Coronavirus (COVID-19)

43 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You don't think vaccines are making a difference?

Of course they are but they dont 100% stop you either getting covid or passing it on. Asking someone to prove their vaccine status is pure theatre and seen to show the venue "cares" 

50 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Once the laws are changed anyone asking me to wear a mask, take a test or prove vaccine status won't be getting my business.  There will be plenty other places to spend my money that won't have restrictions of any kind. 

A heroic stand. Are you going to refuse to wash your hands or cover your mouth when you cough? 

Great to hear that the restrictions are at last going, but nothing mentioned about a recovery programme for the five million backlog on NHS waiting lists and what is to be done with the back log of cancer sufferers and all those suffering from other life threatening illnesses that have missed out on diagnostics and treatment and every day more with symptoms needing diagnosed and treated. 

NHS remains under resourced and in crises and this needs challenged and rectified as a matter of urgency or sufferers will simply and needlessly succumb to their illness. 

The shit show that was the management of Covid and the damming statistics, is only part of the picture. Covid is not going away, but at least at this point in time fatalities and serious illness from it has reduced to manageable levels, but what of the masses suffering from other life threatening illness.? A few not so comforting words over a telephone will sort it right?! 

For many, without a coherent and effective plan to deal with it, this winter will be little better than the last. 

No surprises that government are staying stoom on the issue both north and south of the border. They couldn't manage a corner shop. 

17 minutes ago, Left Back said:

"By up to half" makes me think of the DFS sale. 

If vaccinated people are still transmitting the virus it completely destroys the case for vaccine passports. 

56 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Once the laws are changed anyone asking me to wear a mask, take a test or prove vaccine status won't be getting my business.  There will be plenty other places to spend my money that won't have restrictions of any kind. 

Hope you get a lovely caravan at BurntisIand for your holidays!

32 minutes ago, Detournement said:

There are plenty of double vaccinated people testing positive and obviously more who are asymptomatic.

There is still no concrete data about vaccinated transmission.

25 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

image.thumb.png.ccdc8554c1b87a653ba0ecdd6e9b8ae4.png

Aye, ok.

19 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Think it's for the best that you just sit this one out, Tourney.

We'll give you a shout when the WEF comes back around.

I caught the tail end of some music promoter on morning TV saying his gigs wont need people to wear masks, but they will require vaccine status or LFT. Really wish someone had pulled him up and said those 2 things are just as much theatre as a mask is. 
Pulled him up for what exactly. His business, he can decide on whatever restrictions he wants. Your missing the point of yesterday's announcement totally. It's personal choice and if he says no one gets into his gigs without vaccine proof then so be it. Then your personal choice whether to go to that gig under those conditions. It wasn't a change to OUTLAW masks, SD, vaccine proof etc !

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Am I the only one that seems confused by the relentless pursuit of some on here to find people’s views on Twitter that they  fundamentally disagree with?  To then paste them on here followed by screeds of condemnation seems like an odd hobby.

No, you're not the only one. 

This thread started.....and continued for a long time....as an interesting read filled with mostly useful discussion and information.  In the last few montrhs it's descended into madness as half a dozen obsessed nutters scream daily abuse at anyone in the public (or non public) eye who posts, writes or says anything they disagree with. 

It long lost its usefulness. Now this thread is only good for the comedic value of people imploding. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

6 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

This thread started.....and continued for a long time....as an interesting read filled with mostly useful discussion and information.  In the last few montrhs it's descended into madness as half a dozen obsessed nutters scream daily abuse at anyone in the public (or non public) eye who posts, writes or says anything they disagree with. 

It long lost its usefulness. Now this thread is only good for the comedic value of people imploding. 

I'd be far more worried if nobody was challenging or vocally disagreeing with various aspects around this, given the gravity of the subject matter we're discussing - would argue it's never been more important to challenge the thinking of both policy makers and influencers.

It's theraputic laughing at the likes of Devi and independent SAGE nutters either completely backtracking on their shite they've spouted for months, or continuing with the same nonsense in the face of a constant flow of logic and evidence which suggests they're wrong.

Thought this was interesting

ICTChris said it earlier in the thread, but the biggest disappointment of the past month has been a fairly sluggish vaccine programme. Whether there are famed "supply issues" I'm not sure, but it's the way out of this. 

Weird seeing Scotland taking a kicking in some of these online Twitter threads ("another Scktkand"being shorthand for bad). Very high case numbers against population I'll grant, but hospitals are not collapsing and neither are we seeing huge numbers of deaths. Especially with the Delta variant causing panic as well - the benefit of a highly vaccinated population is showing up very well. 

40 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
50 minutes ago, coprolite said:
A heroic stand. Are you going to refuse to wash your hands or cover your mouth when you cough? 

Yes because that's the same.

I was only laughing at him, not making a coherent point

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Am I the only one that seems confused by the relentless pursuit of some on here to find people’s views on Twitter that they  fundamentally disagree with?  To then paste them on here followed by screeds of condemnation seems like an odd hobby.

I'd say that posting on the 'General Nonsense' section of a Scottish football forum also seems like an odd hobby, yet here you are anyway.

47 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

A truly laughable 'analysis', coming from the clown who just yesterday was trying to blame 'Boris Johnson and India!' for the fact that cases are multiple times higher in Scotland than they are in Wales under the exact same border regime, and claimed that everyone was in favour of the big TA super-spreader jaunt to London when they were not.

Let us know when you start contributing useful information, as opposed to your political shill nonsense.

Edited by vikingTON