Coronavirus (COVID-19)

BJ really doesn't like Macron. France is on "Amber Plus", so no getting out of quarantine for the double jagged, because Reunion, 6000 miles away, is rife with the South African variant. But Reunion itself is "Amber", so they can saunter straight in without having to quarantine. WTF!

Edited by welshbairn

Johnson doesn't want people going on holiday but is too scared to say it. He's giving people hope they might get, only to force mass cancellations when the goalposts are shifted at the review. 

Giving the travel industry the illusion that they can sell holidays as well, presumably through fear of backlash. The result is that a whole lot more people are going to get laid off when furlough ends. The demand is certainly there, but the government has chopped the limbs off the sector. 

8 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

He doesn’t like Macron and his entire government is a complete shambles.

Macron has been an absolute shithawk to the UK since Brexit, and more so the turn of the year with the whole lorry food chain debacle.

Tit for tat, but you can just about see why Johnson is doing it.

24 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Macron and Johnson might not have much in common, but they are a pair of wankers for their own distinct reasons. 

And he makes shite football kits.

In light of yesterday's announcement, booked for 9th August from Milan to Manchester. What a ball ache this testing mullarkey is. As I read it, I need to take a test before I fly then another on Day 2. Guts of 100 sheets each for me and Mrs B. Also when looking on the websites of the private companies doing tests in Manchester, they haven't updated from yesterday so not sure which product to buy.  Is it going to be like this forever?

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

https://news.stv.tv/politics/snp-urge-rishi-sunak-to-apologise-over-furlough-withdrawal?top&amp&__twitter_impression=true

Given that the UK Gov lifted all restrictions on July 19th, any Scottish jobs lost from October 1st due to the Scottish Government keeping restrictions in place longer than necessary to "care more" fall squarely on the shoulders of the decision makers in Holyrood.

If the SG are worried about job losses in 2 months time, perhaps they should have spent the last few weeks, and the time between now and September 30th, getting things open, talking up the ridiculously effective vaccines, and encouraging people to get back to enjoying their lives, instead of shifting the level 0 goalposts at the last minute, not giving much away about what "beyond level 0" will look like, continuing the "we just don't know" and non-committal "for some time" schtick, and just causing uncertainty in general.

Always someone else's fault...

Did you really expect anything else?   

5 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

In light of yesterday's announcement, booked for 9th August from Milan to Manchester. What a ball ache this testing mullarkey is. As I read it, I need to take a test before I fly then another on Day 2. Guts of 100 sheets each for me and Mrs B. Also when looking on the websites of the private companies doing tests in Manchester, they haven't updated from yesterday so not sure which product to buy.  Is it going to be like this forever?

It’ll be the Amber package most likely, there is some talk of italy going green but im not as sure. Your pre-fly test can be a rapid antigen test, i know in Spain these have a maximum legal price. The day 2 test is pcr, if you know where you are staying you can have the randox ones (one of the cheapest) sent to your accomodation and post it in a drop box. Probably the cheapest way to do it. 

12 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Check your airline, they might do a discount for day 2., BA and Ryanair have a deal with Randox who are about the cheapest, they send it to your UK address. My preflight antigen test in Portugal was 30 euros. It's not as bad as it sounds.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

It’ll be the Amber package most likely, there is some talk of italy going green but im not as sure. Your pre-fly test can be a rapid antigen test, i know in Spain these have a maximum legal price. The day 2 test is pcr, if you know where you are staying you can have the randox ones (one of the cheapest) sent to your accomodation and post it in a drop box. Probably the cheapest way to do it. 

Thanks. I given the randox a try. I wouldn't need to stay in the house til the results come back would I?

Aye, Malpensa has a rapid test station. Think it's 32 euros a skull.