Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

I thought the vaccination programme and the millions which have been put into it was a way of "protecting vulnerable minorities"?

These people are genuinely unhinged.

The only reason I've posted this here is that this tweet has been given the time of day by Peston. 

An actual journalist retweeting these delusional ramblings. 

Just now, invergowrie arab said:

My work have carried out HS risk assessment for all staff and have provided us with equipment like laptops, phones, dongles, risers, chairs etc for home working.

Gutter for blue bear 

We were allowed up to £500 to spend on equipment that the firm would reimburse. 

Superb sponging IMO. 

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

We were allowed up to £500 to spend on equipment that the firm would reimburse. 

Superb sponging IMO. 

We got around £350.  Didn't have to expense it though.  Got a voucher to spend directly with the companies supplier.  Desks and chairs were supplied separately to those that wanted them.

6 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

My work have carried out HS risk assessment for all staff and have provided us with equipment like laptops, phones, dongles, risers, chairs etc for home working.

Gutter for blue bear 

Tax write offs.

July 19, the rules have gone. Nowhere to hide. Give it six months and it could well be Giro time. 

1 hour ago, KingswellsRed said:

Is it just me or has Nicola been unusually quiet since the details of England’s plans started to leak out

She'll be wanting to cry because she'll look reckless to the Lovejoy's when she's forced to acquiesce in opening up with the highest 'case rates' in Europe. Better keep those masks - just in case!

It actually shows the utter nonsense of thinking a bit of cloth over yer gub on the bus or in Tesco will be doing anything whatsoever when bars, restaurants and clubs are packed, and there will be thousands at gigs and sports events ffs. heh.png

She'll be wanting to cry because she'll look reckless to the Lovejoy's when she's forced to acquiesce in opening up with the highest 'case rates' in Europe. Better keep those masks - just in case!
It actually shows the utter nonsense of thinking a bit of cloth over yer gub on the bus or in Tesco will be doing anything whatsoever when bars, restaurants and clubs are packed, and there will be thousands at gigs and sports events ffs. heh.png&key=a6e087fdded082e88106651c0a0a810f02257eeeaf9bf0ddd89dbe80c980cd6c
Forbes confirmed today the review announcement will be on 13 July ahead of L0 on 19th.

8 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

BBC News - Covid in Scotland: Restrictions to end as planned
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-57732436

Good to see ending restrictions on stadium crowds specifically mentioned

Not only that but going to Level 0 on July 19 in line with England - money tree bear? 🐻

Edited by btb

14 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

BBC News - Covid in Scotland: Restrictions to end as planned
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-57732436

Good to see ending restrictions on stadium crowds specifically mentioned

This seemed like quite good news.  The rate of infection may be rapidly slowing.

On Monday, there were 2,372 new cases of Covid confirmed in Scotland. Last week saw the most Covid-19 cases than at any point during the pandemic, with a peak of 4,234 new infections recorded on 1 July.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:
They will also tell you to buy it off the money your saving from no commute to word 5 days a week.
Contracts getting re-written as we speak.

Eh no they won't, it should all be provided.

Oh, they'll try it on, and with the non-unionised state of the modern workforce ('cos left-wing dinosaurs, innit?) they'll largely get away with it. I just hope the GBP thinks getting it right up Corbyn/Sturgeon has been worth it when they're literally working for food. 

Dunno who the virologist was on Radio Scotland this morning but he was quite good. 
Says basically masks are neither here nor there. Every little helps but it should be up to individuals to manage their own risk eg getting on a busy train he would choose to put one on.

Yeah I’d say that’s fair. Your less at risk shopping first thing or late at night when shops are empty. Probably more likely to be at risk when packed out during the afternoon rushes.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Aside from getting a hassle free pint and getting back to the fitba, one of the joys of the removal of restrictions will be the eventual end of obsessive freaks on this thread (you know who you are) continually using cringeworthy phrases like 'lovejoys' and 'fire it into the sea'. 

God knows what else they'll find to be OCD about, but I hope I never discover it. 

Lovejoy's GTF. jj.png

Posted at 12:27

'I won't wear a mask after 19 July '

c2293060-8218-4892-b1ef-1c3f540ae683.png

BBC Radio 5 Live

5 Live have been hearing listeners' responses to the yesterday's announcement from the Prime Minister around masks.

Boris Johnson says mandatory mask-wearing in England will end on 19 July.

There have been a range of views on the protective measure, but one 5 Live caller, Iqbal, reveals he's "very happy" that the government wants to lift some Covid restrictions, especially as there are high-rates of vaccination across the country.

He explains that he won't be wearing a mask on public transport after 19 July,

Copyright: BBC

Talking to Nicky Campbell, he says: "If you want me to wear a mask, you can get off the bus and walk to work... I'm suggesting that the better course of action would be for you to sit somewhere else, or to get off the bus.

"People need to take responsibility for their own lives, they can't tell other people [what to do] to make themselves feel better," he adds.

Just now, Abdul_Latif said:

Javid in the commons confirming double vaccinated folk won’t have to isolate if tracked and traced. Just take a test and if you’re negative you go on your way.

PCR test or LF test?