Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No so long as youre both vaccinated. 

We are, yes. Well we have one jag and have had virus which is "fully vaccinated" here and gets you the full Covid pass thing. Hoping that's ok.

See what I mean about not being updated yet...

136517575_Screenshot(17).thumb.png.63ca1ded81e903be55e5e724fd390dc9.png

ETA- , it has updated when you click to site

Edited by jimbaxters

12 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I'm with Ryanair. Through the website?

Go straight to the Randox site, choose the day 2 test, on checkout put FLYRYANAIR in the discount box, drops from £48 to £43 which is better than nothing.. If you have the EU covid passport you should be fine.

Edited by welshbairn

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Go straight to the Randox site, choose the day 2 test, on checkout put FLYRYANAIR in the discount box, drops from £48 to £43 which is better than nothing.. If you have the EU covid passport you should be fine.

Fantastic man, thanks. Found it. I'll get them sent to my boy's place ready for us arriving. I booked the bare flight last night with no bags etc as I'm still a wee bit concerned about the one jab thing but reckon you're right about the EU passport. I'll just put my big boy pants on and go for it.

Thanks to you and @Inanimate Carbon Rod for your help. Above and beyond the forum call of duty lads. Will never slag this thread again! 😉

Edited by jimbaxters

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

Fantastic man, thanks. Found it. I'll get them sent to my boy's place ready for us arriving. I booked the bare flight last night with no bags etc as I'm still a wee bit concerned about the one jab thing but reckon you're right about the EU passport. I'll just put my big boy pants on and go for it.

Thanks to you and @Inanimate Carbon Rod for your help. Above and beyond the forum call of duty lads. Will never slag this thread again! 😉

Just remember to do the Passenger Locator Form within 2 days of your flight, it's a bit of a pain but it's the one thing they're strict about. 

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Not shapeshifting over travel, tourism and aviation would probably help.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

America is seriously taking the pish, this is all they'll need to avoid quarantine in the UK from Monday.

f3e993fe-c355-4b1f-b9f0-f3341c2e123d-COR

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/blogs/stateline/2021/06/29/yes-some-people-really-are-faking-their-covid-vaccine-cards

I mean, that is funny, but so is proof of vaccination for an endemic respiratory virus that near enough every human on the planet will eventually be exposed to. There's no need for it beyond the short-term, even for international travel.

53 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

In light of yesterday's announcement, booked for 9th August from Milan to Manchester. What a ball ache this testing mullarkey is. As I read it, I need to take a test before I fly then another on Day 2. Guts of 100 sheets each for me and Mrs B. Also when looking on the websites of the private companies doing tests in Manchester, they haven't updated from yesterday so not sure which product to buy.  Is it going to be like this forever?

It's not if you're an EU or US citizen. Only UK residents who are fully vaccinated are being scammed with pointless testing when travelling - to give a new found sweetener to Tory mates.

11 minutes ago, Elixir said:

It's not if you're an EU or US citizen. Only UK residents who are fully vaccinated are being scammed with pointless testing when travelling - to give a new found sweetener to Tory mates.

Not sure what you mean there. I’m UK citizen but EU resident, vaccinated in EU. I still have to do the tests the same way you do.

11 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Not sure what you mean there. I’m UK citizen but EU resident, vaccinated in EU. I still have to do the tests the same way you do.

I mean that US and EU citizens do not need pointless tests to return to their respective country - proof of vaccination is all that's required. For example, I imagine you could travel just about anywhere in the bloc and return without the need for any testing.

Just now, Elixir said:

I mean that US and EU citizens do not need pointless tests to return to their respective country - proof of vaccination is all that's required. For example, I imagine you could travel just about anywhere in the bloc and return without the need for any testing.

Ah! Yes, you're absolutely correct. All we need is a paper or digital copy of the EU Covid pass which gets QR read. 

Stupid Brexit!

Angry Comedy Bang Bang GIF

Scottish numbers: 29 July 2021

Summary

• 1,398 new cases of COVID-19 reported
  • 33,679 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
    • 4.6% of these were positive
  • 13 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
  • 60 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 490 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 4,005,421 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,145,017 have received their second dose

37 minutes ago, Elixir said:

US have a total ban on UK and EU visitors. AFAIK German citizens returning from the UK still have to quarantine. 

Edited by welshbairn

Daily Cases Update:  Day 23 of dropping cases and down another stonking 5.68% to 165.6   Infectivity drops 3 ticks again to 6.3%.  We are now down over 61% from the peak 3 weeks ago.  Far more moves in the table today. Interesting the different trajectory again of West Dunbartonshire to the top at 234.3 while the East (Keep forgetting who is posher) is down the bottom in 27th place.  Dundee & Edinburgh sliding down the charts must be a good sign, both with huge falls today.

Another  improvement of 2, 518 up from 2,031 1st Vaccines.  Still circa 375,000 to go.  2nd vaccines also a jump to 19,327.

Total Cases Scotland 7 days from 20th July to 26th July  were 9,598 now 9,053 down 5.68%.  Positivity was 6.6%  now 6.3%.   Cases per 100k were 175.6  now 165.6

Excellent UK cases update:   Even Northern Ireland may have turned corner.

Home Nations Daily update  :  UK Average  417.0 to 376.5 down 9.71%, England 447.6 to 401.4 down 10.32%, Wales 176.3 to 167.5 down 4.99%, Northern Ireland  521.8 to 515.0  down 1.30%

So that's the UK down for 4 days in a row.  Scotland 23 days, Wales 6 days, England 4 days and Northern Ireland 1 day.

Latest European figures today. Spain  383.4 to 376.0, France 207.9 to 217.7, Portugal  213.9 to 204.8, Netherlands  216.5 to 196.5, Greece  180.1 to 179.1, Ireland 174.0 to 174.8, Russia  113.9 to 113.0  No other major European nation above 100.    Poland, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, Albania, Bosnia, Ukraine, North Macedonia,  Czech Rep, Bulgaria, Germany, Latvia, Moldova, Serbia, Slovenia, Croatia, Sweden, Austria, Norway are all under 35 cases per 100K. Where are their 3rd waves ?  

Scotland peaks in Wave 3 at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland previously peaked in wave 2 at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

West Dunbartonshire   227.5 to 234.3  Our new leader

North Lanarkshire   233.9 to 217.2 

Glasgow City 225.0 to 210.0

East Lothian  216.9 to 209.5

Inverclyde 203.7 to 189.5 

South Lanarkshire  180.2 to 187.6

West Lothian 186.1 to 185.0

Midlothian   213.6 to 182.5  Continues to plunge down near 15% 

Stirling   166.9 to 170.1

Clackmannanshire   171.6 to 169.6  

City Of Edinburgh  186.5 to 169.4  23rd day in a row of dropping. Today over 9%

Dundee City  192.2 to 168.7  23rd day in a row of dropping. Today amazing 12%

Fife  171.9 to 166.8

East Ayrshire   180.1 to 163.7  

Western Isles    135.8 to 162.3  Charging up the charts

North Ayrshire   154.2 to 160.1  3 substantial daily rises.

Renfrewshire  164.4 to 151.1

East Renfrewshire  162.4 to 150.9 

Aberdeen City  151.1 to 149.7

Scottish  Borders  150.1 to 144.9 

Falkirk  166.3 to 143.2  First shout out to my Red Dotting friend. Down excellent near 14%

Shetland Islands  135.5 to 139.9

South Ayrshire  148.0 to 136.4  

Argyll & Bute  159.2 to 132.3  Down amazing 25% in 2 days.

Moray  140.0 to 127.5

Highlands   128.7 to 126.6

East Dunbartonshire  133.3 to 124.1 

Dumfries & Galloway   135.5 to 123.4

Perth & Kinross     133.6 to 119.1 

Angus   130.4 to 116.6  Another excellent 10% fall

Aberdeenshire    110.4 to 100.5 Also excellent 10% drop.

Orkney Islands 44.6 to 49.1

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

US have a total ban on UK and EU visitors. AFAIK German citizens returning from the UK still have to quarantine. 

The EU is currently discussing whether to add the UK to the list of nations outside the EU that individual countries should lift their restrictions.

Keep an eye on an update on this page.

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/travel-during-coronavirus-pandemic_en#restrictions-on-travel-from-third-countries-to-the-eu

3 minutes ago, superbigal said:

The EU is currently discussing whether to add the UK to the list of nations outside the EU that individual countries should lift their restrictions.

Keep an eye on an update on this page.

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/travel-during-coronavirus-pandemic_en#restrictions-on-travel-from-third-countries-to-the-eu

Currently Italy require a 5 day quarantine on UK arrivals. This was until July 30th so waiting to hear an announcement today. The downtrend is giving me heart.

23 minutes ago, Elixir said:

You couldn't make it up. The 'progressives' are in knots. warnock.png

Only if you willingly conflate asylum seekers with holiday makers.  It is possible to be in favour of people fleeing rape / torture / imprisonment or death crossing borders, whilst also not being in favour of people travelling when they don’t require to.