Coronavirus (COVID-19)

From the Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/24/covid-coalition-government-considered-by-senior-conservatives

It reluctantly allowed Sadiq Khan, the Labour mayor of London, into Cobra meetings in recent weeks. He revealed on Tuesday that there had been disagreement over whether construction sites should be shut, with the prime minister resisting such a move.

One can’t be underestimated how crazy this clip is, the woman talking about her day of leisure that her husband couldn’t join her on because he is recovering from a stroke! [emoji3]

Great account to follow as well.

12 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Last Wednesday:  Pope asks God to stop the Coronavirus.

Today:  At least 60 priests have died due to Covid-19 in Italy as of Tuesday morning.

TFtZvuHxmBx1.gif

708D08C2-6843-454E-A44C-727BA7DBB9FD.jpeg.1c8bf7a4f2e5a389e52bc11a9c09ee23.jpeg.e48c2d81fb7fee4efee23c9066966101.jpeg

You don't necessarily need to have a fever:
https://www.newscientist.com/article/2238473-you-could-be-spreading-the-coronavirus-without-realising-youve-got-it/

Not sure if I have this virus or just the normal shitey flu but I do have something. Cracking sore head on and off for the last couple of days, sore all over, cough, done the hold breath test, can't get above 6 seconds, sore across chest area and difficulty breathing. Thing is there is no lasting fever,  plenty feeling hot/cold but no drenching in sweat type scenarios. Must just be a shitey wee cold, better man the f**k up then.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

From the Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/24/covid-coalition-government-considered-by-senior-conservatives

It reluctantly allowed Sadiq Khan, the Labour mayor of London, into Cobra meetings in recent weeks. He revealed on Tuesday that there had been disagreement over whether construction sites should be shut, with the prime minister resisting such a move.

So they have just decided to give conflicting information on the subject to leave the entire industry not having a fucking clue what’s going on. Classy. 

33 minutes ago, Paganshoplifter said:

Correct you may have it and not have any symptoms, pass it on and kill some c**t. 

6 hours ago, mwellhighland said:

Well this lockdown is a total joke ain't it.

I had to go to work as normal; my walk takes me through Holyrood Park and on the way home at the back of 6 it was legit the busiest I've seen it this year. Even c***s up Arthurs Seat. 

We need stricter measures...keep exercise to within a half mile of your home and force all non-essential businesses to close. I can't work from home but I still need to go to work preparing online orders of non-essential hobby items. Considering just not going in as it's clear from what Nicola said below that we need to close....no?

I went to Holyrood Park yesterday evening.  It was a lovely walk. People were really good - making sure they maintained a good distance from each other and passing on the grass verges. Didn't go up Arthur's Seat but walked round . 

Some joggers running together were the only examples I saw that you could argue weren't in clear family groups and were too close. Might live together though, who knows.

All safe and following the social distancing guidelines perfectly. Was nice to see. 

If everyone in my area exercised within half a mile of our homes it would literally be congested streets, which would be absolutely fucking stupid versus a giant expanse of grass.

Edited by Bairn Necessities

2 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

I went to Holyrood Park yesterday evening.  It was a lovely walk. People were really good - making sure they maintained a good distance from each other and passing on the grass verges. Didn't go up Arthur's Seat but walked round . 

Some joggers running together were the only examples I saw that you could argue weren't in clear family groups and were too close. Might live together though, who knows.

All safe and following the social distancing guidelines perfectly. Was nice to see. 

If everyone in my area exercised within half a mile of our homes it would literally be congested streets, which would be absolutely fucking stupid versus a giant expanse of grass.

Had a good walk around the park on Sunday. One of the paths around St Anthony's Chapel had signs up blocking entrance because 2m between people was impossible. The signs had been moved but the thought was there. 

4 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Had a good walk around the park on Sunday. One of the paths around St Anthony's Chapel had signs up blocking entrance because 2m between people was impossible. The signs had been moved but the thought was there. 

Didn't see this but some of the 'falling rocks ones blocked an ascent. 

Can't comment on those who went further up - that is probably too narrow at points and should be avoided. Holyrood Park is a great place to go for your one-a-day in this lockdown though. As is Silverknowes. Pretty much anywhere that has wide open land and no narrow access ways.

Edited by Bairn Necessities

8 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Enjoyed the Orbital Sander segment.

Thank You

Yes, It's one construction site that everyone  will have their hard on hats. 

Edited by SlipperyP