Coronavirus (COVID-19)

45 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

My work have carried out HS risk assessment for all staff and have provided us with equipment like laptops, phones, dongles, risers, chairs etc for home working.

Gutter for blue bear 

As they should do. What the imaginary tycoon doesn't understand is that H&S is very much a two-way street, with employers having many duties under the HASAWA. 

3 hours ago, Frank Sobotka said:

IMG_20210706_085204.jpg.0c44cc3ddf1716a24083decbbc95ac42.jpg

This made me chuckle far more than it should have. From the initial assessment, every fucking line just builds the enjoyment. especially the number of RTs and likes. There really are a lot of morons out there. 

Health Secretary Sajid Javid announces people aged under 18 who are a close contact of a positive COVID case will no longer have to self-isolate from 16 August For more on this and other news visit https://t.co/8OWd2TvLrt

Ideal for keeping the kids at school and getting an education. Sons last year at primary school. Was meant to be on a 2 year transition period to high school. Make the most of this year it is.

Grandstanding over not wearing a mask once they're no longer mandatory is oddball, wee guy, behaviour.

Wear a mask. Don't wear a mask. Nobody cares. You're hardly Claudette Colvin for going into a shop without one.

1 minute ago, Robin.Hood said:

Health Secretary Sajid Javid announces people aged under 18 who are a close contact of a positive COVID case will no longer have to self-isolate from 16 August For more on this and other news visit https://t.co/8OWd2TvLrt

Ideal for keeping the kids at school and getting an education. Sons last year at primary school. Was meant to be on a 2 year transition period to high school. Make the most of this year it is.

In England

Just now, yoda said:

Grandstanding over not wearing a mask once they're no longer mandatory is oddball, wee guy, behaviour.

Wear a mask. Don't wear a mask. Nobody cares. You're hardly Claudette Colvin for going into a shop without one.

I said something similar on Twitter last night, if you continue to wear one, fine, if you don't, fine.

I don't mind wearing a mask for a little bit longer even if they aren't needed. Equally I have no issue with folk wanting to lob them in the bin as soon as they don't have to wear one. Just do what makes you feel comfortable I guess.

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

Hopefully Scotland follows suit, but maybe we won't as we care more and we now have a health minister that lies about potential for kids to get seriously ill if you travel outwith your area to take them to soft play.

Of course all the data says otherwise but we just don't know.

It’s a dangerous line to tread as time goes on to not have any benefit of that sort to getting the vaccine.

If some folk in the general public can’t see any difference to their daily life in getting it they might not bother.

1 minute ago, Abdul_Latif said:

It’s a dangerous line to tread as time goes on to not have any benefit of that sort to getting the vaccine.

If some folk in the general public can’t see any difference to their daily life in getting it they might not bother.

I thought it was common knowledge plenty people were not turning up to get the vaccine. I know certainly has been in Dundee. ( shock we are number 1 in Europe right now ). 

Schools have an extra week off this summer  😞 

24 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Javid in the commons confirming double vaccinated folk won’t have to isolate if tracked and traced. Just take a test and if you’re negative you go on your way.

When does this start from?  Mate of mine in Essex got pinged to isolate yesterday.

1 minute ago, Robin.Hood said:

I thought it was common knowledge plenty people were not turning up to get the vaccine. I know certainly has been in Dundee. ( shock we are number 1 in Europe right now ). 

Schools have an extra week off this summer  😞 

Not to dismiss reports of low numbers showing up in certain areas, but this is the case in all the university towns because so many envelopes are going to addresses people have long since moved on from.

Guest TheJTS98
33 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Aside from getting a hassle free pint and getting back to the fitba, one of the joys of the removal of restrictions will be the eventual end of obsessive freaks on this thread (you know who you are) continually using cringeworthy phrases like 'lovejoys' and 'fire it into the sea'. 

God knows what else they'll find to be OCD about, but I hope I never discover it.

Almost always the same punters that think typing a word LikE  ThiS! to parody people they disagree with makes their point more withering.

It's just brutal patter and almost certainly a sign of someone that gets their views from Twitter/this thread.

Javid in the commons confirming double vaccinated folk won’t have to isolate if tracked and traced. Just take a test and if you’re negative you go on your way.
That's a later relaxation, mid August announced.

WTF was Javid thinking about announcing modelling of 100k cases a day by end of this month, WTF ! It prompted the obvious question what's your modelling for hospital and deaths on those enormous numbers to which he idioticly replied they hadn't modelled for those yet. It's as clear as night following day that the first question that would prompt would be hospital admissions and deaths.