably been asked before but what do we think “Covid-19” actually is? A virus because some rotter ate a bat? Or man made in some sort of Germ Warfare attack?
CoViD-19 is the disease (coronavirus disease 2019), the virus is SARS-CoV-2.

Guest JTS98
6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Half the trade places in Perth are opening up again today after saying theyd be shutting for weeks 😂

Absolute NAP your big garages will also reopen before the end of the week when they discover the smaller ones are getting all the work.

Absolute farce.

This is madness.

Completely missing the point of what is going on. It's really incredible.

Does the UK not have access to news from other countries or something?

4 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Currently at work, our directors are having a meeting to decide on whether we're essential or not.

My last days tomorrow so not too arsed 😂

Sorry to hear that mate. 

Your wife, tidy is she? 

Working in the gas n leccy industry its hard to fathom what the right thing to do is for some people.

Left open (IMO the correct decision) for everything - including home movers, General Enquiries such as how much in my bill, whats my DD and can u enter my meter reading.
Emergencies for pay as u go meters are open which should be number 1 priority - anyone on the Priority services register or paygo are most effected.

interesting times ahead for the companies.

This is madness.
Completely missing the point of what is going on. It's really incredible.
Does the UK not have access to news from other countries or something?

The real madness will come a few months down the line when all this has to be paid for and companies close and redundancies and pay cuts start to really kick in.

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

Shop is fairly busy. Kingsway is fairly busy.
Carry on like normal

Is Tesco restocking toilet roll, hand wash, paracetamol, etc. and it’s going out just as fast or are they not bothering even restocking?

1 minute ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

The real madness will come a few months down the line when all this has to be paid for and companies close and redundancies and pay cuts start to really kick in.

This might happen for some companies that are really badly hit, but I think a three week break will really help.  Most companies should be able to pick up from where they left off.

Shop is fairly busy. Kingsway is fairly busy.
Carry on like normal

This is going to require an officially declared lockdown. I get why the governments of the UK have hesitated from using the word, but it’s going to have to come eventually. People really are fucking clueless. If life is going on as normal for them, they’re part of the problem.